Kid Ain't Playin' -- Hocks 2-for-1 Suits

8/31/2009 3:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

A ridiculous commercial just surfaced in which Christopher "Kid" Reid pushes 2-for-1 suits for a store in Carson, CA ... and trust us, it's the best thing we've seen since Duncan Pinderhughes learned how to dance.

The best line: "You tryin' to take your lady out? Take your mother out? One of your homeboys got shot? You got things to do and you can't wear shorts and flip-flops."

dish rags

molasses

MJ

After you've seen the video wath one of the other ones, it's called "Funny driving commercial".

It was funny.

Buwahahahahaha

Seriously? This Player was all over my best friend's husband, trying to get him to invest in a Franchise of African American Hair Salons, because he had that fly 'do back in the day.

I guess not.

fact finder

Did he actually say "One of your homeboys got shot"? I don't know whether to laugh at him, feel ashamed on his behalf or simply judge this as a pathetic attempt to identify with black young men

Are times really that hard that "Kid" would reduce himself to this much humiliation. After all, he's much too old to make immature decisions.

Your mom

Sounds like a place in the 'hood. Hasbeen, and I'm hatin' this is Chris from Kid and Play, ask anyone nowadays and they'd be like who...hahaha Sad.

"You tryin' to take your lady out? Take you mother out? One of you homeboys got shot? You got things to do and you can't wear shorts and flip-flops ."

c

totally lame. what happened to all the money kid???

PeaceMaker

mmmm, what did he do with his money.....maybe the manager stole it, perhaps he did not have the best people around him to manage his money, maybe he spent it all......but what business is it to me......he's trying to survive, so I respect him for that. In 2008, he wrote the theme song for Bill Maher's show on HBO and has appeared in other projects so he has talent. Maybe the owner of the store is a friend and he is doing the commercial to bring in business.

Its amazing. The same media that lifts a celebrity in good times, will tear them down when they wear the wrong outfit, becomes a one hit wonder, etc...We all have the right to free speech, but I believe the world would be better, when we try to make that free speech positive.

Geez

He had me laughing not AT him but at his humor! Should be hosting shows, he's got charisma and is actually funny. At least he's working having fun! Good for him! Dont hate...!

janalal4

".....One of you homeboys got shot?"-Now that's kinda funny! I vaguely remember this guy.

Whatever

TMZ you are all idiots, this is an old commercial and Kid works on the Bill Maher show as an announcer and such. Check your facts before bashing!

brazen weep

I got douche chills watching this.

Biker 1957

I never heard of this guy, which I attribute to my extraordinarily high IQ. However, it's quite obviously that he has a great sense of humor and enjoys what he's doing. After watching this clip I Googled him and was most impressed with what I learned. I approve!

Denise

The funniest part is "I've got women over there".....

What's UP??

What's up with all the haters??? Kid can sell me a suit anytime...at least he's working..and not out robbing people...you people need to get a job!!

whilome

Y'all do know he's a stand-up comedian now, right? He's not slumming, he's on his hustle like he's supposed to be.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments