Travis Barker -- 'Rest in Peace My Brother'

8/30/2009 12:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Travis BarkerTravis Barker has taken to Twitter to mourn the loss of his close friend DJ AM -- in bursts of 140 characters or less.

Barker wrote: "Don't know how i am gonna play 2night but i am for AM. My brother is gone.i love u and miss u, i'll never forget all the good times we had.

Followed shortly by: "I'll never forget everything we've been thru and every time i play the drums i'll think of you. U were an amazing friend/DJ/human being."

And lastly: "Rest In Peace my brother, this really f**ks me up."

why?

No one said anyone had to like what AM did for a living. A lot people thought it was jammin. If you didn't fine but don't go respecting the dead. I mean how foul are you? Anyone can be afflicted by addiction. You clowns mouthing off will loose a loved one this way someday, almost everybody does sooner or later.I hope someone has compassion for your pain. Adam was very special. He loved very deeply.The world is a darker place with out him in it. I haven't been able to stop crying. Miss you boy..RIP

DesertChildAZ

Bren - They have to post such negative comments because that is THEIR contribution to the world. Pretty pathetic. When they die and meet their maker and he asks what they did with their time on Earth, I'm pretty sure they'll leave that part out. But GOD sees everything and one thing I'm sure of is that He doesn't appreciate their lack of COMPASSION, EMPATHY or LOVE.

Lucy Fur

Ha, ha you make me laugh dude (quoting "putting it into perspective": now that I think about it, even Paris Hilton did more than Adam Goldstein.) What? you just started thinking suddenly... Must be hard for your neurones. Don't give yourself a headache. He's ssssso not worth it according to you, such a "marginal celebrity".

mia

If you were a friend or family member of Adam Goldstein, then by all means we understand your pain. But to think that people who didn't know him should care so much that he committed suicide, that's just too damned much. And for anyone to talk about him like he made some great contribution to humanity, that's even worse. He was, like most celebrities, marginally talented, and he became famous by hooking up with other famous people. There's nothing disrespectful in acknowledging that. But you call me "foul" anyway. What are you, 14? Have posters up in your room?

mia

Go have another snort of cocaine, Lucy. Snort one up for the AM.

mia

Oh jesus, now here comes the god talk. What a compassionate god, puts a guy through abuse, addiction, and a plane crash, and then lets him die with a crack pipe in his lap. Let us pray.

(Aren't you a little old to have an imaginary friend?)

HARDY-HAR-HAR

It's his friend~ close friend. I'm sure he's still in shock! We ALL are! It's just so incredibly sad.

What in the hell is going on with everyone doing DRUGS?

Lucy Fur

Yeah, go to bed "DJ Time To Go To Bed"
Your mommy will be pissed if she finds you awake playing with the family computer at this time of the night!

Sniglet

I wish Travis had kicked instead. Just for the fact that I hate Blink 182. He should pay for all that poo that has stunk up the airwaves for the last few years!!

dave

who's that talking about whom?

dave

So this dude got famous by turning on a turntable and playing music that was created and recorded by others - rich. With talent like that, no surprise that he hit the pipe and offed himself - bye bye, your 15 are over - next.

dave

Just got a call from Harvey, travis is dead. Next.

JoeP

If Barker dies next then I'm seriously going to go to see the next "Final Destination".

Syd Dog

I really wish some of you disrespectful big mouths would have the balls to leave more than your tasteless comments about my friend. If you have something to say let someone know who you are especially if you want to knock a guy who is dead, show some respect before someone traces your email/ ip address and pays yo punk disrespectful ass a visit? Adam is family and where im from when you disrespect family at a time like this you better gaurd your grill and every thing else? I am personally leaving my info here so you cowards can respond to me and if you dare give me some info on who you are and if you happen to be close you better happen to be careful and show some respect because when dealing with a guy like me the cops cant save you try me.

Syd Dog

My friend my brother is gone now and no matter what he wont be coming back, I have a good feeling his troubles are over now and I know he was a good guy and no matter what people say who did not know him? He meant the world to his friends and family. I will miss you i will miss all the racist jokes and goofin off chain smoking and watchin you practice on the wheels of steel. I can honestly say that I have been very emotional since hearing the news, Im not asking people who did not know him to pretend to care but show some respect and dont trash talk our fallen brother you idiots are not god so let god judge adam and the rest of you trash talking mystery punks better stay a mystery. I would love to meet one of you hecklers right about now, trust me you would wish your teeth were chocolate? If you did not know him there is no reason for you to say a damn thing just go find something to do that wont possibly get your ass wooped mysterious trash talkers. i hope everyone talkin trash gets with in punching range of me one day. I cant believe you idiots would say the things you are saying about travis or a.m.? dont hate appreciate what this man has done as a d.j. not alot of guys go where adam did so really back off or make damn sure you dont leave any traces of your personal info because all hell could break loose west coast style gaurd ya grill trash talkers and if you wish to actually speak to me send me an email im not a mystery guy theres no vail here tuff guys bring it i got something for yo trash talkin ass all of you. Rest in Peace Adam G.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments