Michael Jackson Burial Postponed, Daddy Says

8/20/2009 3:36 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Jackson's burial is being postponed two days, according to his dad.

Joe Jackson & Michael Jackson

Joe Jackson tells TMZ the burial has been pushed to August 31, because there are things the family needs to get in order before Michael is laid to rest.

Jackson was scheduled to be buried on August 29, what would have been his 51st birthday.

Story developing...

Dixie

For crying out loud lay the man to rest! It's sad that even in death there is no peace for MJ!

Lori

Alrighty then. A better choice than his birthday. The Jackson's are such a pain in the a$$.

Christy

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!

sensible grandma

This is the 3rd time I am trying to comment on this item. Your website sucks. Bury him. He's not coming back, no matter how long you wait.

PS: fix your website. It stinks.

MJ's PYT

Say it ain't so. What the hell is going on here? Michael
will never get the rest he deserved.His family is OFF. I

whocares

How much longer do they need? I agree with the person who said if the family kept it quiet it wouldn't cost as much. Perhaps they are trying to figure out how AEG can film the event and then throw it in the movie... you know make a profit.

ladybuttercup

honestly over 2 months and he cannot be at peace?? wtf is wrong with people! Death and saying good bye are hard yes i know from experiece but you have to let go and say goodbye. Memories will last forever. He's not in that body anymore let it just rest .

RIP MJ

just sayin

tmz i know you feel the need to give us mj news daily since he makes you a lot of money, but please make it news worthy, i'm tired of hating on the jacksons already

lovemichaelforever

please quit announcing this. the dragging out is torture for me-how are his children handling this? Lay him to rest. It's bad enough we have to endure the possibility of criminal charges in his death-please end one chapter before another begins. It's bad enough we are cut off from the final resting place-you keep dangling that in our face by announcing this. My respect for the family decision making abilities is waning. Please take care of those kids.

Tim

I don't believe him.
I would show up at the location and if the police say anything, just say you didn't go for the funeral because it was delayed.
Then you can't get in trouble.

SUSIE

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!MICHAEL IS NOT DEAD,IT'S ALL A WELL-PLANNED HOAX

TONI

Interesting.
I hope it doesnt go on for 6 months like it did JAMES BROWN!

Love Michael Forever

LakersFan

Joe Jackson's eyes in this pic remind me of Paris. I see a slight similarity.

Celeste

Wow!. The King of Pop needs to rest. Are they possibly going to make arrests first? Soon and Very Soon you are going to see the King! Soon and Very Soon you are going to see the King! Alleluiah! Alleluiah! MJ you are going to see the King!. Little while longer Michael.

ewwwwwwwwwww

I'm beginning to think ALL the Jackson clan are WACK jobs!!! No wonder MJ wanted nothing to do with them! I MISS YOU MJ AND I LOVE YOU! THE WORLD IS STILL BROKEN OF YOUR DEATH! :(