Prez Obama -- Plains Indian Giver

8/12/2009 6:56 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

President Barack Obama tried not to poke out his eye while awarding the Presidential Medal of Freedom to Joe Medicine Crow-High Bird -- the last living Plains Indian war chief -- on Wednesday.

Barack Obama
The 95-year-old Crow Nation historian and WWII vet received the nation's highest civilian honor along with 15 others, including Sandra Day O'Connor, Billie Jean King, Sidney Poitier and the late Harvey Milk.

monica

TMZ WAS YOU SCOOPED BY PEREZ ABOUT KOURTNEY KARDASHIAN BEING PREGNANT?

guy rich

hes like THIS INDIAN SMELLS? CAN I TAX HIS HEALTH CARE?

Hot Chocolate

chicken head

obama speak with fork tongue

MyThoughts

Guess Who's Coming To Dinner

teh bob

Dat ass

rick

20. I think the term "Indian Giver" is offensive and not funny at all. Native Americans endured a great injustice in this nation, arguably the worst. I have Native roots and you guys should be ashamed. One of the oldest living leaders in the countries history and you guys make an offensive remark. I love TMZ, buts it's just not cool. I think theres plenty more going on for you guys to have fun with. First Nation.

If you dont speak a Native tongue, have an Indian card, and celebrate thanksgiving to claim to be a Native American.
And there was no injustice done the English bought the land from the chiefs with beads and cigarettes.

Hot Chocolate

Rick- this is the 21st Century. Get a life!

HA HA HA

Shaylee - Are you serious??? What an idiot. I don't think its the smell, he obviously turned his head and Obama moved back to avoid it.

Tammy: (Tthe idiot who said there were a lot of minorities), Bush gave awards to: Muhammed Ali, Aretha Franklin, BB King, Frank Robinson etc. in fact if you break it down, he gave out a higher percentage to minorities. You just noticed it now because you're RACIST. Although, he did give one to George Tenet, that's pretty awesome for all the good work the CIA did getting us into Iraq.

God, the comments on tmz are the best part...y'all are the stupidest commenters on the Internet and that says a lot. Usually I just read 'em, but today I needed to jump 'cuz if it ain't happening to MJ you're all pretty clueless.

Kiki

OBAMA ROCKS!!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK MR PRESIDENT!!!

camaguey

Sidney Poitier being honored!??!! Isn't he the one who went to Venezuela not long ago and told Mr. Chavez that all Americans wanted to have a government like what he had there or that we all wanted to live like they do in Venezuela or such outrageous thing?!!??!! Let me google this. This has just about GOT TO STOP!

Heidi

Obama is obviously just trying to stay clear of the pokey hat.

Kayan Phoenix

WTF if wrong with Obama .. to show such disrespect for his Elders .. especially when he's supposed to be honoring him with Medal .. someone needs to teach him some manners!!!! he's an Ass Hole!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GrandmaDynamite

TESTICLES

MindTerrorist

WHO GIVES A RATS ASS!!!!!