Gladys Knight to Sing at Michael's Funeral

9/2/2009 8:47 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Gladys Knight We've learned there will be a special guest singing at Michael Jackson's burial tomorrow night: Gladys Knight.

Knight's rep confirmed the singer -- who knew Michael when he was little and once shared the same manager with him -- will perform at tomorrow's service.

The service will take place at Glendale Forest Lawn Memorial Park in Glendale, CA.

Hmmmmm

15. Michael will be buried after the fat lady sings.

Posted at 8:11PM on Sep 2nd 2009 by Walter

LOL

Reyna

who cares.................. i sure dont...

Saddenend

FINALLY, the Jacksons do something right for Michael.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Gladys Knight, one of the most talented and classiest women in the entertainment business!

Andrea

Michael Jackson has already reincarnated and this family is still going on with that circus...

Dean

The guy has been dead for awhile.How long are they gonna drag this out? He already had a huge massive funeral.

diane

Gladys Knight is perfect. She discovered the Jackson 5. I heard Aretha was going to sing. Also heard Diana Ross would be there along with Corey Feldman. I wonder if his dear Elizabeth will attend.

MJ

MICHAEL
If tears could build a stairway,
And memories a lane,
I'd walk right up to Heaven
And bring you home again.

May flowers always line your path and sunshine light your day.
May songbirds serenade you every step along the way.
May a rainbow run beside you in a sky that's always blue.
And may happiness fill your heart each day your whole life through.

May the road rise up to meet you,
May the wind be ever at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face
and the rain fall softly on your fields.
And until we meet again,

May God hold you in the hollow of his hand

MICHAEL you came into our lives
and leave footprints on our hearts
and we are never ever the same.

Your fans will never let you fade Away.

Ashley

CAN YOU GET FOOTAGE OR PICS OF 3T BROTHERS?

sue

I WAS JUST WATCHING HOLLYWOOD 411--AND WANTED TO SHARE----- WHICH I DO EVERY NIGHT THEY HAVE ALOT OF MJ NEWS AND UPDATES, THEY WERE SPEAKING OF THE SERVICE TOMMORROW NIGHT AT SUNSET--IT WILL BE ABOUT 45 MIN LONG AND VERY INTIMATE FAMILY AND CLOSE FRIENDS, DIANA ROSS --ARETHA FRANKLIN WILL BE SINGING ALONG WITH GLADY KNIGHT, AND OTHER FRIENDS OF MJS WILL ATTEND, MARLON GAVE A NEWS CONF TO THE BRITIN PAPER OR WHATEVER IT IS CALLED AND SAID THAT IT WOULD BE OPEN CASKET ( WHICH I FEEL VERY UNCONFORTABLE ABOUT THAT BEING IT HAS BEEN 2MTHS PAST) HE SAID THEY HAVE HAD HIM REFRIDERRATED AND THE BEST MAKE UP ARTIST IN THE INDUSTRY GOING TO HAVE HIM LOOKING LIKE HE IS JUST RESTING...I AM WORRIED ABOUT THE KIDS SEEING HIM AFTER ALL THIS TIME, AND HOW THEY ARE GOING TO PUT NOTES IN THE CASKET TO THERE DADDY, AND THERE WILL BE A GLOVE IN THERE WITH HIM. I KNOW WE LOST HIM A COUPLE OF MTHS AGO BUT THIS HAS REALLY BROUGHT THINGS TO REALIZATION THAT AFTER TOMMORROW HE WILL TRULY BE GONE, AND FOR ME THAT IS EXTREMELY SAD..I TRULY HOPE HE IS RESTING WITH OUR LORD, AND HE KNEW JUST HOW MUCH HE WAS LOVED BY SO MANY !!!! RIP MJ ---SUE FROM TAMPA

OhWell

Q: What do Michael Jackson and an nintendo64 have in common? A: Both got turned on by kids!!! But now they are both dead!!!

Brad

Wow, he is actually dead. I just cannot accept that he is no longer here with us! He is the immortal,invincible being of my childhood. He is my childhood. I'm 20, MJ and his music has been apart of my life since I was born into this world! How can Michael Jackson be dead? How is that even possible?! Why hasn't the world exploded or something? I just cannot begin to imagine a world with Michael Jackson in it! I miss him so much.

BillieJeanJackson

Who the heck is James Walker? He is on Cnn talking about all the drug addicts. Isn't he the guy that runs a half way house?

Gladys musta missed her appointment at Dr. Hoefflin's. She still has her original nose. She still can sing though.

I thought Jermy was going to announce his star studded cast for Vienna today.

de

enough already of michael jackson. how many funerals can one person. ENOUGH

mimi

# 25 insane....Thank-you! Awesome article.