Jon & Kate's Fight -- Blame the Babysitter

8/14/2009 2:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

You can blame the babysitter for Jon and Kate Gosselin's blowup last night.

Play video

Sources close to Jon and Kate tell TMZ that Kate was upset because Jon wanted to leave the kids with Stephanie Santoro -- the babysitter who was handpicked by Jon.

We're told Kate has serious trust issues with Santoro, and doesn't want her playing nanny with her kids. Kate went to the house to watch the kids instead of Santoro -- and that sparked the fight that ended with Kate calling 911.

Jon pretty much confirmed all this -- in his words -- this morning at his house. When in doubt, blame the nanny.

linda

Both of these people just need to go away! Do you really think Kate doesn't have babysitters and nannies at all times? Both of them are camera whores and want to be in the spotlight more than they want to be with their kids. All the kids are going to need serious counseling eventually. It has to be hard enough on kids to have your family split apart in private, imagine having that happening in public. Thanks to TLC these kids will be able to relive this nightmare over and over again. It is obvious that Jon and Kate don't care about their kid or they wouldn't have allowed this to play out in front of millions of people. I feel really sorry for all the kids. The only reason their parents are "famous" is because they CHOSE to have way more kids then they could afford and devised a scheme to not have to support them on their own. So sad.

laura bell lou

There's only one reason a woman would want Jon, Money! I can't see any thing else in him because he treats his wife and own kids like a dog , no worse!! Any man brings who brings girls in the house to sleep with, not caring about his own children has no respect for his still wife is a dog!!!! He is a sex addict!!!

HeyLittleRichGirl

Kate has every right to do this. I used to be team Jon but he doesn't exactly have the best judgement right now. Kate may have her control issues but she knows what is safe for her kids. I watch crime shows there's no way in hell some shady babysitter is going to watch my kids. Even if the babysitter seemed alright, I'm sure Kate just got bad vibes. It's not worth the risk to be carefree when you have children.

Steph

Ugh. This sad excuse for a human being needs to grow up and grow some balls while he's at ut. Just looking at him makes me sick.

Paula

If there is a full time nanny or babysitter already there he should not have called someone else. Kate as well as Jon when he is not there has every right to call and speak to the kids and check on them. It appears that there have been problems with this nanny in the past and her not actually taking care of the kids when she was supposed to be. What errands could he had to run for a 2 day visit if i did not pertain to something absolutely essential for the kids he should have been keeping his sorry whiny i miss my kids (LIAR) a$$ there. I am sure there were plenty of groceries and everything else they could possibly need already there. He just wanted to get away from where he didn't really want to be probably to get ready for the pool party he is fixing to host. It is not about her controlling him he has proven to be very untrust worthy in the past few months if you watch the show you see him always walking around the property on the phone not actually doing anything with the kids. If i was Kate i would say here's you some money just don't come back and he would smile his stupid sh$$ eating grin and be gone until the money ran out. He was trying to make him self look like i'm in charge don't f$$$ with me i'm calling the shots and instead most likely hurt his kids and made himself look like an even bigger loser except to those who are probably just like him male or female because there are alot of sorry trashy excuses for mother's as well as father's.

Paula

You people who think he would not bonk the sitter because he is being watched have got to be kidding he does not care what he does because he knows that there are people like you defending him.

Jon is a loser and a deadbeat dad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

who the hell

WOW he does look like squiggy from Lavern and shirly it he his son?

SOOTHE

He would screw anything. I hear the dogs are nervous when he is home and will only back away from him and not turn their backs
to him.

Bren

He will approve of her babysitters if she approves of his? What is he...5 years old? If she had real reasons to not approve of the babysitter and he didn't listen, then I don't blame her for going there and wanting to look after them instead. I'd like to hear her reasons for not approving of her, since she has used Stephanie in the past. Was there, infact, something going on with her and Jon? Hmmm.

sara

I don't believe this, Jon is giving an entire INTERVIEW to a PAP. Jeez, what an idiot

Paula

Kate's leaving after the cops came does not prove Jon did anything right it proves she needs to have the visitation order changed to read something even a moron such as Jon and the people on Team Jon can understand DON'T BRING YOUR WHORES AROUND THE KIDS GIVE YOUR D$$$ A REST! When the cops showed up if the moron was there for his kids he should have went back to them after Kate left instead of standing at the fence talking to the cameras with that stupid smile that makes him uglier than what he already is.

jdklb

This man is a jackass! Watch your own kids! I have an ex just like him, gets his kids 4 days a month and still does his own thing. Why father children if you have no intentions of being a parent?

murrey

GROW UP!

JustMe

Anyone that thinks Kate just randomly showed up is kidding themselves. She got wind of the babysitter being there. Someone called her and tipped her off. My guess is that Jon was trying to pull a fast one.

Susie

I stopped watching this UNREAL reality show a long time ago......when I realized it was just about exploiting the kids for the money and the trips and the perks. Its past time to pull it from the air before it spawns another greedy trailer-trash wanna-be-a-TV-star to over produce a bunch of babies for her own 'reality" show. Oh, wait! That's already happened with OCTOMOM!
So, next week I will watch it one last time and write down every name of every SPONSOR and PRODUCT PLACEMENT I see....... And I will start writing letters and sending emails that if the sponsors don't pull their support for this show, I will be waging my own little war of BOYCOTTING everything they are trying to sell. It may not be much in the grand scheme of things, but I'll sleep better knowing that I did SOMETHING to get TLC to pull the plug on this show for the sake of those kids. Care to join me????