Michael Jackson's Kids Could Turn Preppy

8/23/2009 6:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The home schoolin' days may be over for MJ's kids -- we've learned Katherine Jackson is "seriously considering" sending the golden children to one of the most elite private schools in L.A.

Family sources tell us the Jackson matriarch is talking about enrolling Michael Jr., Paris, and Prince in the Buckley School -- the same place Tito's three kids attended, as well as several other members of the Jackson clan. In fact, Tito's deceased wife, Dee Dee, once served as president of the Buckley Parent's Association.

Our sources say the family has talked to friends and school reps about enrolling the kids.

We're told Grandma Katherine used to show up for different events at the school and just loves the place -- great education, it's close to their Encino home, and it's heavily protected.

Problem is ... the school ain't so easy to get into. Plus, classes start really soon -- as in this Wednesday -- and it's unclear if the kids have even applied yet.

One cautionary note: Paris Hilton attended Buckley as well as ... (gulp) ... Kim, Kourtney and Khloe Kardashian.

Angela

The life of luxury. Heh I have the same taste as Michael did when it came to how he arranged his home at neverland. I'm poor, but in my mind I'm wealthy. :-P

Hope those kids get good careers. BUY BACK NEVERLAND!! lol

janalal4

BRITT89- Ha! I know what you mean but then again every time I saw a pic of MJ or would him speak at some award show, it seemed he was always changing SOMETHING! I guess it's what kept him interesting all these years. I think that's also just part of who he was. Never satisfied, always reinventing himself somehow. I bet(if you believe in the possibility) if he can see all that is going on "down here" he must be getting the BIGGEST KICK out of all this "hoohaa" that's going on!! But then(getting sentimental here)again, I don't know what one feels in the way of emotions & regret from heaven but I can't help but think of the absolute agony for him in not being able to be WITH his kids. Don't mean to be a big bummer but I think of things like that. This whole thing is just such a sad, PREVENTABLE TRAGEDY!

shirliana

I DO NOT THINK ITS A GOOD IDEA TO SEND MICHAEL'S KIDS TO A PRIVATE SCHOOL... THEY NEED TO BE HOME SCHOOLED... i AM SURE THAT THIS IS WHAT MICHAEL WANTED...
WHAT IS THE BID DEAL FOR MRS. JACKSON WITH HER BID MANSION TO HAVE A TEACHER COME OVER EVERYDAY TO TEACH THOSE CHILDREN. IF THEY GO TO A PRIVATE SCHOOL, I DO HOPE THAT THEY HAVE EACH A BODYGUARD..

sue

pot49-from monaco i have to agree with you on the mj voice NOT MJS!!!!-----------------------in response to the schooling matter for all the other posters----as far as the children being home schooled versus private school, i cant say that would be the right thing to do, however my sisters 4 kids have been home schooled for many yrs, and the oldest graduated this yr with honors, and they are very smart and loving children, there mother( MY SISTER) home schools them and she has done an awesome job..( I DONT THINK I COULD HOME SCHOOL MINE )so i guess it just depends on who is doing the home schooling...mjs kids seem to be very bright and very rounded children so he must have done something right.. i do worry about the constant media frenzy and the other nutts out there , that would probably make there life in public a living nightmare...poor kids are they ever going to have any normalacy in there such young lives? i pray for them... rip mj--sue from tampa

HumanNature

The people in this world can be so cruel and negative. I hope that they have tough skins to endure the hate that will be coming their way. Good bless them!!!!!

Peace!!

Missy

Maybe in a year or two let them go to school they just lost their dad and have to much to deal with right now! Respect what Michael did/wanted which was home schooling! Michael said in an interview that he hated being called "wacko jacko" and he did not want his children being called the same thing,to be judged and ridiculed! Michael home schooled them for a reason and IF Mrs.Jackson isn't up for job of continuing that than let Janet raise them! Janet and Michael were always close!

Bart

Well it's a week till they chunk ole dad in a hole, say a few words and cover the old boy up in the dirt.

Me

WHY are people so incredibly cruel to three small children? WHY?

disfasia

That sounds very much like Michael's voice. It is sort of creepy, but it has the same tone and cadence as Michael. Who is this Donald from the UK?

Missy

Liz Taylor,Macaulay Culkin,Chris Tucker these people claimed to be so close to Michael over the years why haven't they spoken out about the loss of their friend?

sue

mj did an awesome job teaching his children, its just very obvious he adored them and wanted the absolute best for them..education always always starts at home and he made sure they were very well rounded and loved for all the right reasons. he was very proud of his children. rip mj --sue from tampa

Bart

What yall sayin' those aint kids.....they be cash cows.

Cece11

Liz has made comments via twitter

Bart

Hey, I got lots of friends that has childrens, but that don't mean I want to RASE them kids or wants them at the house all the time.

Brad

Disfasia,I agree with you! The man in the message sounds alot like MJ. His voice sounds strikingly similiar to MJ's voice at the 02 announcement. He has the same weird accent too.