Ryan Jenkins Dead -- Hangs Himself

8/23/2009 9:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

UPDATE: TMZ spoke with the manager of the motel and one of the residents. They say Jenkins checked in on Friday. He was dropped off by a woman in her early 20s who drove a silver PT Cruiser with Alberta license plates. She stayed for about 20 minutes and wasn't seen again. The room was paid for two days. When Jenkins didn't check it out today, the manager and his nephew went to check on him. When there was no answer, they entered the room and found Jenkins hanging by his belt from a coat rack. He was wearing a t-shirt and jeans. There was a laptop open on a desk inside the room.

UPDATE:
Lt. Steve Holliday of Buena Park PD addressed the press, saying, "The sadness of this is all is that Mr. Jenkins will not stand before an Orange County jury for his crime."

UPDATE:
His body was discovered at about 5:00 PM PT.

UPDATE:
Jenkins was apparently ID'ed through fingerprints.

UPDATE:
RCMP Sgt. Duncan Pound: "At this present time the investigation into the circumstances of his death is continuing, but preliminary evidence suggests that he took his own life. Any further details will not be released at this time as this investigation remains in its infancy."

Ryan Jenkins
has been found dead in Canada, according to the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.

He was found dead at the Thunderbird Motel in Hope, B.C. of an apparent suicide, according to RCMP Sgt. Duncan Pound.

Jenkins' body was discovered by motel staff. According to law enforcement sources, he was found hanging.

Jenkins was charged on August 20 in the murder of his wife, Jasmine Fiore.

Fiore's mutilated body was found in a suitcase inside of a dumpster in Buena Park, Calif. on August 15.

Story developing ...

Thunderbird Motel

UPDATE 11:00 PM PT -- The Buena Park PD held a press conference earlier this evening (below middle). The Royal Canadian Mounted Police also did a press conference earlier today (below right).

Stephanie

What a coward!!!!

racerzeke

No way he walked there right?

MJ is ♥

Amazing. They identified him through his fingerprints. Thought he would have altered them, guess he wasn't that smooth. Too bad USA authorities didn't catch up with him when he was alive. Hope both USA & Canada investigate reasons to disappear and lawyer up.

M

Note to Steady Teddy~Your death would be a blissful event for mankind..choke on your own vomit, coward

Raven

Damn! Can't help but wish so many of us had been wrong,huh? MANY knew he was a coward & would commit suicide One question I have is how the hell did he rent a hotel room unnoticed? It'll be interesting to see if he left a note.....not sure if he did or not,just got home & I haven't read any articles yet.

M.P.

Went out like the b1tch he is...good job, b1tch!

Sad sad

Fug: I saw that movie about them when I was younger. Freaks me out to this day. Perhaps that's why I get so intrigued with these types of stories. There may be signs but there's really no way of knowing when the scales gonna tip. I was so hoping he would give in but I knew he wouldn't. When they said the airport thing I was thinking man he gave up. He did a good job at getting away. He knew that was only gonna last so long. Sad to all parties involved. Hope they can piece this whole mess together. Hope the family at some point will be able to find closure. My heart goes out to them. Such a tragic story.

litzie

TERRIFIC! The slimeball saved the Court System a great deal of money by killing himself...

andrew

Sad. Both sets of parents must now bury their children. Please lay off the "what crappy parenting job her parents did for her to end up as a sex kitten", and the "what crappy parenting job his parents did for him to end up killing someone and then killing himself". Put yourself in either of those parents shoes, the tremendous loss, then lay on top of it a bunch of people who don't know you judging you. We know nothing about these people as parents - good parents can have bad kids, so only judge if you would be fine being judged yourself.

M

Racerzeke

It is about a 3-4 hour drive from the US/Canada border to Hope..I too think someone was helping him

racerzeke

Any word on what they found at the hotel yet? Any vehicles, hand guns, notes, etc.??

If not when will that be released

Ann

Weird and creepy just a week ago he was saying in those videos on TMZ " I love my wife" I love my life" Wealth and a beautiful woman and yet gone so quickly. Who would have thought. Life is short.

racerzeke

Strange he was willing to drive 20+hours to Canada then crossed the border and then got to this hotel room where it seemed he was unknown and then killed himself.

Wonder what pushed him over the edge

Cali MJ Fan

It is sad that he was driven to do what he did to Jasmine, and even more so that he took his life. Two lives lost. So sad.

Ok-- figuring some out there more cynical than I had already put them up but... here we go.

1. Does that mean the person/people who found him will get the $25k reward?

2. Saves California some tax dollars for a long extensive trial.

Linda

I don't think he was a coward ... I think he was very brave to kill himself! I wish more murderers would do the same and save the taxpayers some money! He'll probably save his parents a lot of money in legal expenses too! Though I do feel sorry for them, this is probably for the best. It would be horrendous to go through a trial when their son committed such horrible acts.