DJ AM Dies -- Celebrities Turn to Twitter

8/28/2009 7:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

DJ AMThe following messages have been left by various celebrities on their Twitters since the death of DJ AM.

John Mayer: In complete shock.

Lindsay Lohan: i can't believe this.. i'm in shock. why? why? r.i.p. adam.

Alyssa Milano: May you rest in peace, Adam. You touched many with your light and will be missed like crazy.

Ryan Seacrest: So sad the hear about adam. a very kind and generous guy.

Dr. Drew
: I lack the words to describe my feelings.

Ashton Kutcher: much love to my boy AM.

Soliel Moon Frye
: Thank you for bringing so much music and inspiration to peoples lives. Rip Dj Am.

Heidi Montag: my thoughts and prayers are with DJ AM's family and friends.

Shanna Moakler
: My deepest condolences for DJ AM, you were a great artist and will be severely missed. My thoughts and Prayers to his family and friends.

Ckm

What is wrog with ALL of you people and your hateful nasty comments. This man was someones family, son, brother, friend. We all have demons that doesnt make someones life a waste and worthless. SHAME on ALL of you for posting such garbage about someone you didnt know. Just ponder for a moment if that was your loved one. Show some compassion.

chelsea

I agree with all of you. Yes it is tragic and we have lost too many people lately to drugs and stupid crap, but then again no one shoved the drugs down his throat. On the other hand he was someones son and he will be missed very badly by them, lets not cast stones here people when we all have done stupid stuff in our lives.

tony

Lindsay Lohan says why? DUH how about drugs for a reason. How good would he have been, had he been clean and sober???

Lea

When someone in the public eye dies, it is always so shocking and sad. Most of you fools are truely sick for making those ignorant comments. It shows what lack of repect most people have. This man was idolized by a lot of people and his passing, no matter how it happened, should not be subject to such disgusting blabber. I commend the few of you who show your respect in a peaceful and honorable way. The rest of you should be ashamed by how disrespectful and rude you are. Whether you were a fan or not, you should not be so cruel. This man had family and friends. Imagine how you'd feel if people said cruel things about the death of you loved one. Grow up you pieces of trash. RIP DJ AM and sympanthy to your family and friends. You will be missed

Yep

Does anyone care what Punky Brewster thinks?

lizriz

He was in a horrific air crash a year ago September where he was badly injured and his friends died; if you've never been in a traumatic situation like that, you have no idea the mental pain he was probably going through, so give him a break and let him rest in peace

Chuck

You live by the sword- you will die by the sword

the man

Who cares! He was just a psuedo celeb who did drugs and played other peoples music.
Why he is "famous" is just proof and a testimony to our culture of mediocrity which celebrates people who produce and do nothing.

He somehow escaped or got lucy in the plane wreck. This is just proof he was a real loser and his time to go. Who cares.

Mariah

I am so sick of this Twitter junk and I don't give a crap what these dumba$$ celebs think. Can't they just call each other and commiserate without posting their supposed grief for the world to see? Ok you knew the guy, congratulations. I do feel badly for Nicole Richie (she at least knew him really well) and Barker.

Having said that, has anyone thought that the RX drugs are probably going to be anti-anxiety and pain meds. If Michael Jackson got hooked after his burns during the Pepsi commercial is it such a stretch that DJ AM got hooked after his nasty accident where he also was burned badly?? Have some compassion people.

april

truly sad! RIP DJ AM
- You never know unless you walk in that person's shoes..come on people--take ownership of your own life and quit judging others-- cuz nobody is perfect and everyone has issues! Unless you want to help and be positive ..keep it to yourself and quit being negative!

Woo Hoo!!!!

Is playing on Twitter the only thing that Lindsay Lohan and Ashton Kutcher do all day? They are ALWAYS on.

Anyway, DJ AM wasted his second chance at life. You would think after surviving a plane crash that you would re-evaluate you priorities. Guess not.

dana

wake up call....when god gives you a second chance at life take it...you survive a plane crash and then kill urself with drugs...tragic

cynthia

wow i really cant believe that hes ead.im still in shock.my thoughts and prayers go out to his family.R.I.P Adam

Diva

Another shocking tragedy....gone too soon for sure. RIP, Adam.

Linda Ruland

I didn't know him. I think I would have liked him. I'm so sorry that he felt that he didn't have anyone to talk to. People, please talk to your children............................