DJ AM 'Devastated' Over Recent Breakup with GF

8/28/2009 9:41 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

DJ AM Sources tell TMZ DJ AM had been "completely devastated" over a recent breakup with his girlfriend, Hayley Wood.

We're told they split within the last week -- she was the one who called off their relationship.

We're also told he was having a very hard time dealing with post-traumatic stress from the plane crash he survived in September of last year.

DJ AM has been sober for nine years, but our sources say the breakup and the stress over the plane crash could have caused him to start using drugs again.

UPDATE: Hayley posted video of the couple having fun on a yacht while on vacation in France earlier this month -- the video was posted on Wood's YouTube account August 15.

After a kiss from AM, Hayley takes a leap overboard.

DJ AM: Click to watch

bec

You can tell by her body language that relationship was never going to last.
Very sad.
Drugs is not the answer....when will people learn?
RIP Adam

LNDZ

Tons of people got broken up with & they don't commit suicide, so she is in no way at fault, yet putting the info about he breakup is going to cause extra grief for her. I suffered from burns & the pain lasts, so he might have just been trying to deal w/the pain & post traumatic stress & not trying to take his life. R.I.P.

drake

So this guy kills himself over some broad. Any guy that kills himself over some stupid girl might just have deserved it.

YouIdiots

Get a grip ppl. He didn't commit suicide over a chick - he OD'd like every other junkie. TMZ - why would you write "he has been sober for 9 years"? You should have used "had", clearly he was no longer sober and lets not blame the gf for his choices

shullie

Lakers suck. So don't Kobe

J C

Alot of people don't process their pain.
They use another person as fix to quiet their emotional pain (co-dependency/sexual addiction)
They usually come across as being too needy and scare the other person away.
When this happens the person has a tremendous emotional upheaval that they try to quiet with drugs.
Stored demonized emotions.
Demonized because the emotions are held in by lies and trauma.

r00t4rd3d

B U T T E R - F A C E !

Use some of that cash your gonna get from the plane crash and get a girl with a smoking body AND a cute face.

schoen1

I never heard of this guy and I hate to say it, but I don't care.

Adams

34. . Post traumatic stress is a very, very serious disorder. It is nothing to play with. Always seek profesional help when dealing with this disorder. After a shooting at my job in 1997 it took 10 years to get off meds. I will never be the same person I was before the incident. I still get confused and disoriented when I get really stressed out. It's like I leave my body and I'm looking down on what is happening. My heart goes out to his family may he rest in peace.

Posted at 9:05PM on Aug 28th 2009 by Roxy

What you are saying is very true. I suffer from the samething. I also smoked crack to escape. I felt nothing when I smoked. I have been clean for 2 years now. Now I'm trying to deal with it again. It is very hard..

Posted at 9:26PM on Aug 28th 2009 by me

Both of you are weak and feble. You have excuses for somthing that you should be dealing with yourself. To have this crack head cry baby diagnosed with PTSD after a plane crash is shameful. It is an insult to people that have lived thru real stressful situations. It was a plane crash.... big deal you walked away from it. You are going to tell me that a plane crash made you smoke crack? Or someone getting shot at your work made you smoke crack.... this is the problem with America..... Tell a veteran from D-Day that you had to smoke crack because you saw someone get shot..... you people are pathetic.

I do not know who this guy was.... nor do I care. People die.... that is what we do... We live... than we are gone.

Dalia Voltex

How DARE she!!!

Wanda W.

Stop it people! Stop making lame ass EXCUSES for someone who self destructs. He survived a near fatal plane crash, he has post tramatic stress,his woman ditched him, then posted a video of them in happier times,he was addicted to crack,his mama toliet trained him too young, BLAH,BLAH, BLAH ! Whatever happened to personal responsibility? What ever happened to pulling yourself up BY yourself? He was lucky to be alive,if he could take joy from that fact alone, he was doomed anyway. We have become a nation of whining,self entitled,self absorbed, drug dependent, BRATS!Talk about looking at the man in the mirror!!!!!!!!!!

omg!

what a loser!

omg you can't handle a girl dumping you?
you can't handle that you survived when almost everyone else died?

i would care less about some bltch and be thankful and oh so happy that i was still alive after that near death experience!

glad he did himself in before making some kids
one less loser to pollute the gene pool
now just need to get 90% of the rest of america to do the same

sj

This is a very sad story on its own.
However, I don't think it is necessary to put this girlfriend in the spotlight. Its not necessary for it to be all over the news that he was depressed cause she broke up with him, and then died.
I doubt that is something he would have wanted.

gog

Good deal another druged idiotoff of the planet. CRY BABY

Alison

She better stay away from the funeral. Stupid whore. Why would you post a video of you and your supposed BF if you planned to break up with him? Selfish b!tch.