Prez Obama -- Plains Indian Giver

8/12/2009 6:56 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

President Barack Obama tried not to poke out his eye while awarding the Presidential Medal of Freedom to Joe Medicine Crow-High Bird -- the last living Plains Indian war chief -- on Wednesday.

Barack Obama
The 95-year-old Crow Nation historian and WWII vet received the nation's highest civilian honor along with 15 others, including Sandra Day O'Connor, Billie Jean King, Sidney Poitier and the late Harvey Milk.

MammaMia

Meh- My Grandma got that medal but she EARNED it for her heroic acts instead of just existing and being old.

How very pandering and PC of the Commander in Chief.

MJ WAS A JUNKIE

11. I have to say, Barack Obama has gotten on my nerves. I respect that he is President but 4 years can't be over fast enough.

Posted at 6:41PM on Aug 12th 2009 by xhiabaughn
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
He is only going to be a one term prez. But I agree it can't come fast enough.

nonoway

AZfire

He is a Chief with the Crow Tribe. The Crow were scouts for the US Army during the Indian Wars and assisted in the genocide of the Plains Indians, most notably the Lakota (Sioux). I have nothing against this man but his Tribe has a mark of shame hanging over it for the actions of their ancestors.

MJ WAS A JUNKIE

OBAMA IS GOING TO BRING THIS COUNTRY DOWN.

Hollywood's a Hazard

Hail to the Chiefs.

MJ WAS A JUNKIE

34. I am sick to death of Obozo disrespecting Americans. Who the hell does that friggin arogant azz think he is?

Posted at 8:14PM on Aug 12th 2009 by imgumbydammit
---------------------------------------------------------------
HE IS A ONE TERM DUMBAZZ

LH

Get a life and stop being offended by everything. Many people around the World and in North America have had a hard life and I never hear them pitying themselves like the hispanics and the Native Americans whine and bray. Before you jump on me - my grandmother was 100% Plains Cree-American. Our family appreciates our heritage. We enjoy talking about our Maka's lifetime experiences and that she had a solution for every problem we could imagine, however, we live in the 21st Century and don't need crutches to face our future. Trust your fate - some people appear successful. Others don't appear successful but they're still happy with their life.

My Cree Tribe are now both Americans and Canadians. They are the largest group of indigenous peoples in Canada. Many of the Cree who reside in the US live on the Rocky Boy Indian Reservation in Montana along with members of the Chippewa Tribe. The Cree once lived in much of Canada and the Northeastern United States, but a smallpox epidemic killed an estimated 80% of the Cree in the late 1700s.

President Obama looks like he has never been around so many colored feathers in his lifetime and doesn't want to lose an eye! Congratulations Joe, we are honored by your lifetime achievements.

Amanda

What's Obomber doing behind the man? And what's with him making a face? He's in the same category as George Bush. The term "Indian giver" is a derogatory one. This picture and name of it shows disrespect. Is Obomber an Oreo or what.

I Will Take Being Born White Any Day - Thats Worth Much More To Me, #6

I bet if I had that headdress I could get loads of pussie.

drknowitawl

MJ WAS A JUNKIE

31. WHO GIVES A RATS ASS!!!!!

Posted at 8:08PM on Aug 12th 2009 by Mind Terrorist
---------------------------------------------------------
NOT ME

Fan Since 2007!!!

Wouldn't it be ironic if Hitler or Stalin came back as a Black guy..?

Amanda

Hey Proud Bird, what's Obomber doing BEHIND the man if he doesn't want to get stuck by one of the "dangerous" feathers? Most people present something like that from the front, looking at the recipient in the eye and not standing behind making faces. The face he made is dumb.

What's the tirade about Native-Americans feeling sorry for themselves? So your grandmother was Indian.....which makes you more white than Indian. I'm not impressed. Most whites claim Native-American blood......mainly one of the civilized tribes of course i.e. "Cherokee." At least you're original, claiming to be 1/4 Cree (and it's usually from the grandmother).

MJ WAS A JUNKIE

44. i think TMz is the most racist show on planet earth and white people are still ignorant on a whole and it's time for another civil rights movement

Posted at 8:33PM on Aug 12th 2009 by drknowitawl
-----------------------------------------------------------
THAT'S FUNNY BECAUSE EVERYTIME SOMETHING DON'T GO RIGHT FOR A BLACK THEY PLAY THE RACE CARD. JUST LIKE THAT STUPID HARVARD PROFESSOR DID. THEN OBAMA OPEN HIS STUPID MOUTH. TALK ABOUT STUPID PEOPLE.....