Ryan Jenkins Dead -- Hangs Himself

8/23/2009 9:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

UPDATE: TMZ spoke with the manager of the motel and one of the residents. They say Jenkins checked in on Friday. He was dropped off by a woman in her early 20s who drove a silver PT Cruiser with Alberta license plates. She stayed for about 20 minutes and wasn't seen again. The room was paid for two days. When Jenkins didn't check it out today, the manager and his nephew went to check on him. When there was no answer, they entered the room and found Jenkins hanging by his belt from a coat rack. He was wearing a t-shirt and jeans. There was a laptop open on a desk inside the room.

UPDATE:

UPDATE:
His body was discovered at about 5:00 PM PT.

UPDATE:
Jenkins was apparently ID'ed through fingerprints.

UPDATE:
RCMP Sgt. Duncan Pound: "At this present time the investigation into the circumstances of his death is continuing, but preliminary evidence suggests that he took his own life. Any further details will not be released at this time as this investigation remains in its infancy."

Ryan Jenkins
has been found dead in Canada, according to the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.

He was found dead at the Thunderbird Motel in Hope, B.C. of an apparent suicide, according to RCMP Sgt. Duncan Pound.

Jenkins' body was discovered by motel staff. According to law enforcement sources, he was found hanging.

Jenkins was charged on August 20 in the murder of his wife, Jasmine Fiore.

Fiore's mutilated body was found in a suitcase inside of a dumpster in Buena Park, Calif. on August 15.

Story developing ...

Thunderbird Motel

UPDATE 11:00 PM PT -- The Buena Park PD held a press conference earlier this evening (below middle). The Royal Canadian Mounted Police also did a press conference earlier today (below right).

M

LOL..oh dear deluded Jessica..I have a life unlike you and I do not make up things about the Jenkins family life the way you have..you seem rather obsessed with this topic..have you considered taking a deep breath and taking a break from slandering the Jenkins family? Read a book perhaps? Have you ever? Do you have any friends you could talk to? No? Perhaps they are sick of your twisted, childish obsession with complete strangers too? So.. silly deluded Jess, please take your own advice and try to form some semblance of a life for yourself that does not include desperately obsessing over murder cases and further slander of families you don't know..and no Jess..you will NEVER know them..try to accept that..maybe antipsychotic drugs will help?

wow

tmz was tardy.

M

Why the he!! are there no photos online showing Ryan hanging from the closet! I have been searching for them and can't find any..can anyone tell me where they are? I will be able to tell just by seeing the position of his body how this really happened and if Ryan was able to hang himself or had help. The family probably had a hand in stringing him up..they didn't care, were never there when he needed them..he needed them in that room to help him!! Why were they soooooooo mean to not be there?? I know they are asking themselves WHAT IF?? WHAT IF WE HAD BEEN THERE!!! Oh my gawddddd..I won't be able to sleep if I do not see for proof that he was hanging in the closet Do you think they will release the morgue photos too?! I love those kind!

marky spark

"Lt. Steve Holliday of Buena Park PD addressed the press, saying, "The sadness of this is all is that Mr. Jenkins will not stand before an Orange County jury for his crime."

Yeah, Lt. Holliday, That's the sadness of this all. Because why shouldn't the taxpayers pay to have this bag of crap try and weasel out of this murder. Damn, California is so Fu&*ed up.

racerzeke

This is a aerial view of where the body was found, you cant even see the dumpster from the street so why would he choose this location? He DID not dump the body there and it is very apparent from statements by the Buena Park PD. They are looking for someone else who probably mutialted her and udmped her for Ryan

Daddy wants some of the pie too.

385--Jessica
You're sick. Get some help.

Linda Mott

I don't believe in suicide but I think the family would feel that it showed some remorse. Judas hung himself. I think when people do horrendous things, go to jail and get out on parole after a few years the family suffers. This put an end to it all for them. They now can have some closure.

London Girl

Did anyone believe he'd be captured alive? Too much of a coward and control freak. Look on the bright side, at least his parents won't have to fly his body all the way from the usa to Canada.

paris is a the chlamydia of the collective Hilton vagina

I cannot believe some of the comments I'm seeing here. 2 human lives were lost. This isn't a game. It's some story you read in the back of your National Enquirer....you people make me sick.

richard ramirez

he just couldn't bring himself

to come out of the closet;

Sad sad

I don't think it's apparent from BP PD that he did not dump her there. They didn't say anything to say he didn't. I can only speculate but the car is pretty crucial here and it has yet to be found. They haven't collected everything yet I presume to come to a solid conclusion. I hope no one else was involved. I don't know cause I wasn't there. It could be possible. I know they said "Participated" but that just means they are pretty sure HE was involved but leaving it open to possibilities someone else/others "might" have been involved. Interesting to say the least. We shall see.

The car they are saying has paper plates but someone commented in the comment section (about the car here on TMZ) that they knew her car with plates being SEXYY.

I wish he didn't off himself. I wanted to hear his reasons. Maybe he wrote about it somewhere. I think he snapped but I'm curious what was going on in his mind as I'm sure all parties involved do too. I seriously hope he never did it before and just never got caught either.

yer mom's soo effin hot!!

yeah, folks like this have this real weird protocol that involves committing suicide when the 'reputation and honor of their tribe' is at stake. it's a strange underworld operation that blends into your every day world. suicide accomplishes 1. demoralizes the general public, (emotionally tied to the actual murder victim) and 2. avoids revealing any of the tribal secrets to the overall public, and keeps the members unrevealed. the protocol also includes obtaining a final sample of semen (yeah, real effin strange, but the final visit of 'a friend' indicates this final deed) so that he can, due to his honor towards his brothers, beget offspring, despite of his own death (his own suicide is actually a sign of ultimate devotion to his brotherhood). some soon day, maybe megan who wants a millionaire, is gonna then be pregnant with his wonderful son, or similar. crazy people these folks. murder to hide, hide to murder. crazy rock out with your crack out folks. but don't tell them i told you...:D!

Jack

# 178 CLOSURE !!!! To the Family ???? Its been a WEEK !!! LOL !!!

yer mom's soo effin hot!!

canadian mounted communist police probably helped him across the border. they rejoice with every american murdered by one of their own kind. so much for that trash 'guarding' the american borders..

richard ramirez

of all the reality stars on t.v. today, this one

proved he was head & shoulders above the rest;

Previous 15 Comments | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments