« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Michael Vick

'I Made Bad Decisions'

8/14/2009 1:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The Michael Vick "Please Don't Pelt Me with Objects" tour began today as Vick addressed the press for the first time as a member of the Philadelphia Eagles.

videos

Vick said all the right things -- like "I won't disappoint," "Playing in the NFL is a privilege, not a right," and "You only get one shot at a second chance" -- but he's still got a long way to go to win over the fans of Philly.

Remember, these are the same people that booed Santa Claus.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

MojoCeltica

I contacted the team at http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/fanzone/contactus.asp and this is what I said:

I intend to boycott both the team and all the team's sponsors. The NFL has become a haven for convicted felons. Michael Vick is only the most recent example. Vick is a sick and depraved individual that has proven himself capable of monstrous, unthinkable acts of cruelty. What in Hell were you thinking?

Well

Justice Lover,

You are right. I confused her with the other Manson nitwits. I made a mistake.

Oh MY!! I am admitting my mistake. Should I give up my job and loose my everything to make up for it?

No and neither will he. He is back making money and there is nothing anyone can do about it. If they went out on a limb to do the right thing, they aren't concerned with you hypocritical losers anyway.

Whatajoke

LOL.....you were NEVER a butcher BUTCHER BOB posting a comment like "the pigs know they are going to meet there maker".........."It's horrible I tell you, they scream and scream"..........give me a friggin break........lol

Inhumane treatment of dogs is unacceptable. We must treat animals better! Especially, don't hang or electrocute your pets! What is wrong with you people! Try not to beat your dog with your bare hands till it's struggling body stops moving! This is not a good thing for you to do. The next time you look into your dogs eyes today, try not to throw your dog on the ground just to break his bones and then go ahead and put its twitching body on FIRE!

GOD DAMN YOU VICK!

Attorneymom

LEAVE VICK ALONE!!! DAMN.

doc murry

hmm actually they do moron im not a butcher but i have grown up on a farm and you can bet your ass they scream ,,what do u think they do dumbass ,,laugh

the sane & the old

I listened to the video, and i have read many of these comments.

First - did anyone else notice that one of the first words out of Vick's mouth was incorrectly used, like he was trying to sound smarter than he really is like the old damon wayan's character of the righteous 'priest' in jail? (reference to the use of 'my gratification to...' - should have been gratitude idiot!)

Second - what i seem to be reading amongst the comments is a shared feeling of disappointment in our judicial system. Yes, Vick served his time as ordered by the courts, but does that truly serve as justice for the cruelty of Vick's actions? Many suggestions about his cleaning up dung, working in shelters, etc. are all examples of what is called restorative justice. This is where a perpetrator of a crime repays the community through work that counteracts the transgressions perpetrated. Since our prison system isn't that progressive or well thought out, we are stuck with this resentment over the fact that this guy who brutally tortured and killed several animals has 'served his time.' Now, all he has to do is say what his PR teams tells him to, make some very public appearances about the mistreatment of animals and he can go back living on easy street making MILLIONS - more than most people ever seen in their lives. I think it's that last one that really gets people.

Third - the cruelty and lack of respect for life shownh by this persons actions hits a deafening note with most. This trait in particular is indicative of someone that isn't fit for a conventional, civilized society.

Due to this, I think many people agree that this person doesn't deserve to make more money than someone who doesn't brutally kill animals. This person doesn't deserve the recognition and admiration an NFL player receives due to his actions of the past. That said, professional sports unfortunately are not about sportsmanship anymore, nor are they about high morals or adhering to any set of standards. They don't care who you are or what you have done as long as you will keep the sheeple happy in the stands and buying your products during the off season.

This is yet another sign that our end is near

Remember Rome??? They objectified women, put an unbalanced emphasis on beauty and had slaughterings for entertainment, too!

Whatajoke

Now it's FARMER BOB..........LMAO!

Lippy Loo

The dog killer does not deserve a second chance! Why? Because he knew what he was doing, he enjoyed it, he got off on torturing and killing these dogs, and HE COULD HAVE STOPPED AT ANY TIME, BUT HE DIDN'T UNTIL HE GOT CAUGHT! He did this for years and now he said he made a BAD DECISION! UH.... excuse me Vick, you committed atrocities and enjoyed it, this was not a bad decision, very poor choice of words. I am no more an Eagles fan, thanks to this piece of garbage.

doc murry

arf arf....arf ...arf ..arf arf ...arf arf arffff... arf arf .....arf .aaarf..arf ...arf arf(translation)let vick play..we dogs like footbal..arf arf...arf arf arf ...arf we forgive him..arf arf

Whatajoke

I see TMZ now has a current photo of Vick with his tongue hanging out......I once had a PUG DOG that did that. In fact, exactly like that.

doc murry

now its tj dumbass of the year

arf arf arf arf arf arf arf arf arf arfarf arfarf arfarf translation; I don't forgive you Vick for burning my brown and white pit bull body. Why did you do it? For money you burned me while I was still alive.

HumanNature

MojoCeltica

THANK YOU FOR THE LINK!!! THIS IS MY MESSAGE TO THE EAGLES:

AS OF TODAY, I AM A FAN FOR LIFE AND SUPPORT THE EAGLES DECISION TO SIGN MICHAEL VICK.

THANK YOU AND LET'S PLAY SOME FOOTBALL!!!!

SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONSHIP ALL THE WAY!!!!

GO EAGLES!!!

Jaysen

I think it's repulsive that he has been given a second chance. The dogs that lost fights were never given the same chance. The dogs should be released on him. This guy makes me sick.