Travis Barker -- 'Rest in Peace My Brother'

8/30/2009 12:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Travis BarkerTravis Barker has taken to Twitter to mourn the loss of his close friend DJ AM -- in bursts of 140 characters or less.

Barker wrote: "Don't know how i am gonna play 2night but i am for AM. My brother is gone.i love u and miss u, i'll never forget all the good times we had.

Followed shortly by: "I'll never forget everything we've been thru and every time i play the drums i'll think of you. U were an amazing friend/DJ/human being."

And lastly: "Rest In Peace my brother, this really f**ks me up."

Nicole

Please...no more celeb deaths. TMZ has a way of posting way too many articles about 1 person's death (MJ, Jasmine Fiore, DJ AM). The next celeb to die and make TMZ go on and on and on and on and on and on and on about it, I'm gonna curse to coming back as a fly in their next life.

stacy

Kelly - post 29. I am so sorry for the loss of your son. I live in LA and we are not all cold hearted.. It makes me sick to see individuals commenting on this loss in a negative way. I can't imagine losing a child and then to read how people can be so judging and they never knew the guy. May he RIP and again, I am so sorry for the loss of your son. You will be in my prayers tonight along with the DJ AM's family and Travis Barkers. People need to open their hearts and love not judge.. Stacy

Only marry foreign women

Yeah. Love and drugs. Sure. F#ckin' hippies.

jammo

I hope this idiot is next.
Is all he twits and tweets about is . I, I , I and ME

Barker is a Narcissist that should not be left alone w/ his kids, he finds any excuse to knock his ex when is all I hear out of this guy is me me me and me.

keith

balls

keith

WHO GIVES A RATS ASS !!!!

cherryblossoms

I pray for all his family, friends and fans and him. This is how most people feel he was a great person and a great talent and a great soul.

Chrissy

~RIP~ DJ AM, my thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends, and Travis may time heal your pain.

mia

OMG, this guy was a marginal celebrity, and pretty much only because he liked to hook up with famous chicks. Yah, it's sad that he OD'd, but some of you are talking about him like he made some significant contribution to humanity. He was a member of Crazy Town! Wow, that's deep. A one-hit wonder band ... and Goldstein wasn't even a member when they had their one hit. He survived a plane crash, that's bad luck, not skill. Goldstein was like Paris Hilton, famous for being famous, and pretty much nothing more. Hell, he didn't even have a sex tape. His death is a tragic loss for his friends and family, but an almost imperceptible blip to everyone else.

mia

Precisely, Anjoli!

Pray For the Beaten Up!

Goodbye my friend it's hard to die
When all the birds are singing in the sky
Now that the summer is in the air
Pretty girls are everywhere
Think of me and i'll be there

We had joy we had fun
We had seasons in the sun
But the hills that we climbed were just seasons
Out of time...

Travis, you are not alone, we are all in this journey together, you should very well know this by now but i'm happy to remind you.

One more thing, you could have picked me but you took Oscar's sloppy seconds, I mean $hana?? Really? hmmmm, I think you could have done better...I digress.

Lucy Fur

Wow Einstein , mister "putting it into perspective" what have YOU accomplished in your amazing life to be so condescending on AM????

Vic

Hey Stacy...
Don't preach to me about having some compassion! I work more then 8days a month & dealing with idiot people like yourself is a daily thing for me. This kid had a great chance in life not only once but twice & he threw it all away. His parents were obviously not a good example on his life cause he wouldn't be dead right now. And as for sky waitress. It was flight attendants that were killed first on Sept 11th for the terrorist to accomplish what they did so they were seen as more then just someone serving they're drinks. When we can,we help to save you ungratefull LOSERS!!! So go preach to some of the family memebers who lost someone who didn't have a 2nd chance to live. See if you get any compassion from them on this idiot.

mia

hey vic, stacy clearly doesn't understand the purpose of flight attendants...........but she might one day when one saves her ass.

mia

Lucy Fur, now that I think about it, even Paris Hilton did more than Adam Goldstein. Goldstein rode on the coattails of his girlfriends, Hilton made her own success.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments