DJ AM's Body Removed from His Apartment

8/29/2009 2:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

DJ AM's body was removed from his New York City apartment late Friday evening. Sources tell TMZ he was pronounced dead at 6:00 PM Friday -- prescription pill bottles and a crack pipe were found in the apartment.

Kenny

Did`nt Nicole Ritchie break up with him cause of his drug problems ?? FIRST !!!!

Josh Frazetta

We will never forget you bro.... RIP

Josh Frazetta
Florida,

b0w

first?

lupe

Perhaps me just watching this short video clip is a poor score on my moral behalf..but the people caught on tape saying "NICE! and then "AMAZING!" is simply deplorable.

my 3 cents

Dammmm I did not see that one comming....
He could have been in pain from the plain crash, and he could have been depressed....wow shock....

Pickle

never heard of this guy. it's funny --he never touched my life in any way so it makes no difference to me that he's gone.

the other woman

DJ AM you will be missed.I'm sad you life had to end like this.
You were a talented young man that was loved by many.You will never be forgotten.

ANGELIQUE

WHO are you for adam to have touched your life... NO ONE CARES WHAT U THINK YOUR LAME. I CAN TELL YOU WERE RAISED BY A WHORE..ADAM WAS A GOOD PERSON THAT WILL BE VERY MISSED.

sickofittoo

In utter shock...
oh.my.god

Loser

What is happening to celebrities this year? Little by little they are all becoming a memory. Is this the year the music died?

They always leave in three's....Ted Kennedy-DJ AM and now who is next?

D

I've never commented on anything before but I am pretty sure this guy would not want to be remembered for this. We are all human and sometimes things happen in life that some of us are unable to endure. No matter what he is a son, a brother and I am sure his family and friends are devasted. We should all respect this and leave it at that. May god bless and keep him.

Jenny

This video looks familiar......wait are we sure TMZ isn't just getting the Heath Ledger video out of the vault of "Celebrity" tragically dies of an overdose, AGAIN! Hey TMZ just keep that same video rolling, I'm sure Dr. Drew and I agree, it won't be if but when you'll need it again.

MEMO to all "Celebrities" STOP doing drugs nobody will care what you are doing when your dead!

American Psycho

HHAHHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Crack Pipe. I heart TMZ. Tells the truth !

American Psycho

DJ am should be now be

DJ PM
Post Mortem, Sucker. Stupid crack head. Should of died in the plane crash.

LaLa

WoW! I'm in shock...May he rest in peace! My condolences go out to his family and friends...
I guess he is in a better place now.....

R.I.P DJ AM!!!!