DJ AM 'Devastated' Over Recent Breakup with GF

8/28/2009 9:41 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

DJ AM Sources tell TMZ DJ AM had been "completely devastated" over a recent breakup with his girlfriend, Hayley Wood.

We're told they split within the last week -- she was the one who called off their relationship.

We're also told he was having a very hard time dealing with post-traumatic stress from the plane crash he survived in September of last year.

DJ AM has been sober for nine years, but our sources say the breakup and the stress over the plane crash could have caused him to start using drugs again.

UPDATE: Hayley posted video of the couple having fun on a yacht while on vacation in France earlier this month -- the video was posted on Wood's YouTube account August 15.

After a kiss from AM, Hayley takes a leap overboard.

DJ AM: Click to watch

DCMA Queen

And,um... Nicole Richie is in labor right now... I wonder how she's doing... does she know?

Crackiswhack

Crack is whack.

Carl Gorney

J C...leave the preaching for somewhere else, OK?

As far as this bit of news goes...I'd bet some of the posters on this site now feel stupid from their comments on earlier DJ AM stories. At least in this one, there's a lot more open-mindedness toward AM's state of mind.

pink floyd

here is a prime example of what is wrong with america.everyone is so stuck on the whos who in hollywood were talking about a crack head and every one is upset that he died.worry about things that matters.like where this country is going to be in 20 years.get a grip people get a job do something productive in your lives.because if this continues it's only going to get worse?

chris

Kronos

DON'T KID YOURSELVES THIS IS FINAL DESTINATION FOR REALS !!!

IF I WAS TRAVIS BARKER, I WOULD LOCK MYSELF UP IN A PADDED ROOM !!!

LakersFan

As a former homosexual and drug addict I can tell You You need to be born again and have Your sins forgiven and live at peace with God and rely on him to uproot the lies that keep You in bondage to sin.

Posted at 9:06PM on Aug 28th 2009 by J C

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2009/08/28/dj-am-devastated-over-recent-breakup-with-gf/#comments#ixzz0PWxOLLMv
****************

Former homosexual lol...yeeeeeah ok.

TeamKate

4. PUT THE CRACK PIPE DOWN MOFOS - NO BITCH IS WORTH ALL OF THAT . . . SAD TOO BECUASE SOMEONE THOUGHT HE HAD A REASON TO SURVIVE THE PLANE CRASH

Posted at 9:00PM on Aug 28th 2009 by OGKUSHGIRL

Ya know stop with the BITCH comments. Yeah i believe no one should take their life over another...especially over a relationship gone bad. But i am sick of people always calling a woman a BITCH...i think people who use that term are just scared of how strong a woman can be. As for D.J... Buddy i feel for you, no one should have so much pain that they wanna end it all. I think i would wanna live just to spite all those F&&kers out there! RIP D.J

dicwad

Loser 8=====D--

Quiet

Comment on first page...
Nicole Richie is in Labor right now????
To give birth to your child the same day your ex dies.
Very Sad.

Wanda W.

Oh boo hoo, another drug addict self destructs,and bites the dust,BY HIS OWN HAND.............. SO WHAT? Good riddance.

Shiksa

Been there. Never want to go back.
Rest in peace, at least there you don't have to cry over not feeling loved.

LakersFan

31. If she broke up with him, I kind of think it's in bad taste that she would choose to release a video of the two of them together. Not sure what to read into that, but it just doesn't seem right to me!!

Posted at 9:22PM on Aug 28th 2009 by chris

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2009/08/28/dj-am-devastated-over-recent-breakup-with-gf/3#comments#ixzz0PWyi3lId
**************

She didn't release the video after she found out he died today. It was posted on her YouTube account on Aug. 15th while they were still a couple. Don't people read the entire story before posting?

MJ WAS A JUNKIE

. Post traumatic stress is a very, very serious disorder. It is nothing to play with. Always seek profesional help when dealing with this disorder. After a shooting at my job in 1997 it took 10 years to get off meds. I will never be the same person I was before the incident. I still get confused and disoriented when I get really stressed out. It's like I leave my body and I'm looking down on what is happening. My heart goes out to his family may he rest in peace.

Posted at 9:05PM on Aug 28th 2009 by Roxy

What you are saying is very true. I suffer from the samething. I also smoked crack to escape. I felt nothing when I smoked. I have been clean for 2 years now. Now I'm trying to deal with it again. It is very hard..

JC is right

Excuse me....JC's comments are the most logical post on here. AM was searching and hurting. As a physican assistant, I know his meds for anxiety only band-aid the issue and are highly addictive. Jesus Christ is the great physican, his fees are free unlike mine, have no side effects but do give a peace that is unmeasurable and ever lasting life. Certainly, something this young man needed. So to the haters, quit hating on something until you know what you are hating on! Better yet go read the book of John.