Shadows of the Night

8/18/2009 2:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The 84-year-old resurfaced at some event in New Jersey this weekend, looking unperturbed.

Jonathan Frid

During WWll, Frid was a seamen in the Canadian Navy.

On his official website, Jonathan sells autographed photos of himself for $25 (shipping included).

Esmeralda

Mr. Frid was "miked up" for a reading he was giving at the annual DARK SHADOWS FESTIVAL in New Jersey. He was very pleasant and interacted with the fans. Now how about showing a picture of Mr. Evil himself, Rev. Trask - Jerry Lacy. He was always my favorite on the show....the man you loved to hate.

dmcgee

This was the All-Time best show around! It seems like all of us had to RUN home and watch. Trust me, if I had any chance of doing something that was going to earn me a detention after school, I thought about Dark Shadows, and the fear of missing it, and I kept myself in line! LOL! Remember, there was no TIVO, VCR, or DVR's back then. THIS WAS THE BLUEPRINT FOR ANY VAMPIRE SHOW/MOVIE OUT TODAY! Jonathan looks FANTASTIC! Kudos to you! Thanks for the memories!

fay

I used to watch that Soap Oprea Dark Shadows and as a kid it scared the hell out of me! I can remember Kate Jackson being on there too - uh ohhh, showin my old age! Well, at least I'm still here!

Twinker

I'm yet another kid who ran home from school and still have the scar on my forehead after 40 years or so to prove it.

That was one heck of a good show. My ex hubsand is still friends with Alexandra Moltke-Isles and went every day to to the trial of Claus von Bulow. Thanks for this tmz but dang, now I'm gonna have to sleep with the door open and a night lite.

Barnabas rocks.. and I hope Johnny Depp "rises" to the occassion! LOL! I also thought Ben Cross was a great Barnabas also.

stalkers are scum

Well, I've wondered what he looked like for years... Be careful what you wish for.

ONALEE

LOVED ~ QUENTINS THEME~ !!!!!!!! YUM !!~~~~~~

ONALEE

Both theatrical films, House of Dark Shadows (1970) and Night of Dark Shadows (1971) were shot primarily on location at the Lyndhurst estate in Tarrytown, New York. The Collinwood stand-in mansion used for the TV series is the Carey Mansion in Newport, Rhode Island (though the shots in the opening credits of the water and cliffs were done in Kennebunkport, Maine). It is currently used by Salve Regina University. The Lockwood-Mathews Mansion in South Norwalk, Connecticut was also used for some scenes in House of Dark Shadows. Some outdoors shots for the series were filmed in the famous Sleepy Hollow Cemetery, not very far from the Lyndhurst Mansion.

ONALEE

JohnnyDepp had a childhood obsession with Dark Shadows, calling it a "childhood dream" to portray Barnabas Collins. Johnny with his Infinitum Nihil production company and Tim Burton will film the remake in London late 2009.

Jezzy- # 4, Limahl then and now can be seen on Google Images... Jaded 1, Lara Parker, who played Angelique can also be seen there. Lara Parker's novel Angelique's Descent. In 2008, audiobook

Ashton

Jonathan Frid as Barnabas Collins, man that was one of the coolest horror movie back in da days along with Christopher Lee as Dracula. Barnabas use to the scare the heck out of me and in those days black & white tv was pretty vivid. He use to have Willie bring him victims. I love each and every episode. Thanks for the memories................

Jennifer Bouldack

"This isn't wine...it's BLOOD!"

Yes, I remember Dark Shadows. I was under eight-years-old, but I remember it well enough to remember some of the lines!

ggame

Best vampire ever. Only person I ever wrote a fan letter to. He sent me an autographed pic. Think a Dark Shadows movie is in the works....

David

Jonathan Frid and Dark Shadows were great.
Long before Nick Knight and Angel there was Barnabas Collins, the love sick and guilt ridden vampire.
Watching Dark Shadows was like having Halloween five days a week.
Remember Alex Stevens as the Werewolf; very scary close ups AND the shows' music scores sent chills through everyone. I used to play the soundtracks at all the Halloween partys. The DS conventions are more like family reunions now; it's so fan friendly; great times.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3