Who's to Blame in Jackson's Death?

8/25/2009 10:27 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael JacksonWe've been telling you for weeks Propofol killed Michael Jackson and authorities had their sights set on Dr. Conrad Murray. The affidavit to the Houston search warrant makes it clear -- Dr. Murray fueled Jackson with multiple drugs before he stopped breathing and Propofol was the crowning blow.

So the questions -- did Dr. Murray come clean when he spoke with the LAPD or is it even worse than we thought? Why was he on the phone for 47 minutes after Jackson stopped breathing? Why did he wait so long to call 911? Why did he refuse to pronounce Jackson dead at UCLA? Why did Dr. Murray disappear for a day?

And the bigger question -- is Dr. Murray the patsy -- taking the heat for years of prescription abuse at the hands of various doctors?

What do you think?

mjacksonfan777

Mostly the Doctors, but high end organizations as well. They were all after his assets. An addict has not idea he is one until they can no longer help themselves. HE NEEDED AN INTERVENTION FROM THE FAMILY!
Hope all the greedy BASTAERDS GO DOWN!

MIke

Jackson, isn't the first and he won't be the last. Dr. Murray is the patsy, for a string of Dr's that were keeping him off "street drugs", and narcotics. I believe, he (Dr. Murray) infact, lengthened his life.

For goodness sake, there is proof that $$ money was paid and owed to various Dr.'s and Pharmacies. How can the pharmacies allow those drugs to be sold through their means. When we all know they are drugs for hospitals use only. The eJackson family was obviously in no way associated with thier son and brother, if they did not know this was going on. And if it was going on for years, how would they know his demeaner to be any different than what the public say on his best days. Always frail, rambling and soft spoken, unable to move fast. I beleive there was an attempt to detoxify, and it all went wrong. and there are several ostriches involved that need to pull their head out of the sand on this one. SAD,SAD,SAD :( MJ R.I.P.

my 3 cents

Before everyone jumps down my THROAT.....I would like to say that I am a Big Fan of MJ's, but don't you think that MJ is a little responsible for his death, he is the one who requested the drug in the first place. He could have found much more safer route to use in order to sleep. But the Doctor should have refussed treatment of the drug. Most doctors don't have the authority for that drug, and when they prescribe it they are held responsible for its actions. It sends a BIG RED FLAG, how did he use it for so long and the Medical Board not know.

Wombat

My personal belief is that there was no conspiracy.

Dr. Murray was yet another quack doctor who got where he was by being a charismatic con man. MJ, at a drug crazed point in his life, stressed out over the upcoming tour sought out a doctor who he could buy and who would keep him in drugs and never tell him "NO!"

Bottom line?
Fate brought together a quack and a druggee and trajedy ensued.

Doctor Murray should have his license revoked and possible be tried for involuntary manslaughter. The Jackson family could seek further justice by suing him for a wrongul death in Civil court just like the Goldmans and Browns did with OJ.

The rest of these nutjob theories are just trash for the tabloids and have no merit.

Rita

The doctor is no angel, but Michael has to bear some of the blame himself. Just like with John Belushi who abused drugs for years and years. Then a woman gives him the last dose of cocaine and she gets blamed and arrested.

sue

i am so upset by the outcome of this terrible tragic ending to mjs life, yes he was on different drugs and so many people knew it, but not one person out of the entourage he had beside him ever tryed to help him, even if he didnt want there help...i am telling you if he had been a part of my family i would have done something if it meant turning him in for mis use of drugs, it is such a shame that not one person bothered to put him first. they knew way back at the trial and raid that he was doing things (drugs he shouldnt have been using) lapd were so hell bent on charging him with molestation that they didnt even bother to check into his meds problem.now we are yrs later and he is gone,at the hands of a doctor that had no business treating him for anything other than a heart problem (after all he was a cardioligist nothing more) for doc to give him meds for 6wks or longer or less he knew mj had a problem and did nothing to help him, obviously we see that anyone who would give this many drugs to one person from 130am until 1040am clearly didnt know what the hell he was doing...he should be accountable for all of the above and mostly for letting this man lay there and just die. what could have been more important at the time that the doc had to leave the room for any reason?? this was a senseless death!!! we cant say when mj would have passed given his routine with the meds he was taking,but he did not deserve to have life taken from him from being cared for by a inexperienced doctor.we love you mj--sue from tampa

liz

I didn't like the options about Dr. Murray killing Michael because I think he did it through incompetence and carelessness, I don't think it was an intentional murder.

