Michael Jackson AEG Hearing

8/21/2009 8:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael JacksonSeveral witnesses expected to take the stand today as lawyers for Michael Jackson's estate -- as well as lawyers for Katherine Jackson and Michael's kids -- give testimony about the proposed deal with AEG about a Jackson memorabilia tour.

***KEEP REFRESHING FOR THE LATEST***

UPDATE 7:21 PM ET
-- The petition has been approved!!! The AEG deal is done, the memorabilia tour will happen. Finally. The three-city tour could earn as much as $6 million for the estate.

UPDATE 7:20 PM ET -- An attorney for Katherine wants more protections in the agreement to protect the estate and Michael's legacy.

UPDATE 7:14 PM ET -- The attorney for Michael's kids is in favor of the AEG deal.

UPDATE 7:07 PM ET -- And we're back!

UPDATE 5:50 PM ET -- The court has been closed again as one of the senior lawyers for AEG has taken the stand. Outside of court, Taj told reporters the family is more interested in protecting Michael's legacy than in making money. He also told Taj that he planned to do film after the London tour.

UPDATE 5:16 PM ET -- And we're back!!! Tito's son Taj is set to take the stand.

UPDATE 4:50 PM ET -- Court is back in session -- but still closed to the media. But it should be opened back up after the current witness is done.

UPDATE 3:20 PM ET -- John Branca has finished testifying via phone and they've adjourned for lunch. Testimony will begin again in about an hour -- but it is unclear whether the judge will re-open the court. Stay tuned.

UPDATE 1:51 PM ET -- Waiting patiently ...

UPDATE 1:26 PM ET -- The judge will re-open the courtroom after John Branca testifies via phone.

UPDATE 1:21 PM ET -- It happened -- the judge closed the courtroom.

UPDATE 1:15 PM ET -- Tito Jackson's oldest son Taj is in the courtroom.

UPDATE 1:10 PM ET -- The judge is considering closing the courtroom because confidential documents will be discussed.

UPDATE 1:06 PM ET -- AEG is upset because Leonard Rowe, who was expected to testify as an expert witness for Katherine, will not testify -- but he was shown confidential documents as part of disclosure. AEG's lawyers also say those docs have not been returned.

UPDATE 1:00 PM ET -- Change of plans already -- Randy Jackson will not be called as a witness, according to an attorney for the estate.

UPDATE 12:58 PM ET -- Lawyers for all sides -- AEG, the co-administrators, Katherine Jackson and Michael Jackson's kids -- are all in place.

Michael jackson Launch photos

donise121

I continue to believe that the position that Katherine is taking is based on the bad advice she is getting from Londell McMoney. He is a partner in a high-profile law firm. Partners are supposed to bring in "big" clients along which come very big fees. The executors of this estate will earn millions for themselves and their law firms forever. I think this whole thing is being postured for the agenda of Londell McMoney.

It goes without saying that Michael is truly worth so much more in death than he was alive. I do believe that MJ will top the Forbes list of highest earning dead celebrity for the calendar year 2009 when the list is published next year. Elvis has held that position for a long time.

HumanNature

BrancaFan2

I read the same Rolling Stone article "Battle Over Jackson Estate Heats Up"!!!

Did you know that Frank Delio was appointed to the Sony/ATV board???

Suspicious!!!

ME

UPDATE 7:21 PM ET -- The petition has been approved!!! The AEG deal is done, the memorabilia tour will happen. Finally.
------------------------------
WAY TO GO AEG

Cali MJ Fan

______________________________________________________________

YAY!!!! ::does another happy dance:: GO TEAM BRANCA GO!!!

BrancaFan2

240. FACINGREALITY Right on! I have devoured so much information about Michael these past two months and if one thing is crystal clear, he was sick and tired of being the cash cow for the family. I think he respected them, but I do not think he felt loved by or for them. There are too many instances of Michael distancing himself from his family and gaining confidence in people who seemed to genuinely care for him.

Posted at 7:20PM on Aug 21st 2009 by disfasia
======
Other than Thome, in all of your reading, did you find out who were all of the other enablers (pimps) around Michael until the new team took over? These are the people Branca did not like and caused him to leave Michael in 2006? They need to be held accountable as well.

Thanks.

Me

So at 7:20 Katherine wants more protections, and at 7:21 we're done.

