Fans Boo Madonna

for Defending 'Gypsies'

8/27/2009 1:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Madonna was hit with a tidal wave of boos at her concert in Bucharest -- pronounced booooo′kÉ™ rest′ -- Romania last night, when she stopped her concert to raise awareness about the discrimination of "Gypsies" across Eastern Europe.

Despite the boos, Madonna -- who was accompanied onstage by Roma (aka Gypsy) performers -- didn't even flinch as the crowd became unruly, finishing her point saying, "freedom and equal rights for everyone ... Gyspies ... homosexuals .. people who are different."

After the rant, Madonna can be heard saying the words "god dammit" in frustration. That happens about 1:20 into the clip.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

DaJuice

I'd boo her for just being Madonna...

mrez golucky

Yikes!

Whamo

Gypsies will steal your heat, wallet & children.

HasBeens

Wow her crowd looks excited...NOT This isn't exactly an MJ concert (remember his Bucharest tour?). Anyway, it's kind of uncool to bring up political tish at a concert which is supposed to be a fun/relaxing experience. Oh well, Madonna isn't known for her IQ.

SERIOUSLY!!!

Must just be HER (MAD onna) ... no one booed Cher when she sang 'Gypsies Tramps and Thieves' ...and while I'm at it ... never mind! I've wased enough time on the skinny old broad.....

janalal4

Are we stupid & don't know how to pronounce Bucharest TMZ?

just me

I am Romanian and trust me when I tell you that gypsies (tigani) are mostly comprised of violent and downright ignorant people. In an effort to end discrimination against them, they were given apartments a few years ago. These people then proceeded to tear out the floor an make FIRES in the apartments!!!! Some gypsies that left Romania and went to other countries such as France continually rape and murder people. These gypsies are a constant presence in Romania and other countries of the world and most of them have the reputation they have for a reason!

cb

Madonna excuse the ignorant rants here on this website, these are people
who are filled with self-hatred, loneliness, contempt for oneself and
most of them will probably end up being serial killers..so pray for their
dejected souls...I agree with you 100%, people fear others who are different..so don't waste your time trying to get through to these hateful idiots they are a lost cause..

Paparazzo@frog.cc

Madonna should stop going to those Nazi countries.

ScaredMom

I can't stand Madonna! Shut up and sing for the people who paid good money to relax and hear you sing (read:crow)...has-been....

SERIOUSLY!!!

Oh ... and BTW ... aren't Gypsies foreign homeless people?
(good one janalal4!!! hee hee)

Judy

Because of the Gypsies the Romanians look bad abroad! I am a Romanian woman, I do not belong to the ROMA people! Do you know which was the most spectacular moment of her show last night? Showing Michael Jackson's picture and an impersonator of him performing!

sarah

janalal4, I thought the same thing. How insulting, TMZ!

Only marry foreign women

We ought to discriminate against old whores.

monica

Madonna was just trying to she the gypsie's some love.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments