Michael Jackson Flunked His Credit Report

8/28/2009 7:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Jackson Credit ReportHere's a shocker -- Michael Jackson had an abysmally low credit score.

TMZ has learned that in 2007, Jacko's average credit score was 563.67 (Equifax 592, Transunion: 524, Experian: 575) which most experts consider very low. (According to creditreport.com, the average credit rating for people in California is 672.)

The reasons for MJ's credit woes ... We're told he was dinged for several reasons, including:

-- A derogatory public record or collection filed
-- The amount owed on delinquent accounts
-- Number of accounts with delinquency
-- Too many inquiries in the last 12 months

We've also learned Barneys New York actually shut down Jacko's credit line after he racked up more than $224,000 in one billing cycle, this according to Jacko's credit report.

MJ's troubles seem to have stemmed from a large net worth but nearly no disposable income. As we reported earlier, MJ's "Cash in Bank" was $668,215 -- or .05% of his net worth.

Previous 15 Comments | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21

cali chick

Yeah but Michael would be 22 million richer if Jordy Chandler hadn't decided to lie and ruin M.J's life!! He knows Michael was nothing but good to him and his family. Now Jordy is living the good life and doesn't even have a job. Just bummin around on "lie" money! R.I.P Michael. Nobody can hurt your sensitive soul anymore! We love you!

cali chick

Michel was living in a $100,000 a month Beverly Hills house when he died. His credit must not have been THAT bad!!

Fixer

Sounds to me like he needed a good credit repair company

Vivian

I'll just do the job to remind you all so call journalist, reporter watever that you are not immortal and you have children too. Act like a human and respect the deceased.

Debra Cap

You guys are completely disgusting, I don't know how you sleep at night, I rather have a job that has respect, than what you guys do on tv and report such low life stuff. How can you actually post a dead man's credit score that is actually supposed to be confidential. You have no respect for the dead , let him rest in peace. I never watched your crappy rag of a show and NOW i will make sure I definately change it when I channel surf!!!!!!!!!!
GET A LIFE

marson

I was reading the coments, and it's very clear Michaels fans are still protective of him. Anything TMZ or anyone else says bad about Michael will not be appreciated by the fans. We are all still grieving too. Could we see some of the good stuff Michael did when he was alive? I don't know how much computer access his kids have, but we owe it to him to remember they are out there. He gave so much of himself and his life to his fans.Please let us look after his kids feelings for his sake.

Mike

It seems Jackson needed to keep a little more liquid to pay his bills considering hiss massive net worth.
Credit Rating">Click Here for HTMLGoodies