Chris Brown -- Shades of Watergate

8/31/2009 8:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

So how do you explain not remembering the little dispute you had with your girlfriend -- the dispute that made you a felon?

If you're Chris Brown, you explain it by saying that Larry King badgered you into amnesia.

Brown is reacting to a clip that was released in which he said he didn't remember beating Rihanna.

Here's his statement:

"There have been reports on the Internet that I didn't remember what happened that night with Rihanna. I want to try and set things straight.

That 30 seconds of the interview they used of me was taken from a one hour interview during which that same question was asked something like 4 or 5 times -- and when you look at the entire interview you will see it is not representative of what I said.

The first four times – or how ever many times it was - I gave the same answer -- which was that I didn't think it was appropriate for me to talk about what happened that night. I said it was not right for me and it really wasn't fair to Rihanna. The fifth time – or whatever it was – I just misspoke. I was asked, "Do you remember doing it?" and I said, "No."

Of course I remember what happened. Several times during the interview, my mother said that I came to her right afterwards and told her everything. But it was and still is a blur. And yes, I still can't believe it happened because it is not me or who I am or is what happened like anything I have ever done before.

As I have said several times previously, I am ashamed of and sorry for what happened that night and I wish I could relive that moment and change things, but I can't. I take full responsibility for my actions. What I have to do now is to prove to the world that this was an isolated incident and that is not who I am and I intend to do so by my behavior now and in the future
."

TEXAZZ B.

Yeah, he really needs to CORK IT! I was giving him an out, because she's no ANGEL, but he really needs to chill. Chris, if you,your momma, your homies,or whomever reads any of these comments......STFU DUDE! Looking stupid and saying stupid crap like that ain't a GOOD LOOK, let it go and everyone else will. Remember, you'll only come up in jokes, flashbacks, and IKETURNER references. Don't be sad, you could be in the same boat as O.J. and that's NEVER A GOOD LOOK. P.S. stupid people, STOP SAYIN' TMZ IS RACSIST....I just love how the don't SUGAR COAT crap like the other sites....BRAVO S-U-C-K-S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Homie1Kanobe

I just ran some stats on you. They say your about 5'9" and weigh about 126 lbs. Your a little man, And I guess the only way you feel like a big man is beating on women, that has to be it. If you fought another man your azz would be kicked about 9.9 times out of 10. grow up LB.........LB= LIL BIATCH

AliCat

Is it just me, or does this whole thing REEK of when Whitney Houston began to dare to eclipse Bobbie Brown and he gave her the beats? I think Chris Brown should have done what another blog poster said and just said sorry, then SHUT UP!!!! Instead of hacking on Larry King's editing staff, he should say THANK YOU VERY MUCH MR. KING FOR PROVIDING THIS OPPORTUNITY! His ingratitude is very telling of his personality type. He didn't come across the way he wanted, and so now spits in the face of the person giving him a chance. If I had a talk show, I would have had EXACTLY no interest in hearing sweet talk from this woman abuser, who should have faced jail or at least been threatened with jail for anything less than 100% compliance with therapy to face his anger issues. One time, or one hundred times, he hit a woman...period! Chris Brown is just all about "Me, me, me, me, me" and comes across as very insincere...

Lou Lou

If he were truly sorry he'd stop referring to the incident as "what happened" and instead take responsibility and say something like "when I hit her, over and over again." He gives lip service to taking responsibility but it is not genuine.

Sammy

IGUESS HE MUST HAVE REALIZED HOW DUMB HE SOUND DA I DON'T REMEMBER,OR MAYBE READING ALL THE COMMENTS ON TMZ HOW PEOPLE WERE VERY UPSET WITH HIM.JUST TRYING TO SAVE HIS AS!!!!

Sparky

Cant remember? Little Chrissy Must be a cousin to Bobby Brown..or his kid!! He should be incarcerated or put in a psyche ward if you cant remember punching a lady!! A definite threat to Society!! Maybe someone will punch your lights out and then forget they did it!!

hmmm strange

Shouldn't someone who forgets something like that be in some sort of institution? Since he forgot about the incident, how can anyone including this twit be sure he didn't try and commit murder?

aaron

me

Hey Chris Brown, F U!

Now he's playing victim? F U!

Bonnie

Does he remember the other two times he attacked her?

Does he remember hightailing it out of town like the low-life coward he is?

Does he remember how much he paid his pr firm? Because they let this fool go on Larry King...it's time for a Refund!

Truth Hurts

Such a boring story!!! Let it go TMZ...He has his felony record to remind him of this and I really could care less since he has answered to the court system and it is old news! Anyone that doesn't believe his story is just holding a grudge! If he's bothering you that much you need to pray!

Bonnie

The person most likely to kill you is sitting across the breakfast table from you in the morning. Check out www.FamilylawCourts.com/domestic.html

And for the trickle down theory, that includes the kids. See www.Familylawcourts.com/kids.html

Chris Brown hasn't really learned a thing.

ZaraB

if its not him to do something like this...then why has it happened before??!!?!? Give it up boy..just shut your mouth... you are a dog and your "I am a good boy" cloths and your I am so sorry...does not...nor ever ever will excuse you beating and biting that girl...ever...accept that...what you did was bad...beyond bad...and I for one am glad to see that judge is going to actually make you pay a little for it

s jules

LIAR, LIAR, PANTS ON FIRE, HANGING ON THE TELEPHONE WIRE !!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sure my age is showing, but, he's is so full of manure.

The Truth

Now he's a bad dude....lmao He's not only dodo he looks like a piece of dodo ...lmao

SumGirl

What I want to know, is WHY in God's name is his mother helping him at all ? This is the problem. Mom was a victim, and instead of kicking his @$$ she is helping to cover it !!!
I to have been a victim of this. My ex also had a mother that had been a victim. She did the same thing. Patted him on the @$$ when it happened instead of sticking her foot in it. I now have a son, that without talking bad about his father, I remind him of it everytime he loses his temper of what that can and will lead to if he doesn't figure it out. As a matter of fact I printed off and read him the entire police report of this case and told him, it started with breaking windows, to shoving her into a wall, to this.
Outside of that thought, Chris is still a piece of $h*t.