Billy Mays Health Insurance Ads Pulled

8/13/2009 1:29 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Today is the last day you'll be seeing the late, great Billy Mays endorse health insurance -- the company behind one of the legendary pitchman's most recent commercials has officially pulled the spot off the air.

Billy Mays: Click to watch
Billy claimed his work for the iCAN benefit group was "the most important product I have ever endorsed" -- but now, 6 weeks after Mays passed away, the company has decided to go another direction.

For the record, the company did get the OK from the family to continue running Billy's ad -- and Billy's son also made the following point on his Twitter page, "When actors die, their movies continue to play, right?"

Kay

Are all of you idiots?????

He was on PRESCRIPTION DRUGS for his 3rd hip replacement scheduled the day AFTER he died. Billy Mays is NOT a drug addict, he was a model citizen that helped people's dreams come true by promoting household items they invented. Anyone who bashes Billy Mays is going STRAIGHT TO HELL!

balls

POCKET ACES, BITCH!

London not England

Hey Rodney!!! If I did - I wouldn't have YOU or Tamar or Robin do my Autopsy!!!!

I suggest if you want to be an investigative reporter that you contact Harvey at TMZ and ask him for a job...instead of pushing your stupid subject matter onto the rest of us on stories that have nothing to do with that subject!!!!

So take that!!! You Cokka Doo doo Poopy Head !~! .....!!!
:-0

balls

i wouldn't buy a thing from this drug dealer other than BALLS. i likes me some BALLS.

B B B B B
A A A A A
L L L L L
L L L L L
S S S S S

London not England

#25 - BALLS

I Bet Billy's BALLS ARE "BLUE".......Get it...!?!?!?!?

But Rodney Peterson might disagree...................

cherryrn

This was a decent hard working man to was just touching stardom . He was in agony over his hip. I blame the Dr who did not tell him that his pain medication and sedatives all could depress and stop his breathing.All of his legal prescribed meds were
at therapuetic levels. No overdosage of any one. Dr. did not spend enough time and energy educating the public to the horror of an accidental overdosage. . His family does not deserve to be criticized for things they knew nothing about. If this was an overdosage , it was an accidental overdosage. The man had everything to live for. Remember Cyril Wecht could only read what was on paper. He did not do the tests on the toxicology or the autopsy itself.

lvazques

yes, But movies are not promoting any special service or item. I saw Billy Mays this week selling a handsfree device for cellphones so you can be safe....It was weird He's dead.. but says you too can use this...."He DEAD! pull the ad family

elle

No Dr would have prescribed ALL the drugs he had in his system at the same time. And then there was the cocaine on top of all the pain and anti-anxiety drugs.

Drug addiction kills - whether your a superstar, tv pitchman, or the guy living under the bridge.

Grayheck

I am shocked that the company continued to run the ads considering the violent and drug fueled final days of Mays life. I mean, he was a drug dealer! I could imagine still buying his cleaning products, but INSURANCE?

Frank

I'm sure this has alot to do with the Medical Examiner stating that he used cocaine prior to his death. There's no way a health insurance company would want a coke head peddling their plans. I think cocaine use is considered a pre-existing condition.

Carter Forster - London, Ontario, Canada

Yeah. Cocaine can do that to a person.

"HI! BILLY MAYS HERE FOR MIGHTSNUFF. IF YOU WANT A COCAINE HIGH, BUT CAN'T BE BOTHERED WAITING FOR THE HIGHT...."

Paula Duvall

...Aside from his voice, which I liken to fingernails on a blackboard, two of the products which he advertised turned-out to be "false, and misleading"...which prompted the companies involved to send me products, which would counteract damage done; and, aother to refund my money...after I had to get TOUGH, and threaten to retain the services of an attorney! Mays was another glaring example of the collapse of this country...all MOUTH...all JIVE...all CORRUPT...all SMOKE-AND-MIRRORS...and, nothing but a hopped-up, rank, lying opportunist...who got exactly what he deserved! I read somewhere that he was paid between $15k and $20k per commercial. Only in America will you find a "hairy anus" getting paid obscene amounts of cash to BREAK-WIND, on cue...

Kay

Listen "Elle" on comment #30, you are an idiot. I am prescribed a number of the same medications for a hip problem that I have, and some that aren't listed. No one is the judge of another persons pain and yes, doctors will prescribe whatever it takes to help alleviate a persons pain. I have nerve damage with a dislocated hip, and must work a full day on my feet all the time. It takes that medication to help me get through my day to day. So Listen here Dr. Elle, you need to get your facts straight before you criticize a great human being for a "drug problem" As for the cocaine, It's a hell of a drug. It shouldn't have been added but i'm no ones guardian.

Raejean

Never saw these. But it's odd-you'd think these would have been the first to go after he died.

Ugghhh!

TRUTHFULLY........this guy was an absolute irratant on TV. His screaming voice was nothing more than an assult!!! Now that he has gone......get him off the TV!

Everytime I see him, I see an addict......a screaming addict that killed himself with drug use. How these informercial people can still believe that we want to hear this guy is beyond me. Or that this guy was a good role model is a joke.

Gads.....why should we believe anything this guy ever had to say, now that we know he died of drug use. I will no longer buy that Seen On TV stuff, that this dead guy promotes. BAD BAD example to the rest of the buying public. Look what his death says about informericals.

Seems like an awful lot if not most of informerical people are either in trouble for drunk driving or out right stealing from the public. Like Kevin Trudeau, how many times has that guy been in trouble???? Look up his past, another bad example of bad salesman ship! Ugh................!!!!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments