DJ AM's Death -- Not a Suicide

8/31/2009 1:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

DJ AMLaw enforcement sources directly connected with the death of DJ AM tell us that his death was the result of an accidental overdose and not a suicide -- and there is a tragic, ironic twist of fate.

Our sources say DJ AM, a recovering addict, developed a dependency to Xanax and other benzodiazepines (a group of drugs used to treat anxiety) as a direct result of the plane crash a year ago. We're told AM (aka Adam Goldstein) developed a tremendous anxiety over flying -- something he had to do frequently for his job.

We're told doctors began prescribing Xanax and other anti-anxiety medications to relieve his fear, but the benzos triggered a relapse into addiction. We're told benzos are particularly dicey for recovering addicts.

Our sources say DJ AM's relapse was "recent" -- he was not abusing for a prolonged period of time before his death.

We're also told the OD had "absolutely nothing to do with his recent breakup."

Our sources say the evidence strongly indicates cause of death will be a combination of crack cocaine and benzos.

jj

one less crack head who cares

Nicole

?????,

Is that your real name? Poor thing.

Anyways, just to school you, accidental is definitely something they can rule in a death. No one but DJ AM knows why he took as much as he did, but apparently, he didn't take enough for anyone to believe it was suicide.

Now ?????, get it?

mamajj

WOW!! Everyone here is a saint! None of you has ever done
anything wrong!! He fell off the wagon! And so what??
He was not a molester, rapist, or murderer. He did nothing to no one.
He lived his life. I am not a fan but the hateerd some of you
are putting out there is sick. He was someones son & best friend. I hope when someone you love dies no one bad mouths them.
RIP ADAM.

Andy

Nicole Loves Krazy Kooky,

Looks like you could do with some crack and Xanax..

After all, you do spend all ur time here commenting on other ppl's comments

Nicole

Andy,

And you spend YOUR time reading them! Here share some Xanax and crack with me....

M

Um yeah Nicole that's my name:) Are you high again or just stupid as he!!? Shouldn't you be crawling into bed with daddy about now? Past your bedtime you braindead s!ut..do more drugs than usual tonite..hopefully you won't wake up tomorrow and the world will be much brighter lol!

Aries

That's understandable.. "The combination of drugs". I am having an issue with the xanax is "dicey" part. I have had insomnia for 20+ years. Xanax puts me to sleep. Nothing else will. Since I have been on the Rx of 1mg. per night, I have been drug free for 3 years. Lost weight, quit drinking, have more energy, run 4 miles a day, clear headed, work 8-10 hours a day. Pretty much function perfectly because now I get sleep. I dont think xanax is for everyone but people like you who write bad press on certain meds is going to make them harder for people who NEED them to get. My life was horrible before it was prescribed to me. I never want to go back to smoking weed, being lazy, and over weight. Not to mention buying on the street from drug dealers... It truly helps me and tons of others who are better people because of it.

Why don't you stick to "Smoking Crack" kills people?? He was an X Crackhead for God's sakes. When someone is an addict, there's always a chance they can slip. He might of not been able to fight the urge but he knew exactly what he was doing when he bought a crack pipe and crack. Plus don't you think that he might of taken more than his dose of xanax after he was smoked the crack?? Who wouldn't???

If this was Amy Winehouse, Media would treat this a whole lot differently. Media wouldn't be so kind to blame it on something else other than her damn self.

Truly sorry to his family and friends. I am not heartless. I KNOW HOW THEY FEEL...Just saying if xanax was a "killer" or a "gateway drug" of any sort, Dr.'s would not Rx it to anyone.

mamajj

Nicole. Sweetie I am not upset. I need no drugs. I am just sick of
the hipicrits. Someone as died. We all should show respect.
RIP ADAM

M

How does daddy's gravy taste when he fills your yeast infected mouth Nicole? Get on your knees and service him you dirty, std infested skank..what else are you really good for? Dumb koooooooooooooooooooooky wh0re LOL

Andy

Nicole Loves Krazy Kooky,

LOL!

That's the best you could come up with?

All you gota do is compare your posts and and mine, to get a ratio of 23234089:4

That tells you all you need to know how much time I spend here compared to you.

Now go along and keep on smoking that crack!

M

Sandyland

How heartless are you? What a witch to say something like that. You were a drug addict so who are you to judge anyone?

M

So what if I spend alot of time here Andy? What a judgemental a$$hole you are..I bet I do alot more crack than you, you are just jealous

Andy

Thats right, I'm jealous of someone spending all day on a gossip site, smoking crack. I'm missing out on such a wonderful life!

But sorry, time for me to go out and smoke some REAL crack with some REAL people.

Andy out, Nicole [stays] In.

mamajj

Drugs can ruin you. I know. But just because he fell off the wagon we should not be certizizing! {spelling:)} I have no beef w/anybody on
here. Live your life. Be free.

Lorry

WTH, So now the drug dealer doctors have killed another one ?

Recently they killed Anna-Nicole, Heath Ledger, Michael Jackson and now AM

Why are they killing talents ???