Gladys Knight to Sing at Michael's Funeral

9/2/2009 8:47 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Gladys Knight We've learned there will be a special guest singing at Michael Jackson's burial tomorrow night: Gladys Knight.

Knight's rep confirmed the singer -- who knew Michael when he was little and once shared the same manager with him -- will perform at tomorrow's service.

The service will take place at Glendale Forest Lawn Memorial Park in Glendale, CA.

Kaz

Thank you Betty.

It's going to be a long long Michael day for me tomorrow. I'm going to indulge myself in a 32 dvd box set I bought of all things Michael Jackson.

Now his funeral day is finally here it keeps on hitting me that he's dead. So sad.

Real

To the Jacksons.....most of the world has moved on while you've taken 3 months to bury Mikey (your son, the pedophile, the dancer, the druggie). We don't care what type of east coast donuts he liked best that will be flown in for the chosen either.

Never, ever heard of any connection between Gladys and Michael until now. Must be a black thang (or maybe her federal taxes are overdue).

Even the Black people in my office are sick of this crap and aren't even talking about it anymore.

Rose

It would be nice if his fans around the world could light a candle for him at 7PM Pacific time tomorrow, since we can't be there as he is being laid to rest.
Maybe a red one. He wore red often.

Hmmmmm

Michael Jackson’s children will join Beckham boys to step into classrooms for the first time in their lives, it has emerged.

.All of Jackson’s three children were home-tutored when he was alive.

However, their grandmother and legal guardian Katherine Jackson’s wants them to join other kids of their age and believes this will help 12-year-old Prince Michael, one year junior Paris and Prince Michael II aged seven.

The Daily Express quoted a family friend as saying: “It’s going to be a culture shock for all three kids at first. But all of Michael’s brothers and sisters agree with Katherine that it’s time they stepped out into the real world.”

The King of Pop had once made plans of opening up his own school for his children, as he feared they would be “treated like freaks” in other schools but the plan could never materialize.

MJ’s children will attend the same 30,000dollar-a-year private school attended by the Brooklyn and Romeo Beckham. The Beckham’s third son, the fopur-year-old Cruz, is expected to join the school’s nursery soon.

The Jackson family friend said: “It is one of the most secure and security-conscious schools in America,” and rubbished all talks of the terrifying prospects of the school to Jackson’s protected children by calling them “totally unfounded” (ANI)

Hmmmmm

.All of Jackson’s three children were home-tutored when he was alive.

Posted at 10:36PM on Sep 2nd 2009 by insane

barb

MJ I Will Be There 4u Always

To be more exact for you

Sunrise and Sunset for U.S.A. – California – Los Angeles – coming days

Date Sunrise Sunset

Sep 3, 2009 6:29 AM 7:16 PM

All times are in local time for Los Angeles

You can find this at

HumanNature

I'LL BE THERE by JACKSON 5

You and I must make a pact, we must bring salvation back
Where there is love, Ill be there

Ill reach out my hand to you, Ill have faith in all you do
Just call my name and Ill be there

Ill be there to comfort you,
Build my world of dreams around you, Im so glad that I found you
Ill be there with a love thats strong
Ill be your strength, Ill keep holding on

Let me fill your heart with joy and laughter
Togetherness, well thats all Im after
Whenever you need me, Ill be there
Ill be there to protect you, with an unselfish love that respects you
Just call my name and Ill be there

If you should ever find someone new, I know hed better be good to you
cause if he doesnt, Ill be there
Dont you know, baby, yeah yeah
Ill be there, Ill be there, just call my name, Ill be there

(just look over your shoulders, honey - oo)

Ill be there, Ill be there, whenever you need me, Ill be there
Dont you know, baby, yeah yeah

Ill be there, Ill be there, just call my name, Ill be there...

james

so sad ..2moro is his funeral / burial ..

asmith161718

Michael Jackson was a wonderful person and the most gracious, warm and genuinely nice celebrity that will ever emerge from this country called the United States.

I love you more Michael Jackson.

buh-bye weiner party!

barb

85. That fire in California was actually caused by Satan opening his doors to receive the rotting, stinking corpse of Jacko.

Posted at 11:27PM on Sep 2nd 2009 by Number 1 Fan

```````````````````````````````````````````````

There's s special place in hell waiting for you. I hope that's to be soon, maybe tomorrow.

LucyInTheSky

Will she sing I heard it through the grapevine?

Just Facts

How many funerals is this guy going to have, keep it up and he may surpass Kennedy!

I hope the taxpayer is not footing the bill for either of these parties...

Mariah

Don't worry, Shannon. Anyone with a brain knew what you meant! Sometimes in our haste to post something or when we are writing passionately about something it is easy to mis-quote yourself. It was a nice sentiment.

quicksilver

Here is a poem from W.H. Auden that I feel is apt for Michael's final curtain. I tweaked it a bit to reflect more of the sentiments of fans all over the world (instead of just someone mourning the loss of a lover) -- but I think this poem aptly describes how much Michael is loved, and the overwhelming sense of loss we feel now that we have to say our last goodbye. Farewell and thank you for everything, Michael. God speed and until we meet again.

FUNERAL BLUES

Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone,
Prevent the dog from barking with a juicy bone,
Silence the pianos and with muffled drum
Bring out the coffin, let the mourners come.

Let aeroplanes circle moaning overhead
Scribbling on the sky the message He is Dead.
Put crepe bows round the white necks of the public doves,
Let the traffic policemen wear black cotton gloves.

He was in the North, the South, the East and West,
In our working week and our Sunday rest,
Our noon, our midnight, our talk, our song;
We thought that love would last forever: we were wrong.

The stars are not wanted now; put out every one,
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun,
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the woods;
For nothing now can ever come to any good.