Jackson Burial Goes to Court

9/1/2009 11:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael JacksonTMZ has learned Katherine Jackson has filed legal papers asking the judge in the Jackson probate case to have the estate pay for the burial.

Informed sources tell us lawyers for the estate will neither support nor oppose the motion -- but rather they will leave it to the judge.

A hearing is set for tomorrow at 9:30 AM PST.

The burial is set for Thursday.

Michael jackson Launch photos

aussiefan

"In the normal course of events many men and women are born with various remarkable qualities and talents; but occasionally, in a way that transcends nature, a single person is marvellously endowed by heaven with beauty, grace and talent in such abundance that he leaves other men far behind, all his actions seem inspired, and indeed everything he does clearly comes from God rather than from human art... he was a man of regal spirit and tremendous breadth of mind; and his name became so famous that not only was he esteemed during his lifetime but his reputation endured and became even greater after his death."

Tina

WHAT THE F*** CAN THEY PA FOR. IT'S A GOT DAM SHAME THEY CAN'T PAY FOR HIS FUNERAL, THEY GET HIS MONEY ALREADY, MICHAEL F***'N TOOK CARE OF THEM WHEN HE WAS HERE AND YOU MEAN TO TELL ME HE HAS TO PAY FOR HIS OWN GOT DAM FUNERAL. I AM SO F***ING PISS RIGHT NOW I CAN'T CONTAIN MYSELF. I HATE ALL OF THEM I SWEAR I DO, I'M SORRY MICHAEL BUT I NOW REFUSE TO BUY ANYTHING DEALING WITH MICHAEL, I REFUSE TO TAKE CARE OF THEM VULTURES, GET A GOT DAM JOB TITO,JERMAINE,JACKIE,RANDY,MARLON, AND ALL THOSE GOT DAM KIDS AND BABY MAMA'S, I WILL NOT SUPPORT THE NEXT GENERATION, WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY TEACHING THEM KIDSSSSSS, LIVE OFF OF OTHER PEOPLE. MICHAEL KIDS WILL BE FINE AS LONG AS THEY CAN'T TOUCH THEIR MONEY. I'M DONE, I AM SO DONE. MICHAEL HAVE TO PAY TO BURY HIMSELF, WHAT IS HE WORTH TO THEM.

Mariah

I know it isn't really fair to put this all on Janet just because she is the next richest relative, but why can't she just pay the bill initially until she can be reimbursed by the estate if absolutely necessary. If it were my brother and I were as rich as her, I would totally have paid for my dear brother to be laid to rest already. Again, it is not solely Janet's problem OR her responsibility but I kinda still wish she would intervene here and put the whole thing to rest already.

Terry

He buried himself in the grand style he could not afford.

AMAZED

Now I truly am amazed. The so called "fans" of MJ constantly bash the "haters" for believing the molestation charges, stating they "don't know all the facts," "were you there", "did you know him personally" etc. while they continually bash his family over financial matters. My question to you is how do you know what they were paid for those interviews, how do you know what their motives were, how do you know what they did with that money, do you know them personally, how do you know how they felt about their brother. You don't know any more than the so called "haters" do. Stop being so damned hypocritical and judgmental because YOU DON'T KNOW ALL THE FACTS EITHER.

a girl named sue

This whole family is a mess!! The parents, the adult children, still depending on Michael for money. How disgusting and horrible. They should all be ashamed of themselves. I had sympathy for Katherine, but she's a pathetic human being...

LucyInTheSky

...Like I said 2 months ago, MJ is going to be paying for his own
funeral.

Even after all the $$$$ the Jacksons have hauled in since MJs death
for public appearances/media interviews, AND Katherines 6 month
payment of her 40% PRORATED back from June 25, 2009, Katherine
petitions to have the Michael Jackson Family Trust pay for his own
burial.

They refuse to part with 1 dime from their own profits ALL made at MJs expense.

And they know that John Branca is too much of a gentleman and loyal
friend of Michaels to deny it.

The Jackson family is the lowest of the low.

Insanity 7.2 Censored By TMZ

Insanity Laughs:D :D :D LMBAO

Miss U MJ

It's really DISRESPECTFUL how most of you "supposed" fans of MJ talk about his family. If you do not remember what MJ stood for; it was LOVE, KINDNESS and PEACE. I believe he is crying right now seeing how some people feel they have the superiority to bash his family. Almost ALL funerals are paid from proceeds of the deceased persons estate, BOTTOM LINE! This man stood for compassion, did any of you not learn his most valuable lesson? It breaks my heart to hear "fans" talk the way they do. Do you think he would want his children seeing these things said, or better yet, if you could be face to face with MJ would you still say these things? I think not!

Miss you MJ, love you more!

tmz is the pits

#77 that was hilarious!!! Thanks.

a girl named sue

And everyone thought Debbie Rowe was greedy....she's beginning to look pretty good compared to these money hungry users.

susan

Why do people love going off on totally fictional and factless based tangents? Burial costs ALWAYS come out of an estate. The only reason this is going to court is because until the executors are named as permanent, all outlays of monies have to go before the court for approval. The Jackson are only doing what is legally required that they do.

Elissa

Oh, for the love of all that is holy, please BURY THIS MAN. This family has made his death as much of a circus as his life. And I am a fan of his. It is despicable.

I'm so sorry, MJ, that you are being victimized in death by them, too. RIP!

janalal4

MJ bailed Havenhurst out of bankruptcy, Katherine has already received an advance from the estate but now we have to hit MJ's estate up for the burial expenses. Hmmmmm........Nice.

Shrimp