Jackson Estate to Pay for Burial Costs

9/2/2009 1:35 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

A judge just granted Katherine Jackson's request to have Michael's estate pay for the cost of the singer's burial.

Jeryll Cohen -- a lawyer for the special administrators of Jackson's estate -- said in court today that the expenses for Michael's burial on Thursday are "extraordinary."

But Cohen also said this isn't your run-of-the-mill burial ... and that the administrators "understand and appreciate" the scale of the event.

Jackson will be buried tomorrow in The Great Mausoleum at Glendale Forest Lawn Memorial Park in Glendale, CA.

lurdex

I love you, babe.
I miss you, Michael.
Take care of your kids.

danica

Thank God! I am glad that the administrators were able to act with decency toward the burial of the man that they will be earning money off of for years to come.

Cali MJ Fan

Well, they may not be so 'extraordinary' if they moved it to Saturday.

So let's see, that's:

$25,000 for the casket
$253,000+ for the plot (if it's the same one quoted with space for 8)
$150,000 for Glendale PD

How much for:
nails, hair, limos, Range Rovers, dinner, clothes, music/entertainment?

Sorry.. I honestly think they handled this poorly-- waiting till the 11th hour to ask for the money when they said back around Aug 19th they were going to pay for Glendale PD themselves. They could have brought this up the last time they were in court and saved everyone time and extra expense.

Tacky Tacky Tacky

Tink44

Well, now you can rest Michael and get away from your money hungry mother. Too bad the one you loved and trusted the most is the one taking you for every penny even after you are gone! Try to rest now, God knows why you never could before, you had to keep your eyes open all the time to catch all the knives being thwon in your back!

janalal4

janicebyrne01

Irrespective of who pays for this funeral, PLEASE... just do it and let the poor man rest in peace at last. It's been 10 weeks since he was killed. When the burial is over, I hope that legal proceedings will begin against Murray and others. Arrest Murray!!!

Proud American

they always talking about how Joe was to the kids but, what about Katherine. She sat back and let him treat them badly. I think she is just as low as he is. What a low life of a woman.
I had a husband like Joe, but after my husband saw that I was a over protective mother that would put him more then six feet under, he knew to go away. And my children are proud of me for my strength. She should have been a better mother to them. Instead of worrying about what he was doing. But instead she let him abuse them. I have no respect for you, Katherine Jackson! It's all about the money.

Elina

I'm hot a fan of MJ,but i really love him.And deep in my heart I believe thath MJ is live...
MJ only you will be KING OF THE POP FOREVER!!!
I LOVE YOU!!!(K)

ttw

Good Lord, Katherine Jackson should rent a room at the court house. Every time you turn around she is in court for one thing or another regarding MJ's estate. Nothing like a grieving mother...

Generally an estate will take care of final arrangement costs, some people including me (under age 45) have their final arrangements made and paid for prior to death. Leaving instructions with their final papers.

However, I do agree, that this is an exceptional situation and the Jackson's have leached long enough off of MJ, can't they caugh up the money to cover a proper burial for MJ? Even if they did it would probably be with MJ's $$$ anyways since they all leached off of him for years.

Disgusting!

fang

rest in peace Michael Jackson

Xtian

(in a babies voice) Gimmie my MILK DAMIT!!!!!

pam

Michael is dead, family uses his money to bury him..uses his personal belongings......uses uses uses.
They have no shame...

frogpudding

Well I for one certainly hope that Jermaine gives Michael back his NOSE!!!Jermaine has been using it as a "shooter" when he plays marbles with Blanket.

Cali MJ Fan

20. Yep, look's like the executors maybe aren't the "DEMONS FROM HELL" they've been made out to be after all! They appreciated the size & scope of the burial. They have regard for MJ.

Posted at 1:02PM on Sep 2nd 2009 by janalal4
*******************************************************************
Team Branca has been respectful from day one. They aren't seen on the networks giving panel interviews like McBillions, et al. They aren't quoted in newspapers daily broadcasting their intent and moves in advance. They have been a class act from the get-go.

The fact they requested Judge Beckloff to decide is likely because had they agreed to pay it, McBillions would have come after them later and if they didn't, McBillions would be on every network claiming they were evil. I applaud their decision and statements in court.

I wish I could say the same for the Jacksons. Guess they need to recoup some of the money they spent in Vegas last weekend?

Jessica

que pena saber que todo ha sido un estorbo hasta tu propio entierro, todo es dinero, ojala te hallas ido con el mejor de los recurdo de la familia Jackson porque lo que menos han demostrado, que pena y rabia ojala algun dia pueda dejarte una flor , te mo mucho y para siempre......