Brown: My Lawyer Wouldn't Let Me Plead Guilty

8/25/2009 8:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Chris BrownChris Brown met with probation officials in late June, and he told them he was "ashamed and embarrassed" over the Rihanna beating.

In documents released today by the court, Brown met at the law office of his attorney, Mark Geragos. Brown's mom and probation officers were also present.

During the meeting, Brown said he wanted to plead guilty immediately, but his attorney would not let him. Brown says he also wanted to undergo counseling before he started his probation but Geragos wouldn't let him.

Brown said when he was growing up he saw violence in his own household and didn't want to "carry on that cycle."

Brown told the probation people he wanted to attend domestic violence counseling and wanted to "do it right."

And there's this... Brown says he has already apologized to Rihanna "on a few different occasions." He added he was "uncertain" of the status of their relationship. Note, this interview was June 26, 2009, more than 4 months after the beating.

Mariz

Come on!

He should have an excuse about assaulting her!! Maybe she done something that made him so angry...I know its wrong to hit a woman but sometime woman starts it..
If u all Chris Brown's fans why u turning ur backs on him..

mrez golucky

Yikes!

Tizzle

first!

totoafrica

What a coward. I would twist his head off if I could ever have a chance. Only a coward would hurt a woman, child, elderly person, ect. He is a loser and I hope he shoots himself.

mel

#3 your comment is too unneccessary. Why would you wish that? what a psycho you are.

Anyway. Of course Mark Geragos is not gonna let Chris Plead guilty. He is a really good lawyer who helped MJ during those false accusations. If Chris wanted to be guilty he should have hired a cheap lawyer. We all knew he did it after TMZ obtained Rihanna's picture battered and bruised and posted it here( thanks a lot Harvey). If they didn't have that picture Chris would have fought so hard to be proven not guilty. He should be lucky he only got 5 years probation. He would be doing time in jail. And he's lucky Riri didn't really wanna press charges.I just hope he learned from it and he better not be making a fool out of evryone.

lilb

He could of stopped anytime. And she could of spoke out against violence against women. The deserve each other. Neither deserve our money. Maybe if we started to boycott these celebs, they would get the message. Neither you or I would get the breaks they do. Our arsesses would have been in jail.

MizLiz

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah....

annie :)

thats kinda sad :( he obviously has a lot of problems and needs help. and crucifying him over this one mistake doesn't help at all... i'm gonna keep him in my prayers.

Pablo Alleycorn

TRASH PICKING, WOMAN BEATING PUNK!

He'll get where he belongs sooner or later......

Viva Argentina!!!!!

Tammy

Your a looser Brown always will be

L4TRUTH

Chris Brown has publicly spoken out about his childhood witnessing domestic violence. We should all recognize that it's a cycle. I'm rooting for him to make positive changes and to learn the lessons. It's obvious that the celebrity "handlers" are literally prying them apart. Why else does she want the stay-away order removed? I'm hoping that he gets the help that he needs. Her too. She is no stranger to being violent. TMZ already reported that she initiated the violence that night. I'm not ready to throw him on the trash heap.

Why can I give a second chance? Because I've gotten one. In fact, I've gotten several second chances. And I'm grateful for every one. For those of you who can't show some forgiveness, may God mark the day you'll need it.

joey - I love TMZ 'til ya piss me off!!!

CHRIS BROWN'S HARD LABOR SHOULD BE AT A WOMEN'S PRISON, WHERE HE WOULD HAVE TO ANYTHING THEY TELL HIM TO. OR, BETTER YET - PUT HIM"IN" A WOMEN'S PRISON!!!!!

Cimarron

While I agree it is advisable for people NOT to plead guilty at the first court appearance in many cases (defense attorneys can't get the police report & other discovery until after the arraignment in order to adequately prepare), it was foolish of Geragos not to suggest, encourage or even demand that Brown begin domestic abuse counseling / anger management counseling immediately. I've worked for criminal defense attorneys for a couple decades, and our clients were always told to enroll in classes/counseling related to their alleged offense as soon as possible.

you are naive

LeeLee2B, open your eyes. She did not initiate any violence. She slammed her fists into the dashboard. Then he punches her repeatedly, screams that he is going to kill her, tries to throw her out of the car, bites her, and strangles her. If you don't see the difference between what he did and what she did, then you need serious therapy. God gave you a brain, please use it. The reason the stay away order is in place is because it is against the law to commit domestic violence and assault. The Judge has put this order in place and it will stay in place because the court SAID SO. The handlers have no control over this. It doesn't matter if Rhianna does not want the stay away order in place, it is not up to her.

barry Gordy is genius

So, does this mean that Chris Brown and Rihanna are no longer together???

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments