Michael Jackson -- Burial Announced

8/18/2009 11:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Jackson The spokesman for the Jackson family says Michael Jackson will be laid to rest at Holly Terrace in the Great Mausoleum at Glendale Forest Lawn Memorial Park on Saturday, August 29 at 10 AM. That would have been Michael's 51st birthday.

The ceremony will be limited to family and close friends.

Story developing...

mellow

If you have been reading here much Joe came out already and stated this so he called them out and they had to respond. It is not like they can shop for toilet paper without it being in the news so how in the hell were all the jacksons and friends going to drive to forest lawn and have a quiet burial?

epsalo

What the heck? There was no password within my comfirmation email. How am I suppose to continue commenting??? Anyway if this one get's through I'd just like to say that I am still missing me some Michael Joseph Jackson and I watch Youtube and think about him everyday. He was such a beautiful person inside and out and my heart and prayers go out to his family, friends and numerous fans around the world. I'm glad his body is finally going to be laid to rest. However I rejoice in the fact that his soul will live on forever.

A.B.

Oh, this is so sad, that his era is finally over. He'll live on in a hundred youtube clips, the movie and the albums, and his music is timeless - we know that now. But he's not around anymore. After some point in time on the 24th or 25th of June he hasn't seen, heard or thought anything, he's just gone. And we are left to fill the void on our own, and we just have to do that. Let's just try to be good people and pick up the legacy he left. He never wanted to break hearts, so don't let this break yours.

Cali MJ Fan

lol @ Etta James singing!

Isn't Ken Sunshine (s/b renamed to Blowing Sunshine)... still the Jackson spokesperson/PR Firm? I know he is said to be highly respected and experienced but honestly his public speaking skills have much to be desired.

The report *here* is the burial on the 29th. Perhaps the other place got it wrong about this Saturday. (Or maybe this is another "throw it out and see what sticks, change the rest... then throw it out again before a final decision is made)??

lankandiva

IM NOT TO SURE ABOUT MJ BEING BURIED ON HIS BIRTHDAY..WHY CANT THEY DO IT ON 25TH AUGUST HIS 2 MONTH DEATH ANNIVERSARY?MJ ENJOYED CELEBRATING HIS BIRTHDAY AND TO ME BURYING HIM ON HIS BIRTHDAY IS LIKE HIM DIEING ALL OVER AGAIN..IS IT BECAUSE SOME OF THE FAMILY ARE JW THEY ARE PURPOSELY DOING IT BECAUSE THEY DON'T BELIEVE IN BIRTHDAYS??ITS JUST TO MUCH FOR ME TO TAKE IN..MAYBE THE KIDS WANTED IT I DON'T KNOW..

Cali MJ Fan

@Marsha - There are 2 tabs when you enter your comment-- New Readers and Returning. Click returning. Go to the very bottom of the email-- your password should be on the last line.

It's been jumbled up the last day or so... so we'll see if this one posts.

crush64

i can't believe some of you lot on here, for weeks now its been said..."when will they bury him" .... "where will they bury him"..."its about time he was buried"...
now the Jacksons have released a statement telling us all what we have wanted to know you lot are saying "what a disgrace"... "if they want it to be private why tell us"..
if they went and had Michaels funeral in total privacy (hard thing to do IMO) then that would also be wrong.
just respect their wishes and be happy that its finally happening.
sleep peacefully Michael

MJ WAS A JUNKIE

62. Is he being buried in the pedophile section or in the junkies' section?

Posted at 11:10AM on Aug 18th 2009 by Just asking

ROTFLMAO

Lori

Posted at 11:50AM on Aug 18th 2009 by Lisa
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I don't know about anyone else, but I personally don't believe a quarter of the crap that comes out of Joe Jackson's mouth. He's been proven a liar again and again. When I heard it, I thought it was BS.

susan

90. 75. Let's recap....the family is afraid for security of his body, so they put out an official statement with the location of where his body will be buried. It's a private service for family and friends...so they put out an official statement stating the time, day and location....this family never ceases to amaze....they want a circus and the publicity. by Susan

Posted at 11:50AM on Aug 18th 2009 by Lisa

---------------------------

Oh please....give me a break. They pick a date, that just happens to be his birthday, and fall on a saturday when most of the public is off from work, and then announce all the details and give the public loons over a week and a half to make plans to be there on their day off? They could have just gotten in their cars on the 29th at 9am and drove there. The only ones who would have followed them were the paps, and the public wouldn't have had time to turn up. They WANT a circus at his burial. You'll see the footage pop up in some money making project.

jd

jd

jd

Cali MJ Fan

According to LA Times, here is the public statement (notice the line about the media)...guess I know what I'll be doing on the 29th at 10am PDT

"Michael Jackson will be laid to rest at Holly Terrace in The Great Mausoleum at Glendale Forest Lawn Memorial Park in Glendale, CA on Saturday, August 29, 2009, at 10:00 AM PST, on what would have been his 51st birthday.The private ceremony will be limited to family and close friends. There will be accommodations for the media nearby.

The Jackson family once again wishes to express its gratitude to Michael's fans around the world for their support during these difficult times."

GAB

DO NOT WEEP

Do not stand at my grave and weep;
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.

When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there, I did not die.

--- Author Unknown