Mel Gibson -- King of ABC

8/13/2009 10:48 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

ABC News -- the organization Roone Arledge and Peter Jennings built -- has turned into a bad version of US Weekly ... wussing out during an interview with Mel Gibson's baby mama.

Oksana Grigorieva: Click to watch
Oksana Grigorieva
, the chick who got knocked up by Mel, was on "GMA" this morning. She was booked solely for her singing prowess ... so the "journalist" said. We're sure that's because Oksana was a household name long before she hooked up with the King of Malibu.

Not a single question was asked about Mel, her relationship with him, his marriage, her out-of-wedlock pregnancy with a very religious man -- nothing. But good news -- they really focused on her singing!

Sylvia

She still sounds like a cat meowing LOL.

Mel you are a typical male thinking with your little head LOL.

Homie1Kanobe

It was probally like a GEORGE W. BUSH interview, where everything was SCRIPTED.

CRAZY IS AS CRAZY DOES

#9 i want Virginia.LOL

Lippy Loo

Ugghh.... disgusting lips and no talent. She looks like FRANKENFISH.... It amazes me how many people in the entertainment industry have zilch talent and make big bucks!

jan

That was truelly horrible, I actually felt embarresed for her.

Lori

She's a whore.

HRH

Yes...I can certainly see why they booked her for her musical talents....WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT????? Forthe love of BOB, please put on Miley or Britney! HAHAHAHAHA

justmyimagination

For all we know Mel Gibson's ex-wife is happy to be rid of him. I don't know these people and most who post here don't either.

I think people who try to live up to some kind of religious ideal of perfection always fall short because it's impossible. That's why they always end up doing the exact opposite of what they're preaching.

Sierra

I kind of wanted to like her, but in truth she is not a good singer. Her phrasing is very weird to say the least. And I agree with how she answered the questions about love songs. Very rambling and long. Maybe it was nerves or that English is her second language?

I agree that Mel is a "score" for her. From what I've read, she was also with another high profile guy who bought her a house, prior to being with Mel. She's sleeping her way up the food chain and a baby by Mel is the ticket for life. I'd say "lucky bitch" but she has to sleep with Mel. No thanks.

CRAZY IS AS CRAZY DOES

GEEZ, all american mom needs to chill. that Spears family is just trash, and the whole family is gutter garbage. You s/b be more outraged that a teenager got knocked up...rather than blowing you lid over tablois news. Please get a life, and get off line!

Aussie Suck Rou Nuts

She sounds like a cat in heat. SHE SUCKS! I rather she Diana get check for anal cancer.

entremedieu

Give some information about Michael......

.............

Ugh! Awful! My ears started to bleed!

CRAZY IS AS CRAZY DOES

#41, wake up, she denigrated herself. The people didn't for her to sleep with Mel, she did that knowing that she could have a fat payday!

Keith

What the hell is she singing about anyway?

"I love the whaaaaayy you weeeeeear your skin...... I love the whaaaaaaay you weeeeeeear your skin..... I love the whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay..."

One could fit a Mack truck into that open mouth.

Utterly utrocious.

incidentally, ABC has a prior relationship with Gibson via Disney - who have distributed some of his self-absorbed films. That unnerving cat howl stands on its own for comic relief - regardless of spawning Gibson's kid.