Lil Mama: Sorry For Being a Lil Insensitive

9/2/2009 1:55 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Rapper Lil Mama has just apologized for comments she made on "America's Best Dance Crew" this weekend -- after she went a lil too far while grilling a transgender dancer.

During the rant, Lil Mama -- a judge on the show -- told Leiomy Maldonado: "Leiomy, come on. Your behavior ... it's unacceptable ... You were born a man and you are becoming a woman. If you're going to become a woman, act like a lady ... It gets too crazy and it gets confusing."

After taking heat over her comments, Lil Mama sent the following apology to GLAAD:

"I would like to clarify anything that was misunderstood from Sunday's show. My remarks were never meant to be disrespectful regarding Leiomy's gender nor offensive to the LGBT community, which has been a community that has supported me in all my endeavors. However, in hindsight, I recognize that my words may have come across as hurtful. I spoke with her privately after the taping to express that it was not my intent to offend her or any member of the transgender community and that I still live for Vogue Evolution."

Dani

She could have just said what everyone else is thinking, that Leomi was being a bitch. Regardless of how she was born, she chooses to live her life as a woman, and she damn sure needs to act like a lady, especially when representing a group of people who already have enough prejudice against them. Nobody likes a diva.

SERIOUSLY!!!

Why should she apologize for being confused? All she was asking for was a little clarity with the she/he act and trying to help that she/he with some professional advice. She/he needs to get a bit tougher skin if they want to make it in show biz. SERIOUSLY!!! I see anything mean/derogatory or that anything was said with malice .. she was confused about the act and if SHE, as a professional was confused, well the audience damn sure will be!

Karen F. from Chicago

I am surprised they even asked lil momma back on the show, i mean really she talks like she been on broadway or a super dance instructor whatever! I wish she could be replaced and then she wont have a career and actually may have to go back to school and learn something..Bitch please NEXT

A Nagai

Lil Mama did not say anything wrong! The tranny dude is very disguesting indeed!

Law

RE: 9. why do blacks say troof and not truth? and berfday and axed, keeping it real, real stupid

Posted at 4:41PM on Sep 2nd 2009 by c

-------- C, your ignorance is showing. Don't feel bad though. You're in good company. I just snagged you from the growing bunch. And as for Lil Mama's comment, she was SO far out of line. She had no right to say that, and in the end, I don't even see how all that was tied to constructive criticism. It made no sense to me. Forget all the cruel comments b/c like C demonstrates, you can't stop the ignorant. Leiomy was really hurt by that "feedback" though, and that's all that matters. I'm glad Lil Mama attempted an apology.

SERIOUSLY!!!

BTW, now I'M confused! ... when a 'he' becomes a 'she', are they still considered 'transgender' or 'female'? or do they like to play the card that suits them best in any given situation? this is a serious question! It should be an unspoken rule that if you become the other sex (male OR female) then that's what you ARE & life goes on as that gender from then on ...end of discussion!

mia

I don't understand why we're expected to respect people who will cut their genitals off because they are unhappy having them.

Honestly, I think they're all sick.

And by the way, these people are NEVER the opposite sex, no matter how many surgeries they have or how many hormones they use. They're chromosomes are all that matter.

SERIOUSLY!!!

After watching the WHOLE clip ... the ONLY one that took offense to what Lil Mamma said was Drama Queen Bee ~ Leiomy! Everyone else in the troupe nodded their head and understood the help the panel gave them. However, Miss RagDoll (aka Leiomy) still had the attitude she/he had before the performance. The rest of the dance team should drop Queen Bee RagDoll Leiomy, she will only 'drag' (pun intended!!)them down! Too long in her stride and very very ungraceful ... but then this "being a woman" thing IS new to her/him.

nightcrawler

Transgenders and homosexuals, whores and mongers are all being deceived by Satans demons. Lust is one of the seven deadly sins because it is one of Satans best weapons to destroy God's creation. Everyone is effected by these demons because we use them in many aspects of our lives, but it is sin. Castrating oneself to change genders is what Satan wants. Don't do it you will not find happiness without your balls.

mia

OH geez, nightcrawler, there's no need to drag imaginary beings into this!

Cloris

Gimme a break.

She didn't say any thing wrong, or needed to apologize.

lellenb

Honestly I don't think what she said was bad in the first place... Women are taught to act like ladies. If he wants to be a woman, I would think he would appreciate being told the same thing mothers have been telling their daughters for centuries.

Georgia

I see NOTHING wrong with what her statement.

Mr. Walker

Me having A Brother.. Well Now Hes my sister (LOL), as a transgender, She laughed.. Although it was kinda funny, but It was un-called for.. SHE SHOULD HAVE APOLOGIZED!!! Thats one thing this world lack is respect.. This is why Transgenders deceive the heterosexual world by not telling others about their "CHANGES".. My sister has always acted like a woman even before the changes, AND THE FAMILY ACCEPTS HER, WE MAY NOT AGREE, BUT WE ACCEPT IT.. and ANYWAYS, WHOS TO SAY WHAT A WOMAN REALLY ACTS LIKE ANYWAY!! And if u wanna get biblical, WOMAN aren't SUPPOSE TO DO HALF THE THINGS THEY ARE DOING NOW!! Working, preaching, Short Hair Cuts... ETC.... SO in this world.. WHAT IS A WOMAN!!?? PLZz People, HAVE SOME COMMONSENSE, and COMMON COURTESY...

Cheif

SO TRU MR. WALKER!! SOME OF THESE TRANSGENDERS LOOK LIKE ACTUAL WOMAN AS THEY SCREW ALL OF THESE STRAIGHT MEN WITH OUT THEM KNOWING!! HILARIOUS, CAUSE THEY WOULD NEVER KNOW!!!! ROFLMFAO!!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments