« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Michael Vick

'I Made Bad Decisions'

8/14/2009 1:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The Michael Vick "Please Don't Pelt Me with Objects" tour began today as Vick addressed the press for the first time as a member of the Philadelphia Eagles.

videos

Vick said all the right things -- like "I won't disappoint," "Playing in the NFL is a privilege, not a right," and "You only get one shot at a second chance" -- but he's still got a long way to go to win over the fans of Philly.

Remember, these are the same people that booed Santa Claus.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Debbie

It isn't just that he participated in dog racing. That is why he went to jail but he also tortured dogs, hanging them upside down and zapping them with electricity-going to jail is no cure for being a psychopath or sociopath. P. Rose only bet on some games and he's never allowed to play baseball again. Come on, where's the justice. Does someone actually read these comments-please compare the two cases and explain to me how Vic can still get more than a million dollars a year.

Brett

Nobody's perfect. If you always look at the negative actions of celebrities, then everybody would hate every celebrity out there. Michael Vick has learned his lesson. Think about this. Michael Jackson wasn't always so perfect and has done some ridiculous things, but yet his fans continue to support him. Quit judging people so much, damn. You're probably no better anyways. What negative crap have YOU done latley? Exactly. Michael Vick, you are awesome!!

ES

I understand that there are some individuals who cannot get past what he did. I get that. I have a dog and love my dog more than anything in the world., but I would like to give Michael Vic the benefit of the doubt. He served his time and he seems to be showing sincere humility. I truly hope that he is a changed man and is able to use his mistakes to enlighten others about right and wrong. Who could be a greater role model to change people's minds about dog fighting and animal cruelty than someone who previously didn't care? I'd like to give him a chance and see if he walks his talk. If not, then he deserves everyone's condemnation.

Annie

P.E.T.A. PHILADELPHIA EAGLES TAKES ABUSER

I say put him in a pit with the abused dogs that are left and see if they can forgive him.
Maybe the Eagles will have a tortured season...Karma baby

Ben

244. ARE YOU PEOPLE DUMB! DONTE STALLWORTH KILLED A PERSON IN MIAMI FOR DRUNK DRIVING!! IS A DOG WORTH MORE THAN A HUMAM!!

Posted at 7:39PM on Aug 14th 2009 by Fito

In most cases...yes.

Kala

Exactly how long does a man have to pay for making a mistake? He served 2 years in jail, lost financial stability, and faces daily ridicule. There comes a time when you allow him to prove himself. Let's all have a conversation in a year.

Tammy

I think it is a disgrace that this man is allowed to, yet again, become see young boys "hero" when all he is, is a punk! A bully! Anyone that can abuse an animal as he has should not be allowed to be in the public's eyes and they sure in the hell should be paid over $1 million dollars! I think he should be made to give 75% of those earnings to animals shelters all across the US. The Philadelphia Eagles SUCK!!!!

staholly

Animals mean so much; that when the economy went south people starting dropping there dogs off at the pound or just letting the go. Animals are considered, things not people. It's no different than breaking an item.You people's priorties are so clouded.

jILL

A bad mistake would be the one the eagles made by signing you, vick. what you did is unforgivable. point blank, you are a sick individual who shouldnt be in the public eye. you dont deserve the NFL and the fans dont deserve to have to watch you play on the field their tickets pay for. eat dog poop vick!

Lippy Loo

This piece of garbage should spend one year in jail for every dog that he tortured and killed. And, I MEAN DOG YEARS!!! I really pity ICK, he was in prison for a measley 18 months at the taxpayers expense. He got free housing, free 3 meals a day, TV, working out, visitors, etc. etc. Did those poor defenseless dogs get a second chance??? I lost my job due to a selfish, vindictive, jealous boss, am I going to get a second chance??? NO!! And, I never killed anything and made less than 20k a year. I guess it is okay, to be a wife beater, cheater, drunk, druggie, and dog killer and still make millions and be on national TV.

truth

Michael Vick is going to do great.

If they hated Santa Claus, they'll love Vick.

Figure it the $%&# OUT!!

what

I think alot of you are just missing the point. Vick is a sick cookie . One third of the people who abuse animals will abuse woman, children and commit murder. Vick did the time but has he had any psychiatric help. He needs mental help now. Bret Mayer was beating his wife after a game? This might tell why he hired Vick. Bret probably killed animals when he was younger.

Lippy Loo

Mr. Ick makes me want to vomit my breakfast, lunch, and dinner. This monster did not give those poor dogs a second chance! He LOVED torturing and killing those dogs. It takes a very, very, sick, evil, demented person to do what he did to those dogs. I will not watch one football game with this sorry piece of crap of human waste. VICK... GO AWAY!! You do not deserve a second chance! You had plenty of chances for years to stop what you were doing, OH... but you got caught! So, you had to stop and now you say you made a bad decision. You make a bad decision when you invest in the stock market... not torturing dogs.

what

Some of the vilest people in our society started killing animals first. Jeffery Dahmer comes to mind remember he lobotomised his victims and ate their body parts.

Lippy Loo

So the dog murderer is working with the Humane Society to make his wrongs right. I cannot believe the Humane Society would have anything to do with this evil monster. He should not be working with them, he needs to work with a therapist and pick up dog poop!!! And, this is like saying that a convicted Rapist can correct his bad decisions by working with a rape crisis center!