Chris Brown -- Shades of Watergate

8/31/2009 8:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

So how do you explain not remembering the little dispute you had with your girlfriend -- the dispute that made you a felon?

If you're Chris Brown, you explain it by saying that Larry King badgered you into amnesia.

Brown is reacting to a clip that was released in which he said he didn't remember beating Rihanna.

Here's his statement:

"There have been reports on the Internet that I didn't remember what happened that night with Rihanna. I want to try and set things straight.

That 30 seconds of the interview they used of me was taken from a one hour interview during which that same question was asked something like 4 or 5 times -- and when you look at the entire interview you will see it is not representative of what I said.

The first four times – or how ever many times it was - I gave the same answer -- which was that I didn't think it was appropriate for me to talk about what happened that night. I said it was not right for me and it really wasn't fair to Rihanna. The fifth time – or whatever it was – I just misspoke. I was asked, "Do you remember doing it?" and I said, "No."

Of course I remember what happened. Several times during the interview, my mother said that I came to her right afterwards and told her everything. But it was and still is a blur. And yes, I still can't believe it happened because it is not me or who I am or is what happened like anything I have ever done before.

As I have said several times previously, I am ashamed of and sorry for what happened that night and I wish I could relive that moment and change things, but I can't. I take full responsibility for my actions. What I have to do now is to prove to the world that this was an isolated incident and that is not who I am and I intend to do so by my behavior now and in the future
."

renee

who gives a rats hairy ass what u ppl think. he doesnt have to prove anything to anyone, he did what he did , he apologized for it so GET OFF IT PEOPLE!! the only thing he can do is learn from it & move on. the only ppl still bitchn' bout it are you & camel face Jay z. the girl is doin fine gotdammit!!!! just make sure u dont beat ur girls ass or ya dude dont go upside ur head!

I LOVE YOU CHRIS, TMZ, & I SUPPORT MIKE VICK & IM FROM PHILLY! BOO FRIGGIN HOO BYTCHES:)(H8 MAIL CAN BE SENT TO DEKHANI27@YAHOO.COM)

Big Bird's Balls

Haha I love these people defending him. It reminds me of a woman getting beat over and over again and refusing to leave. That's all you defenders, you'd be the ones who would stay and get the crap kicked out of you. It must be psychological or something, perhaps you grew up in an abusive home with abusive parents. You'd be constantly going back to him. You think this is normal!

As for 'TMZ' is racists, well check the facts... go ahead. The majority of people in jail BLACK, the majority of crimes committed are by black males. If you don't like it so much, they should clean up their community. Stop listening to terrible rap music about life on the streets, hitting hoes, and killing cops. Oh yeah pull up your pants and lose the threatening look. At the time Chris thought it was probably cool to hit her. Like someone said, must have made the little guy feel like a bag tough black rapper man.

Why does he keep going on TV and whatnot. He should not be apologizing to us, but her and her family. All he wants is people to feel sorry for his ugly ass face and buy his albums. To be honest I had no idea who the hell he was before this.

Please someone stop rap music and make these people act right! If you think I am racist go to Pittsburgh and stand on the street and tell me WHAT you see?

markstudy

If you buy his music.... you are supporting his lifestyle of hitting women. Don't buy music from a WOMAN BEATER!! DONT give him your money, he will take it as a vote of support for his actions.

Two things will change Chris- Jail (he used his money to buy his way out)... or us cutting off his money supply. Otherwise Chris will never change because he's too comfortable.

Spending money on Chris's music (is in a way) a vote for continued violence against women.

markstudy

QUOTE- "137. How ya’ll just gone eaten Rihanna lying a*s up and not hear him out. You know she did more than she is saying..."

==================================================================

I Didn't see any photo's of Chris with a busted-up face?

Rihana can say anything she wants in a fight. Couples fight all the time. Lets not take the focus off of the crime. The crime is beating someone to a pulp.

The issue of what Rihana said, has nothing to do with a bigger stronger guy, beating a little tiny girl to a pulp.

A.B.

What Rihanna said (or shouted) has nothing to do with it. You just don't ever hit a woman. If you do, you have serious problems.

Punch the furniture. Take a walk. Get a divorce. Anything - but you just don't ever beat women.

ME

I AM PRAYING FOR CHRIS JUST AS I AM PRAYING FOR ALL U DUMB A**ES WHO DON'T HAVE ANY WORK TO DO BUT HATE ON CHRIS! CHRIS GOT MONEY AND ALWAYS WILL...IF ITS NOT DOING WHAT HE LOVES BEST(HIS OWN MUSIC), IT WILL BE WRITING SONGS FOR OTHER ARTISTS THAT U R ALL GOING TO LOVE! DUMB A** FOLLOWERS! BELIEVE WHATEVER THE MEDIA TELL U! CALLING CHRIS DUMB? HA! UNBELIEVABLE!

Tara

GO AWAY CHRIS BROWN. YOUR CAREER IS OVER. You now know what it feels like to be OJ Simpson.

tg

What I'm not buying is that this story is still news worthy. Talk about being exploited. I wonder if the story today about that Playboy model getting her ass kicked by her Man going to be in the news for the next 8 months or more. That's my wonder.

Reality

What a bunch of hypocrites on this blog. What he did was wrong, wrong, wrong, but he wasn't alone in his actions. Rihanna loves to give a punch or two herself admitted. They are both contributors, and she is the biggest fake of all. Instead of coming out and telling it like it is, she's letting him take all the heat for this. He's wrong, she's just as wrong but hasn't gone to jail. There is nothing "poor" abou Rihanna. This is no Ike and Tina Turner, but Ike and Ikeit. Chris Brown isn't taking any responsibility for his actions, but neither is she. Women and equality that is yak'ed about ,well the same rules should apply, but don't - never hit a woman, but never hit a man either.

THE CHILDREN ARE NOT BEING PROPERLY SUPERVISED...PERIOD!

STUPID AZZES HE'S NOT REMEMBERING BECAUSE HE DOESN'T WANT TO SHINE ANY BAD LIGHT ON RHIANNA, CHRIS DOESN'T WANT TO THROW HER "ANGER ISSUES AZZ" UNDER THE BUS.

RHIANNA STARTED THE FIGHT.

LADIES, IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE HIT, DON'T YOU HIT.

Copper07

Same excuse he will use next time. Run like the wind!!!

emma

can you guys please leave chris alone!

emma

can you guys please leave chris alone!

Robino

He has done the crime and he has been convicted, hurt financially(endorsements taken), totally embarassed himself and lost a very beautiful and talented woman. So can we please move on? He has to work very hard to earn respect again so I think thats punishment in itself. I think she would also like to move on.

Still in Shock

146. can you guys please leave chris alone!

Posted at 5:35PM on Sep 1st 2009 by emma

147. can you guys please leave chris alone!

Posted at 5:41PM on Sep 1st 2009 by Emma

-------------------------------------------------

No & No.

We live in a country where there is free speech.
and this is a PUBLIC MESSAGE BOARD...........duhhh