Shadows of the Night

8/18/2009 2:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The 84-year-old resurfaced at some event in New Jersey this weekend, looking unperturbed.

Jonathan Frid

During WWll, Frid was a seamen in the Canadian Navy.

On his official website, Jonathan sells autographed photos of himself for $25 (shipping included).

Jim

I think Mr. Frid looks fantastic for his age! It's unfortunate that many people don't know the tremendous impact he had on millions of viewers. The word "iconic" truly applies to his portrayal of the almost 200 year old vampire Barnabas Collins on Dark Shadows. I can't wait to see Johnny Depp play Barnabas Collins in Tim Burton's directed new Dark Shadows movie.

YLG

I use to come home from shcool to my mom watching Dark Shadows. He scared the bejeebus out of me. Glad to see he is doing well.

Gina

Loved dark shadows and he was an awsome Vampire. And I can just emagine Johnny Depp as a vampire. OOOOHHHH he can bite me.

TOGO

I loved the show and was inlove with Barnabas at it's running years. I hope that it comes back on cable,

Jerry

Be careful of the $25 photo offer. The guy who runs the website, Mark Lawrence, from Canada, has not responded to a query from Paypal regarding the purchase of one said "autographed photo". All he's gotta do is say they've been busy (he and Frid), but ignoring a transaction is not a good thing. Jon does look excellent, however!

LongJohn69

By the looks of that mouthpiece, I think they caught Barnabas in the middle of selling "Time Shares" over the phone.

Jaded1

Went to Catholic School and the nuns strictly forbade us watching Dark Shadows. So of course, we all literealy ran home after school to watch it as all others had said. I wanted to be Anjelique! Whatever happened to Quentin? Now he was creepy!

maggy

I loved Dark Shadows what a great show they need to bring it back in reruns I WOULD WATCH IT!!!!

kr4prez

Like everyone else, I loved this show, lived for this show, recorded this show when it was on SciFi. Jonathan Frid rules. Who didn't want to be Angelique?!

Sue

Well, at least he's finally aging!! Loved him, loved the show. Can't get enough and can't wait for the movie! Love you JF!

TfromT

I am 46 years old and remember watching this show and General Hospital with my grandmother,( her favorite characters where Dr. Hardy and nurse Jessie on GH) during my summer visits...Talking about dating myself.

Biff Pocoroba

Nice to see Barnabis Collins works for NASA.

Maybe he helped fake the moon landing by biting Sally Ride's ass.

Lionel Joeshp

Does he still have an agent ? Is it just me or could he get a guest shot or worked into True Blood ? The Soprano's sure pulled that off ?

Interracial facial

Barnabus was the man. Back in the day, monster roles like his were filled with ugly real people and not sissy boys like in Twilight.

Karen

Not trying to kill this man off, but daammmmn I thought this man was resting in his real coffin. I used to watch Dark Shadows everyday after school back in the 60's. It used to come on after 3:00 p.m. Wow!!! he really looks good. I guess all that biting paid off.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments