« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Michael Vick

'I Made Bad Decisions'

8/14/2009 1:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The Michael Vick "Please Don't Pelt Me with Objects" tour began today as Vick addressed the press for the first time as a member of the Philadelphia Eagles.

videos

Vick said all the right things -- like "I won't disappoint," "Playing in the NFL is a privilege, not a right," and "You only get one shot at a second chance" -- but he's still got a long way to go to win over the fans of Philly.

Remember, these are the same people that booed Santa Claus.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Ben

220. PEOPLE FIRST.WEIRD DOG LOVEN FOOLS BLUE EYED DEVILS BEASTIALITY LOVING AND KISSING DOGS.PITTS ARE KNOWN TO KILL BABIES. PEOPLE FIRST.

Posted at 6:28PM on Aug 14th 2009 by peoplefirst

Animals that kill are because they've been TRAINED to do so. Or tortured and tormented into being violent. I had a chihuahua that we got from the pound that had been teased and abused and that little tiny thing was pure EVIL! Animals are only as 'killer' as who trained them to be that way.

ja

i say let michael vick play, and if he looses take him out back and shoot him.

Fito

He did crime and did his time. NFL player Donte Stallworth killed a human while driving drunk in Miami, or did you people forgot about that

Speakingtruth

I'm from Philadelphia and very VERY excited about Micheal Vick joining the Eagles! Great move and an excellent place to be. Tony Dungy, Donovan McNab and Andy Reid - God Bless you for being an example to us all in reaching out to this young man that has more than paid the price for his choices. To Pink (who ever you are) and everyone that is still haboring bad feelings I say to you - HE WHO IS WITHOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE! John 8:7. Pray about that hatred in your heart and seek God's forgiveness and mercy. It's time to move on!!!!

fv

Seriously ... this site ROCK!!!!!!

sue

MV! YOU SXB! I would like to see some pit bulls get a hold you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GIVE YOU A TASTE OF YOUR OWN MEDICINE!

Speakingtruth

To everyone with Eagles season tickets that are so disgusted that they do not want to go any games, PLEASE let me know, I know at least 50 people that will be glad to take them off your hands and will proudly cheer Vic on every chance he plays! It's really sad to hear some of you talk as though you have never done anything wrong in your life. Men/women go to prision to be rehabilitated but when they get out society does not welcome them, they slam the door and label them. Give the man and chance, give all that have paid their price a chance! Start with the Man in the Mirror.... ask him to Change his ways! and remember.... HE WITHOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE! John 8:7 Much Love!!

Philly owners are heartless

I can't believe the owners of this team did this. Ok he is sorry, sorry he had to go to jail. I don't think anyone who could torture and kill a living thing should be allowed to just pick up where he left off. I'm not a bleeding heart but right is right and this is all kinds of WRONG.

nicki

I am a dog lover and have 3 dogs myself. I detest what this man did and cried for those poor dogs BUT Mr. Vick served time in prison and paid his debt to society. Which is alot more than most people who get caught for this sort of thing. Everyone deserves a second chance, who among you has not been given a second chance? Now if he f*cks up his second chance than i will have no pity for him.

Rindy

People please stop holding grudges. This man did his time that was required of him in prison. Yes he got out early on house arrest. He is doing his time and has to go around and speak about what he did wrong. Stop trying to decide if he should continue to be punished because none of us is GOD. No one including YOU have the right to hold this against him forever until YOU decide if he is punished enough in your eyes. AGAIN YOU ARE NOT GOD! HE has a right to do his time for doing the crime but after that he has the right to use his talent which is football to make a living. NO ONE IS ABOVE GOD TO WHERE THEY CAN SAY HE DOES NOT DESERVE A SECOND CHANCE. I PRAY THAT YOU WILL FORGIVE MICHAEL VICKS/OTHERS FOR THEIR WRONG DOING BEFORE YOU TAKE YOUR LAST BREATH HERE ON EARTH. It is sad how we are so hypocritical in this world today.

honeydew

Yeah I do admit that he was wrong for what he did. But at the same time when do we stop and forgive people? Make no excuses he deserves to be punished and he did his time. I see it this way the other football player killed a man and now he's gotta jail enjoying the finner things of life. While that man family still grieves and misses him now what can you say about that? Make no mistake that I too love and have dogs. But didn't GOD create humans as the greatest species of the earth ? So I say to all of those who wish him not to play ;it's not up to you it's up to our Creator and remember that no deed goes unrewarded and remember that HE WITHOUT SIN SHALL CAST THE FIRST STONE. So don't act like you haven't done something in your life that you later regretted .

samantha

I'm not even a Michael Vick fan per se, but I'm glad he's being allowed back into the league for one reason. I love seeing the denizens of Phildelphia roiled. All the animadversion that people are spouting makes me laugh LOL. What he did was unpardonable, but seeing people post comments in high dudgeon is priceless.

Michael, if you're reading this, heed my admonition. Whatever questionable activities you may be partaking in, need to remain sub rosa. No bravado or rodomontade, just discretion. People are looking for any little reason to kvetch. Be careful!

Sparky

He deserves a second chance....to work at Mcdonald's. OR give up most of his NFL paycheck to the Humane Society.

phillip stinchcomb

michael had did his time all you who hate vick is wrong. let the man work i hate you harvey u need to let tmz follow you for day.

marilyn

As far as Michael Vick is concerned, I wish all of the animals he tortured and killed had a second chance, anyone who is capable of such atrocities is comparable to Hitler.