DJ AM

Dies

8/28/2009 8:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Law enforcement sources tell us DJ AM -- also known as Adam Goldstein -- was found dead this afternoon in New York City.

0828_dj_am_police_ex-1
Sources tell us he was found in his apartment at around 5:20 PM. We're told drug paraphernalia was found at the scene.

Our sources say DJ AM had not been seen or heard from for a few days -- one of his friends went to check on him, but got no response after knocking on his apartment door.

We're told the friend called the cops, who gained entrance to his apartment and found the body.

Back in September of 2008, DJ AM and Travis Barker survived a plane crash in South Carolina. Four people died in the crash -- which was caused when the airplane aborted takeoff and then ran off the runway. DJ AM and Barker were the only survivors.

UPDATE: A rep for DJ AM just issued the following statement: "Adam "DJ AM" Goldstein was found deceased this afternoon in his New York City apartment. The circumstances surrounding his death are unclear. Out of respect for his family and loved ones, please respect their privacy at this time."

DJ AM: Click to launch

DJ DAZ AMP RADIO

YO, I just saw him rock it at club in Hollywood called Banana Split Sundays. He'll be missed....R.I.P.

the last ride

Final Destination, say it ain't so ......... Travis Barker is next.

Eileen

This is so sad. To survive a horrific plane crash only to die in his apartment less than a year later. RIP Adam.

dirty diana

he's the father of nicole's unborn baby.

Raven

:-( How sad,& unimaginable.Feels awful to be using past tense. I knew Adam casually, a very nice,outgoing guy,moreso after the plane crash.Loved his energy when he played the various clubs in NYC.....he was so happy & feeling very Blessed, even alil the 'wow,who me,how did I get so lucky?' & so thrilled about being asked to throw out the ball @ Mets game the other day. RIP DJ AM! Condolences to the many who knew/adored him.

Lola

I guess it goes to show that maybe his time was up last year and he slipped through the matrix somehow! If i were Travis Barker I would be a little worried and careful. Final Destination,maybe?

orionsaint

I hope Travis isn't next.

Tonya

this is so SAD , I can't believe that with all he has been thru , that this would happen to him . his family and freinds will be in my prayers... RIP DJ AM.. you will be missed by many...

ibrahim

This is just like Final Destination!
Funny how the new Final Destination movie comes out today... and he died after surviving... how did he die?

erin

RIP!!!!

brittney

this is very sad. I was at his opening of Dusk nightclub here in Atlantic City NJ, and was sup. to go see him just this past Tuesday since he had came back to Dusk. This is very sad if true and he is truly the best DJ ever. he will be missed. but look out for DJ Wreckineyez - hes the nicest and the next best DJ . watch out everyoneeee !

princesspink

He got a second chance at life nad just wasted it on drugs... how sad.

Duc

Damn. Didn't really care for the guy until I saw him perform with Travis Barker a couple of months ago at KROQ Weenie Roast. They were bad ass that night. RIP dude.

STFU TMZ YOU ARE IDIOTS

OMG wtf??? What's going on in this world lately???

j

Please everyone, while you are alive to choose...look into Jesus as your Saviour. Eternity is forever.