Pill Bottles, Crack Pipe Found Near DJ AM's Body

8/28/2009 8:46 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

DJ AMSources tell TMZ prescription pill bottles were found near DJ AM's body this afternoon.

We're told his body was found at around 5 PM at his apartment in New York City -- he was shirtless and wearing sweatpants. He was face down.

UPDATE 10:33 PM ET: Crime scene investigators just entered the apartment with evidence bags.

UPDATE 9:15 PM ET: Law enforcement sources say the call came in at 5:24 PM -- the FDNY responded at 5:27 PM. We're told DJ AM was pronounced dead on the scene at 6:00 PM.

UPDATE 8:35 PM ET: A law enforcement source on scene tells TMZ a glass "crack pipe" was found in his bedroom. The pill bottles were found in the kitchen.

UPDATE 8:10 PM ET: Sources say a pipe commonly used to smoke drugs was also found inside the bedroom.

UPDATE 7:51 PM ET: We're told his body has not been removed from the apartment.

Story developing...

DJ AM: Click to launch

Previous 15 Comments | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9

the other woman

SAY NO TO DRUGS.

big d1

once a crackhead always a crackhead.... why feel sorry for someone who smoked themself to death .... its what happens when your a CRACKHEAD>>>>

craberry pie

Ehh..

FINAL DESTINATION anyone???

Mac

Another one bites the dust yet people still do drugs though these celebrities keep dropping dead. Kinda hypocritical

joanna38

You all better stop using this chit...it aint cool and you all are not waking up cause you are stone cold. Live a halfway normal life and get some sleep...life aint about being at all the parties and all the scenes. None of you are really that important to be seen 24/7 in any case. We just get tired of you, then you peg and everyone says "shame, shame" "he/she was so cool and now they are gone"......yeah baby!

Marie

I am confused why everyone is acting shocked and amazed that this happened. Everyone knows that All drug addicts end up in one of three places Jail Rehab or Dead. This guy was a "celebrity" but he was still an addict . So this is Not a shock.

The fact that this idiot stayed on drugs after being Blessed with a second chance at life is just Mind boggling. I have 15 years clean. I never had access to any of the high class fancy rehabs this guy did i did it with the help of a state run clinic and a darn good therapist. The fact that these "stars" have a really great future and have so much going for them and yet they toss it to the cloud in a pipe just boggles my mind.

All of his friends who are activly using need to do the right thing now and get them REAL help not those "so called STAR rehabs" where they let you come and go as your schedule demands but a REAL one that sees you as just another addict. They need to get a grip on their lives and quite playing with fire before they all follow in his footsteps.

MY Prayers to his Family I hope they know this is NOT their fault in ANY way. he was a addictand no matter what this was likely to happened down the line as he continued to use and there was little they could have done about that

STFU TMZ YOU ARE IDIOTS

I think as odd as it may seem, everyone saying nasty things is jealous of DJ AM's status. Yes he is dead and that's not necessarily a good place to be,we don't really know, but he was well loved and some of you can't stand it cause no one loves you. Everyone here in LA loved him, and you are jealous, angry, bitter, azzes with no money. You are taking it out on a wonderful individual who was depressed and ODed by mistake, and trying to bring him down cause of his one fault. For the one or two faults he had he had 100 more good things that overshadowed them. So, I can understand you being jealous of him. I would be too if everyone hated me. My suggestion is you get right with God or whatever you need to get right with and stop hating people and yourself most of all!

malle

yes I been wonder how that little biatch,had take the news ,I mean she was the love of her life,he got a gastric bypass, to loss all the waight,she was by her side all the way of the tough rode ,they both quite drugs and they were supportive cupple for each other I remember before they broke up the first time he took her to Disneyland to celebrate her b-day,but the rumors of her stating to relapse on drugs again, had him in the edge,he try many things,he tried to work out things with her they were engage,and he decide for his own sanity to brake up with her, all do they went back togather when nichole promesed to stop parting with the wrong crowd ,in fact she would party and get out control in the gigs were he was being DJ,,well they went back and she was good for a while but this time he wantend to wait to see how things were going to be,before he give back the promise ring back,sure enough 1 month or 2 later she started again,and started to party with the worse of the worse at that time ,it was the biggest rummor than Nichole was out a lot with STEV O FROM JACK ASS,he apparently came cross to him,and this guy stev-o was so waisted ,he told DJ Adam "hey dude I
F##ked you girl friend ,and that was it their relatinship was over,and she land all af the suddent with some guy that she started to go out with and get knocked up...twise.what a looser,all for what before the end of this year they will break up...I din't said this ,this reknown predictor ,predicted this ,he also predicted michael jackson dead just at the end of last year,he was on Mtv,just go to you tube star predictions.

adam

boo whoo dj am was a crack head lets all cry cuz he touched nobody!!!!!!!!! what a loser!!!!!!!

west5812

What a terible shame, that someone so young and talented took his own life. I remember being part of the club scene a while back. Fun but LOTS and LOTS of DRUGS. While I would now rather be running or playing tennis, what a tragedy that someone that was such a pioneer within his industry ends up like that. I guess the club scene hasn't changed a whole lot: live fast, party hard, die young, leave a good looking corpse. How very very sad.

kim kausek

wow alot of the people who are leaving these comments are illiterate to dj am's recent history ugh perhaps a nearly fatal plane crash! helloo ... lets face it as lilly allen says " everyone's on it" who hasnt popped a perk or xannex, ok but to drug someones death like that and say your sick of people dying from drugs is way out of line. he had a stressful year and just broke up with his gf.. youd have to understand pyschology and the effects of your brain during post tramatic stress

Cautious

This is also very sad.

Seems like some people cannot function without 'calming' drugs of any kind. I mean I take BP tablets, but I don't think I'll get addicted over these. Wish I did not have to take them.

It really is sad when a person looses control of themselves completely.

And again, I do blame these doctors when prescribing meds, they should check the mental state of some of these people first.

Previous 15 Comments | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9