YIKES

WHO CARES...HE WAS A FREAK...MOVE ON...IT'S BEEN TEN WEEKS...

B.J

I hold the Doctors responsible. Is it not their responsibility to recognize addition and then help their patients with this addition. And I have to ask -- Where was his family in all of this? They talk about how close they were, Jermaine keeps saying he was Michael's back bone, but where were they? Am I a Michael fanatic? No. Was I a fan, yes. But I think if the truth be know, Dr. Murray is the fall guy for a bigger picture here. Things are not adding up. Unfortunately I don't know that the whole truth will ever come out. But there is someone bigger behind the scenes here. Someone who thought Michael would be worth more dead than alive.

HasBeens

As much as I love Michael, I think that both he and the doctor are responsible for this horrible tragedy; which is why I don't understand why they are calling this a homicide (murder). I do believe the doctor should be prosecuted, lose his medical license (sorry, but yes), etc., but I don't think he should take the full blame.

LuvMJbad

Although we have all been somewhat prepared for these findings, I think I can speak for all true blue MJ fans out there that this is still a tremendous blow to our hearts. As soon as I heard the news the tears started flowing all over again. I kept hoping and praying that it just wasn't true. That this isn't how our beloved King of Pop lived! It is a big oxymoron that MJ felt that he needed to do these concerts for money when someone like Thome Thome had millions stashed away..... Plus his catalogs brought him millions more annually. I can see him doing 10 for the simple fact that he loved the stage ~ yet he didn't like to tour! He just wanted to have that feeling of love he received from his fans. But I cannot imagine anyone thinking that 50 were possible only for the fact that he didn't look healthy anyone can see that!!!! MJ was always thin, but it wasn't the same "healthy" thin we were use to. All I know is that he was surrounded by people that just saw $$$$ and not MJ for who he was and that breaks my heart. He gave so much to the world and in a second he was gone and this murray guy made so many ignorant decisions, I hope he and all the others involved pay dearly. We don't make excuses for all the drugs MJ took, but we only know what this man is saying, we can't ask MJ about it so it is onesided. No matter what we love him and miss him and will continue to defend him. He gave all of himself to some wonderful causes and it is up to us to keep that going. RIP MJ....Your fans miss you and yes we do love you more than you could have ever imagined.........

disfasia

Whose to blame? Conrad Murray. I don't think we need to get all DaVinci Code here. It is clear that Murray was responsible. But we need to know what happened leading up to Michael's death. Why did Murray call Michael's family? What did Joe Jackson tell him to do? Why the 90 minute delay?

Mercy Fernandez

Michael Jackson is responsible for his own death...we all have choices

s.v.r

all doctors take an oath swearing to ethically practice medicine.the oath is considered a rite of passage for practitioners of medicine.and no where in that oath does it allow doctors to give out lethal drugs no matter who the patient is .All doctors have the obligation of helping people not helping in their addictions...it doesnt matter who the patient is its still a matter of taking an oath and helping to save people not helping in killing them .

lori

None of your polls mention MJ's family. They knew he was a hard core drug addict, but they where to afraid the "gravy train" would end to have him committed. They are also responsable in some way. However in the end MJ killed himself.Because he had the $$$ he could Dr shop and get whatever he wanted. He would have found someone rather it be Dr Murry or some nurse ect..he is the one who got the drugs and hired the folks to give it to him.