Kelis -- Nas Makes a Friggin' Fortune

8/20/2009 6:59 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Kelis -- Nas There's a bottom line to the divorce between Kelis and Nas, and it's money, money, money.

According to docs filed by Kelis' lawyer, disso queen Laura Wasser, the financial wizards have reviewed the earning of both parties to the divorce, and they've come to these conclusions.

-- Nas pulls in $244,826 a month
-- Kelis rakes in a relatively paltry $13,744 a month
-- Kelis should get child support totaling $17,225 a month
-- Kelis should get spousal support totaling $72,728
-- Nas should pay retro child support totaling $29,522
-- Nas should pay retro spousal support totaling $281,571

scott is yummy.

Of course she needs more then $13,000 to take care of herself and a baby.

How will she buy all her clothes,cars,jewellery,weaves, and fake nails????

Don't you remember such classics as "I hate you so much" and "milkshake"??? Such talent!! She is a hiphop legend! She deserves every single hard earned penny of na..er...hers!!

Pat on the back girl, you deserve every penny of na..er yours.

*bites tongue and tries not to snicker*

Sarah

In reply to #12 -

Wow, somebody sure took my posting personally!

"a child is entitled? wtf are you smoking? noone is entitled to crap. you want it earn it." Seriously, if this is the way you feel, please don't ever procreate. Of course the child is entitled to daddy's money and support!!!! This isn't just my opinion you moron, this is law. You are a loser if you really think a man doesn't need to own up and take care of his kid.

If men don't want to have to pay support out of the ying-yang then they need not be sleeping around and making babies left and right. Once you make a baby, you need to be a MAN and support it. He is such a punk he didn't even help her with medical bills while she was carrying his baby. What a winner.

Damn, you are retarded. Really, really retarded.

yumi

I would love to make 13,744.00 a month, sorry if you can't survive on this, there is something wrong

Homie1Kanobe

Mo-Money, Mo-Money,Mo-Money

maryann1204

greedy bitch! i don't have to work another day for 18 yrs with $13,000 coming in every month. me and my husband bring in way less than that a month with 2 kids and we are doing okay.

star p

Kelis is BEAT! What the hell was Nas thinking?

dreamoftheangels

Ummm....it's not about her "not surviving on $13k a month". It's about NAS PAYING FOR HIS CHILD. Child support has nothing to do with whether the mother can afford to live on her own income. I don't care if Kelis made $10 million dollars a month, Nas will still need to financially help care for HIS KID.

Everyone who thinks Kelis is out of line asking for child support is obviously living in some other planet....

If you make a child, you help care for and raise that child.

L

I know where she's coming from. It is SO difficult to get by on 13 grand a month. *gag*

maryann1204

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU #12 SARAH IS STUPID. her comment was totally freaking ignorant. i got pissed off reading it.

maryann1204

sarah is stupid! IDIOT! ITS WOMEN LIKE YOU WHO GIVE US A BAD NAME!

scott is yummy.

Please people,

Think of the CHILDREN!

How ever will she come up with the money to pay for nannies while she's out on a shopping spree with all his hard earned $$$$???

Sarah

maryann1204 -

I don't get it....I'm an idiot for thinking that a man needs to pay child support to care for his kid? Okkkkayyyyy then. I guess if you ever have a baby, then you wouldn't expect your ex to help you out? This isn't about my opinion on child support, sweetie....this is the law. A guy is legally required to give the mom money every month to take care of the kid. The court uses a formula so if that's what the lawyer is asking for, I'm assuming she is pretty familiar with what she believes the court will find fair...

I also think it's funny that everyone is saying how she makes so much money each month that she should be able to pay for everything. Uh huh, well he makes waaayyyy more then she does so he should be okay making his payments.

You are really a dumb little girl.

j

Sarah I can just imagine your morals. Sleeping around????? With his wife????? You honestly think she is entitled? His creativity and talents earned that money. All she did was lay on her back to share in his fortune. I am all for making sure the kid is ok, but why does some person deserve spousal support when they make nearly 14k per month? Grow up. Didn't she run out on him when she was nearly 9 mo. pregnant? Who does that? He is the punk?

scott is yummy.

She's a no talent witch
if she was half as talented as him she wouldn't need to ask for so much...but she needs to, because she's has no talent and therefore brings no $$$ in.. nas is and always will be way more of a success then her. She should give up the industry all together, never work again, and just stick to what she's good at...being a gold digger.

maryann1204

FIRST OF ALL SARAH, I AM A GROWN ASS WOMAN WITH 2 KIDS! AND IF THEIR DAD WALKED OUT ON ME TODAY, I WOULD BEABLE TO MAKE IT ON MY OWN BECAUSE I DEPEND ON NO MAN!! I DEPEND ON MYSELF! YES, NAS SHOULD PAY CHILD SUPPORT. BUT KELIS IS JUST BEING GREEDY! SHE SHOULD BE HAPPY WITH $13,000, AND SHES WANT $72K. WTF!! ARE YOU SERIOUS! YOU MUST'VE DONE THE SAME THING, THATS WHY YOU THINK ITS OKAY.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments