« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Philadelphia Eagles

Swoop Up Michael Vick

8/13/2009 6:59 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael VickLet the booing begin -- Michael Vick has officially been signed by an NFL team.

Vick's agent told ESPN the quarterback/canine's worst nightmare just signed a two-year deal with the Philadelphia Eagles.

Details of the deal have yet to be released, but you can bet the doghouse he won't reclaim his spot as the NFL's highest paid player.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Doodles

He will NEVER pay his debt to society for abusing innocent animals. Time in jail will never correct the flawed logic that allowed it to happen in the first place. Spending time in jail is NOT repaying one's debt to society. It is just spending time. I have not heard of any psychological counselling, and until he gets help to re-think his actions, there is a great chance that it will happen again.
That being said, at least he didn't join the New England Patriots. I can still support MY team.
If I was a Philly fan, I'd be selling my tickets, heck, I'd just burn them to make sure that the seats would be empty in protest.

beachy

He belongs in Philly. They throw stuff at Santa Claus. I would have bet that the Cowboys would have picked him up. Their owner sold his mother to try an win a SB.

Another NFL'er that should be on skid row. Lower than low.

I already hated the Eagles (my ex is from there). Now - I ultra hate the Eagles. I wonder how Andy Reid will handle this while his two sons are in prison. Hmmmmmm.

The NFL is becoming the NBA. Sad.

sickofittoo

I just got a 300.00 leather Eagles jacket that is stunning from the forum shops in Vegas, I'm returning it this weekend, stat.

sickofittoo

I'll bet you a buck that all the vick supporting posts are none other than the idiots that signed him on ,posing as fans.

sickofittoo

I'm throwing away my eagles hat

Nick Nino

HATERS!!!!!!!!!! signed a 2 yr deal 1.2 million for the first year with an option of 5.2 million for the 2nd year....give the guy a break..EAGLES BABY!

Lashonda

I'm glad that vick is with a team.... i bet that will be the most watched game when he plays.... And so what if someone boos him..... I can think of 1.6 million ways that will keep him focused. GO VICK...

I bet TMZ will write a new story praising vick once he starts playing again......

they actually weren't bad

19. Personally, I dont like dogs. They stink, they require too much maintenance, they shed, they urinate all over everything, they cant help with the bills and they are too needy. Dogs should not hold a man back from feeding his family and getting back to work. Mike Vick has spent time in jail for his crime, so lets not convict the man twice. Go Vick, I will support the Eagles now more than ever, although I will forever be a steelers fan

Posted at 9:20PM on Aug 13th 2009 by A black woman

That's OK we don't need you. Why don't you just be an Eagles fan now?

Ben

28. Personally, I dont like babies. They stink, they require too much maintenance, they urinate all over everything, they cant help with the bills and they are too needy, does that mean I'd love to watch them get killed?
Try another angle typical black woman, moron.

Posted at 9:20PM on Aug 13th 2009 by A black woman

Posted at 9:27PM on Aug 13th 2009 by typical

EXACTLY what I was going to say! It's these people I pray never EVER reproduce, and when/if they do....us working people have to take care of them and their 'litters'....this moron sounds just like one of 'those'. Great post, typical.

sickofittoo

My Father has season tickets to the Eagle games , he just threw the packet in the trash , all that money he spent yet he hates vick enough to throw them away , he cannot think of anyone he knows who would have wanted them.

Nix

This is a blight on football no matter what team to hire on a cruel person who would abuse those defenseless dogs as well as a killer of the defenseless dogs. The NFL have to stand for what's right and really make a stand, and I don't care what time he got. It wasn't enough!!

nikki88

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!
im glad he got picked up & knew he would. theres no way a team would let a QB like him go to waste.
brush the haters off Vick!!

SarahJaneDoe

this is a complete outrage and a disgrace. if it were up to me, or millions of humane, animal loving individuals, michael vick would have been punished much more severely and his football career would be over.

I Will Take Being Born White Any Day - Thats Worth Much More To Me, #6

Well, won't have any trouble knowing who to pull for when the Eagles play.

sickofittoo

Man , I love the Eagles , for six years I have been a rabid Eagles fan , but as of today not no more.
Go Steelers!