That would be a big "denied" from the Judge, eh?

murdarrrerrrr

Some of the comments made here are absolutely disgusting. Do you guys have any friends? Since your ability to judge people you don't even know is so intense, I don't understand how you could possibly be able to tolerate other people.

Most of you critics make the claim to be a MJ fan. I'm not sure how I can understand that you dislike his mom. He loved his mom, dearly. She was one of the most important people to him in his whole life, and one of the only family members he trusted. He said that time and again, and showed you guys. It's one of the few concrete things the MSM and public GOT to see about him.

So how dare any of you insuate that Katherine is a bad mother. Katherine is not a failure of a mother. She does not control how a few of her money grubbing children use their time and resources. She does not control how her husband uses his time and resources. But she loves them dearly. All of them, including HER DEAD SON, MJ.

Something you sick, judgemental people seem to forget: HE was HER son. She is not some twisted woman seeking custody of his children, or a FAN (like you). She knows her son better then you, and it hurts a helluva lot more for her that she lost him.

Yeah, she may have bad advisors. That's not her, nor does it reflect on her nature.

barb

Give me a break, money, money, money is the bottom line again. Poor Michael, at least he's not here to see this circus. LuvUMike

Posted at 7:01PM on Aug 21st 2009 by StrangerinMoscow

He knew his family well, he wouldn't be a bit surprised.

Tray

I'm glad this judge is allowing the executors to do their job. But rest assured that McMillion will go back to the drawing board and try to come up with something else.

HenryJ

"An attorney for Katherine wants more protections in the agreement to protect the estate and Michael's legacy."

what was Mcmillan contesting?

donise121

YEAH - - TEAM BRANCA!!! VICTORY.

BrancaFan2

244. BrancaFan2

I read the same Rolling Stone article "Battle Over Jackson Estate Heats Up"!!!

Did you know that Frank Delio was appointed to the Sony/ATV board???

Suspicious!!!

Posted at 7:26PM on Aug 21st 2009 by HumanNature
----

Hey Nature. I looked on the Sony/ATV website and couldn't find it. Could you point me to the exact page?

There's so many red herrings, transparent herrings, no herrings and opaque herrings that I don't know what or who to suspect. I'm just shaking my head with my hands up in the air. Too many suspects, not enough information.

Thanks!

facingrealit

237. Facing Reality - hmmm, good points. Having recently researched doing up a Will for myself (which, trust me, will be waaaaaay easier than Michael's! LOL!), it is advised to have someone outside the family to be an Executor who is well-versed in legal matters (i.e., lawyer, trust company, etc.) so it doesn't surprise me that any of his family members were excluded from that duty. As far as not knowing about his will, well, in my parents case, they have never asked, I have never told - I'm assuming they believe they will be long gone before I leave this world (I'm 50 years old) - and I am totally close to both of my parents. I'm also not 100% convinced that Michael thought his mother would contest the will, I doubt he thought she'd still be alive at the time of his death. It's all very convoluted, twisted and way out of my league. But it all makes for great speculation and wonder!

Posted at 7:16PM on Aug 21st 2009 by Marv

==============================================================
Marv - he left his mother as the guardian of his children so he did understand that he could die before her or I would think he would have named a sibling or one of the godparents as a backup instead of her and Diana Ross. Also, doesn't it mark you as strange that he did not name any of his siblings nor his father in his will or to be Executors of any aspect of his monies? He would have at least thought a sibling would have outlived him - don't you think?

Also, as to the payout of his TRUST I don't have the specifics but I'm sure he understood that his mother was not good at money management and his key objective would have been for her to be taken care of until her death, at which point any monies slated for her where to be redirected to his children.

It should also be noted that although it appears that Katherine was given more than the children in all actuality she was not as Michael had certain assets that were specifically for the children like the 100 unpublished songs and his insurance policies. So I'm sure that these monies will be distributed to the TRUST but in a separate entity than that which will support Katherine.

Usually there is a provision in a TRUST that names how the monies is to be distributed if a beneficiary is unable to collect so some where down the line he probably listed a couple of his nephews/nieces and probably Janet and Rebbie - but only in the event of his children's untimely death or he may give it all to charity.

BrancaFan2

Posted at 7:32PM on Aug 21st 2009 by betty

-------

What part of "NO" is outside of her vocabulary?