'American Beauty' Star Allegedly Stiffs AmEx

8/30/2009 3:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Wes BentleyWes Bentley, the dude who became quasi-famous for calling a plastic bag "beautiful," is seriously in the hole with American Express -- and now they're suing him for over $90,000.

According to the suit, Bentley opened a Gold Account with AmEX, charged up $92,738.86, then never paid it off.

The card company wants their damn money back -- plus reimbursement for interest, attorney's fees and other costs.

danica

What a moron. He is obviously very irresponsible and probably never had any intention of paying? What did he need so badly that he had to spend this kind of money.

no wonder you're single

amex shouldn't be giving him a $90,000 credit card. what has he done since american beauty? name one thing.

Ken

Deadbeat. Knucklehead.

Esq

Anyone can file a lawsuit. I'd wait to pass judgment this guy. I defend consumer cases in court all of the time. AMEX doesn't always get it right, believe me.

Nicole

Ouch, sucks to be him! Boing!!

I love Krazy Kooky.

Autodidact

If you think nobody cares whether you're alive, try ignoring your credit card debts.

Hm. I hope it's just a mistake. I really like Wes Bentley.

the truth hurts huh

17. I really liked this guy in 'American Beauty'. Has he done anything lately?? Umm...besides defaulting on his bills that is??

Posted at 11:20AM on Aug 30th 2009 by janalal4

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Actually, he's been in 13 films since "American Beauty" and has 2 in the works. This, according to imdb.com. Check it out if you like.

the truth hurts huh

He also just filed for divorce in June. Hmmmmmm. Who ran up the charges?? We'll never know.

Homie1Kanobe

11. Wow,$90,000 up yor nose,That had to sting just a little bit.

Posted at 8:52AM on Aug 30th 2009 by homie1kanobe.......................

After looking at his picture again, It looks like he might have smoked some of he dope also.His teeth look like the early stages of Meth-Mouth

BLM

oh snap! at first glance he looks like a creepy version of Josh Duhmel. Sorry Josh!

slowride

How bout these damn credit card companies that, when the economy started taking a turn for the worst, wouldn't work with their card holders and accept a smaller payment than the minimum due, just until said card holder could get back on their feet? I went from working 40 hours a week down to 16 and contacted visa several times to see if they would allow me to make a smaller payment, but yet not hurt my credit or run up huge late fees. They wouldn't budge, so screw em, I signed up with the Debt Group and they'll receive less than the amount due and I have NO REMORSE! for what I was forced to do! I've always paid my bills and always will but the first time I needed a hand I was told no! F@#k Visa! They'll now get what my lawyers settle for and I'll never own another card again - my choice!!

di

maybe his wife ran up the tab.. who knows the real story?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2