Michael Jackson -- Burial Announced

8/18/2009 11:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Jackson The spokesman for the Jackson family says Michael Jackson will be laid to rest at Holly Terrace in the Great Mausoleum at Glendale Forest Lawn Memorial Park on Saturday, August 29 at 10 AM. That would have been Michael's 51st birthday.

The ceremony will be limited to family and close friends.

Story developing...

Maryl

I dont know if you all know but within Forest Lawn-Especially the Glendale cemetery, they actually DON'T allow people to star search for graves...Stars like Clark Gable, Spencer Tracy, and Jean Harlow are also in the Mausoleum areas of Forest Lawn Glendale and they DO close off areas in these areas so people will not bother the graves..

Great Place for privacy, but may be bad in the case of fans who will want to see MJ-because people may not have the chance...

Kakyjasper

So they had to wait to bury him on his birthday? And finally for once Joe Jackson got it right He is still a sorry excuse for a father though.

janalal4

THAT'S RIGHT SCRAPYARD...ONE PERSON IN A BILLION. AND SO ARE YOU SO MAYBE NOBODY SHOULD GIVE A DAMN ABOUT YOU EITHER, RIGHT?

Nicole

Please sign the Michael Jackson Petition Nobel peace prize award. Google it.

Lori

25. HEY RIP CAT!! You don'td1f2d
get it yet? Nothing means anything to these people but MONEY,MONEY,MONEY!!!

Posted at 10:38AM on Aug 18th 2009 by janalal4
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Actually, I totally get that. But you can be a greedy Jehovah's Witness, and still adhere to their ridiculous doctrine.

PS..No offense to all you crazy a$$ Jehovah's Witnesses out there.

Duh

So they are cremating him??? I've been to that cemetery numerous times and The Great Masaleum I thought it's for cremated internments-unless they have areas for crypts. And no, #2 it is more than likely not gonna be accesable. The Great Masaeleum is notoriously known for many celebrity final resting places, many which are not accesable to the public. Either that, or they always have someone walking around and will escort you out if they see you lottering or appear to be looking for a celebrity. She's know as 'nazi Joan' there.

Em

Well, it is now to become a final reality to some. It likely isn't the end; it will be interesting to see if this is his final resting place. My heart goes out to Michael's children but this will be yet another stepping stone to their healing. This is such a sad time; I hope his death is not in vain and that his family and so-called "friends" learn from this tragedy and that justice is served to those in the medical field that knowingly enabled him. Unfortunately greed and opportunity will sometimes prevail. I push aside the nonsense he had to endure (and continues) and will remember him as the humanitarian, artist, father and the man Michael Jackson was and is. He lives on.

DingDong DingDong

My God put the poor guy to rest.

crazii

I still think this sick,I saw this yesterday and I was so grossed out.It didnt bother me much because it was Joe saying it so I thought this might not really be true but it turns out it is.Who the hell would want to be buried on their birthday?Why didnt they bury him a month or so ago.This is sick,real sick!I'm praying for this family.

raLU

I don't understand why you say the family is after money.. I think Katherine loved Michael more than anyone else on the planet. She's very heart broken and she wants justice for her son, I support her in every decision she makes. I'm sure Michael's kids love her dearly.

MJ number#1 fan

My Birthday is 8/29 also.

Lori

Posted at 10:48AM on Aug 18th 2009 by soCal
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It scares me that you know that.

sue

people are not going to be able to see mj anyway no matter where he is laid to rest..just a headstone.. he needs the respect from the public and his fans to let him rest in peace, and we remember the awesome person that he truly was inside and out!!!! that will never change he will always live on in our hearts..

Missy1555

Here's a video of the resting places of a few stars of old, at the Great Mausoleum: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsCpSneUEJM .

I've never been there; from what I've been reading these last few minutes, it sounds like the place is huge, with many levels, wings, etc. And I certainly don't know whether MJ will be interred in anything like these crypts, but it's interesting, anyway. And definitely spooky, IMO.

janalal4

RIP CAT!! Ha!!! Yes, you do have a point there. And yes RALU, I do think she loved him very much but every move she has made makes me think she loves money more. The judge is even fed up with her already(see judges comments in artice on the merchandising hearing).