« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Brett Favre Officially a Viking

8/18/2009 3:09 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Bret FavreTeam officials have confirmed Brett Favre will be playing for the Minnesota Vikings.

The deal is reportedly worth between $10-12 million.

Favre, 39, has scheduled a presser for 6pm EST.

Story not developing ... just getting old...

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Yeddy-Bo

Thank God...... I am a Seahawks fan!!!!!!

FreakHater

Just a bunch of overgrown boys playing Football, a game for pete's sake! Why are they worth that kind of money? I work 6 days a week all year round, where the fug is my millions?? These a-holes play what, for a few months?

jw266

good thing the viking stadium has a roof or bratt favres head would float out of the roof. good grief. ,yawn.

Anti-Twitter

I don't know about the rest of you, but I have lost ALL respect for this damn flip flop king...

The Jackson twenty five

Brett, you are making a fool of yourself. We are so sick of your crying wolf that we just don't care that much anymore. You should have left on a high note, not a pathetic, starving for attention, here I am again note. Enjoy your millions and your retirement already; you've already had a career that most of us will never have, appreciate it and let it go.

Sue

YEAH!!! GO BRETT GO VIKES YEAH!!! THIS IS GOING TO BE THE GREATEST NFL SEASON EVER!!! BRETT AND VICK...VICK AND BRETT!!! BRETT STICK IT TO THE PACK!!! VICK KEEP YOUR HEAD IN THE GAME AND YOU WILL ROCK!!!

Maniacal Zebra

10. This is so sad...he should have played out his steller career in Green Bay...unfortunately the Stooges wouldn't allow it.He WANTED to come back, but these idiots let thier giant egos and small brains interfere.Let's be realistic folks(and all you stupid "fair weather Favre fans, this man is a legend, hold every QB title there is...took us to the last game before the Super Bowl.Who wouldn't want him??Without him, we're just another faceless team. We went down the tubes after he left..and will continue in that fashion.It is BORING watching this team without him, plain ans simple.We love you Brett and miss you(the HONEST and TRUE fans of the Green N gOLD!!

Posted at 3:11PM on Aug 18th 2009 by GB GIRL

Green Bay didn't take him back because he said he was retiring. They wanted an answer before the draft so that they could make the picks that would suit the QB that they knew they would have. Favre preferred the drama and his temper tantrum led him to the Jets. If he had decided not to retire in the first place, the Packers would have kept him and made draft picks accordingly. Favre has no one to blame but himself for no longer being a Packer.

Melissa

Cant wait to have farve back in MR. ROGERS NEIGHBORHOOD!!!!!!!!!!! Wait and see his face when he gets boo'd at Lambeau Feild!!!!!!!!!!

CRAZY IS AS CRAZY DOES

RETIRE OLD MAN, YOU GLORY DAYS ARE OVER. GET THE MENTHOL RUB AND GERITOL READY.... THOSE BONES ARE ALMOST AS OLD AS A TE-REX

gulp2brews

Wait till some moose snaps a few bones and he's done. I can't believe vickings are this desparate to waste that kinda of money on a whim and prayer.

Ryan

This is just getting old i love Brett Favre but even his first comeback to the jets was ridiculous then again he just needs to go home and stay there

Mr. Koch

Whooo Hoooo If The three Stooges in Green Bay - Ted, Mark, and Mike wouldnt let him play, I say Let him play! Brett Favre is the Best QB to play the game, just check the statts!! I mean C'Mon! He can play, he has a real desire and love for football. As far as the "back and forth retire, un-retire, like brett said - ask the Media! they feed the heads of the un-willing, and those who cannot speak for themselves. If Ted Thompson didnt have ONE clue Favre may reconcider his first retirement, GB needs more than a new GM - Fire them all! and take Aaron Rodgers with them! Golden boy my ass! Think about it!.
I wish Brett the best of luck, and only hope I get a chance to see the man play the game he loves SOO much!! Mabe Harvey will take me to a game! Lve TMZ Harv. Go Brett Go !! Go Vikings! A Favre fan 4 ever! Mr. Koch. Whitewater, Wi.

Tammy

I'm a Vikings fan and I can't stand Favre but I'm really looking forward to the Vikings kicking the Packers ass with Favre as their quarterback!

UGGGGHHH

FAVRE, YOU ARE NOTHING BUT AN OLD GOAT..

Here 4 Beer