Little Darling

8/11/2009 2:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The 46-year-old resurfaced at some event with her "Pirate Movie" co-star Christopher Atkins, looking happy.

Kristy McNichol

In 1992, Kristy was diagnosed with bipolar disorder.

After quitting acting, Kristy went to school to style hair.

mary

Does anybody else think she looks alot like Jane Valez Mitchell?

Lekili

Nice to see that she's alive and well. She looks great!

opine

I loved her as Buddy in Family. I used to watch that show while I babysat- it was the only way back then I could stay up that late! I missed her not doing more in movies, but life IS more important than entertainment. yay Kristi! Hope you are doing well

Helldorado

The Pirate Movie was funny as Hell.

David

I adored Kristy. What a sweetie! I could look at her beautiful face forever, and I'll never forget her lean, perfect body. I will always wish her the very best. I think I hear Van Morrison's "Brown Eyed Girl" playing.

Brianna from Australia

Sheesh......I had THE biggest crush on Krisy when I was about 12/13 back in 1979! I was already a bit of a tomboy and she just fueled that even more. I tried to emulate her so much, I bought checked collar shirts, plain collar shirts, t-shirts with the dark edging round the sleeves and neck, sneakers like hers, just about everything she wore I tried to copy. I even bought skateboards like hers, I'm sure my mum was starting to get a little worried about me! I just wanted to be her sooo much, I envied her enormously, her beautiful hair, gorgeous sincere smile, fabulous big brown puppy dog eyes, athletic body. I guess you could say I was obsessed with her, I tried to watch everything that she was in but it was a bit hard though living here in Australia because we didn't get all of the shows, so I had to be content with buying up just about every issue of Tiger Beat, Teen Beat, etc, that was produced. Little Darlings was the icing on the cake, such a great movie. I was stunned to hear a couple of years ago that she had been diagnosed with bipolar, such a shock. Although to be honest, I was more stunned to hear that she was a lesbian, that completely floored me, I really was hoping to read that she had got married and had some children. I'm just glad though that she seems to have sorted alot of things out in her life and got some help and got it together. I too would love to see her back on the screen but I also want her to be completely happy, so I respect that she has retired from acting and I wish her every bit of happiness for the rest of her life, she deserves it, she made so many people happy through her t.v. and screen work, because she just exuded innocence, happiness, delightfullness and girl next door look. Love you Kristy, keep well.

Cindy

I Loved Her...........She looks Great!! Looks like she made the right choice................. By the way nice looking husband too.

Pray For the Beaten Up!

TMZ I don't think she went to hair school. I saw her as a veterinarian's assistant in the late 90's her name tag said "Chris". She was one of the last people my cat saw before he was put to sleep. She was pleasant, but I felt bad considering all the energy she exuded on the "night the light's went out in georgia" and "little darlings'". She was just plain with that same short hair when she use to have really pretty layered shag.

ava

she was always the cute tomboy with sensibility.

LongJohn69

Then, as now.....butt ugly!

clarinetkim

She was my first female crush. Kristi you're a brilliant actress and hope you are happy in life.

stan

I hope she returns to acting. She is missed by lots of people. She should write a book.

EGGO

She's not dead.........she's just a lesbian!

poormsw

I loved this movie as a kid and can't deny that I still find it enjoyable! Singing underwater is AWESOME!

Carter Forster - London, Ontario, Canada

MAJOR closeted lesbian. Major. :-o Come on out, Kris. The water's fiiiiiiiiiiiiiine.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments