« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Michael Vick

'I Made Bad Decisions'

8/14/2009 1:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The Michael Vick "Please Don't Pelt Me with Objects" tour began today as Vick addressed the press for the first time as a member of the Philadelphia Eagles.

videos

Vick said all the right things -- like "I won't disappoint," "Playing in the NFL is a privilege, not a right," and "You only get one shot at a second chance" -- but he's still got a long way to go to win over the fans of Philly.

Remember, these are the same people that booed Santa Claus.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

I Will Take Being Born White Any Day - Thats Worth Much More To Me, #6

I hope the Eagles fold over this. Who the hell would want that kind of bad publicity?

Well

Lori the Dog lover.

Where do I call to boycott the Steelers for employing a RAPIST? Hmmm. WHy don't you have those numbers Bi*CH?

Nichole

Damn, TMZ. You've got us Philadlephians pegged! Your last sentence made me laugh out loud in my cubicle. My friends and family are not happy about this decision.

John Galt for President 2012

The only people defending Vick are inner city hoods who think dog fighting and abuse is legiitimate sport. If Vick is truly sorry let him earn a living working in a pet shelter caring for abused fighting dogs who often end up there once they are too badly mauled - at least the ones that arent taken out and shot or electrocuted.

HumanNature

NO AMERICAN MALE GOING TO BOYCOTT NOBODY, ESPECIALLY THE NFL ON CABLE!!!!!

WHAT ARE THEY GOING TO WATCH ON SUNDAY AND MONDAY WHILE DRINKING PEPSI AND EATING DUNKIN DONUTS????

PRESEASON STARTS SOON!!!

GO MICHAEL VICK AND EAGLES!!!!!!

HumanNature

ALL EAGLES AND FOOTBALL FANS ARE WELCOME TO MY HOUSE TO WATCH FOOTBALL, EAT, DRINK AND BE F@CKING MERRY!!!!

GO VICK AND LET'S PLAY SOME FOOTBALL!!!!!

M.T.

I AGREE with John Galt for President 2012...Vick needs to work in a shelter and really see what these animals go through. I think the ones that die are the lucky ones.

Lippy Loo

The only Eagle Mr. Vick the Sick Convicted Dog Murderer should be doing is SPREAD EAGLE IN PRISON! He should not be allowed to be on any team or have his ugly murdering mug shown on TV. This piece of crap is just sorry he got caught, he does not know remorse or pity! The old saying goes "you treat animals like that, it shows how you treat your kids"!!!

Becky

can we get a boycot going on the Eagles. He should still be locked up the dogs cannot fight for justice

doc murry

so what they are only dogs ,,they dont feel pain and actually they like to fight and to them its a sport and they are having fun,,cant you see how happy fighting dogs look..i bet he still has dog fights but now he will be careful people its only a dog ,,no big deal ,they are like ants ,,they dont feel pain and they like to fight

Pamela

Considering his crimes and ignorance, I think it's very disappointing that the Eagles hired him. I could care less about football, but when you have the power to make a statement you should use it. If Mr. Vick wants to "learn" from his mistakes he should take the time to work at a shelter or in rescue. He did serve his time in jail, but in the court of public opinion he will always be that "douchebag that killed dogs!" I hope he has a horrible season and the Eagles should be ashamed of themselves!

Lippy Loo

WTF!!!! He made bad decisions???? This makes me want to puke! You don't wake up one day and make a decision to have dog fights and then torture and kill them!!! He planned this and knew exactly what he was doing and he ENJOYED IT!!!

Instead he should be saying " I am sorry for the despicable, disgusting, grotesque, and heinous acts I committed on these poor dogs, that did nothing to deserve it!!! This monster does not deserve a second chance. I pray and hope to GOD that people never forget what this cowardly rat bastard did to those dogs!

doc murry

the same morons on here commenting about the stupid dogs have got to be the same mj fanatics......hmmm lets see are you so worried about cows everytime you take a bite of a big mac or whopper..look how cattle are treated,,those dogs were living the good life comapred to cows who are salughtered just so u meat eaters can get fatter..have you ever seen them attach a chain to a sick cow and drag it screaming into the slaughter house and then drive a ram into its head and sometimes that does not kill them and they are butchered alive..so next time to wannabe dog lovers cry about michael vick ,,take a good look in the mirror and try and block out how a cow screams as it is being murdered so it can show up on your dinner table,,hope u feel real good about yourself..go have a heart attack

VeiledProphet

And the things they do to women is just as bad. They treat them like property and constantly get away with beating the ever loving sh!t out of them and raping them. It's constant. It happens more than you know. I knew a woman years ago whose daughter got involved with a Chief's player and couldn't get away from him for anything. He and his teammates stalked her, harassed her, etc. Stuff like that happens ALL the time and you never hear about it.
________________
Anybody remember Jim Hart or Roger Staubach and the like? It's black athletes who do this. And since the War of Northern Aggression (I refuse to call it the civil war because look how uncivilized they are), they have been playing games for a living, singing non-music or else waiting for a handout. It's not the color, it's the character.

tess

I'm a lifelong Eagles fan, and STILL AM. He did his time, he deserves a second chance. Too bad all the other teams were too cowardly to give him a chance - they must not have very loyal fans! Real character acknowledges remorse and reconciliation and guide those who have lost their way. I pray that Vick is sincere, and I believe the Eagles fans will welcome him in the City of Brotherly Love, and help their brother put his life back on track. And, he will be a great asset to the team. Looking forward to a great season! GO EAGLES!!!