Ventriloquist Fights Back -- I'm No One's Dummy

9/3/2009 2:09 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jeff DunhamPopular ventriloquist/comedian Jeff Dunham is firing back at the documentary filmmakers that sued him last week, claiming he was merely used as a puppet in their scheme to make millions off his name.

Jeff claims in 2007 he agreed to participate in a documentary about the "art of ventriloquism" being made by a company called Montivagus Productions -- but only under certain conditions.

One of those conditions: Montivagus must not market the movie as a "Jeff Dunham project" -- instead market it for what it was ... a documentary about a number of different ventriloquists.

In the lawsuit, filed yesterday in L.A. County Superior Court, Jeff claims despite their agreement, Montivagus has been "falsely advertising this documentary as a Jeff Dunham DVD" to "mislead the public and reap millions of dollars by capitalizing on Mr. Dunham's fame and popularity."

Jeff -- who claims Montivagus also violated a number of other conditions of his contract -- is suing for fraud and breach of contract, to name a few.

In the suit, it says "any damages awarded to him in this lawsuit will be donated to charity."

doc murry

use condoms..first biotches

ThunderD

First, dummy!

balls

balls

mrez golucky

Yikes!

amber

Who cares. No one is going to buy it anyway. Jeff Dunham hasn't had new material since the 80's. I have the proof. I have vhs tapes of "Evening at the Improv" that I recorded as a kid... 80's/90's. SAME JOKES. Wait... SAME LAME JOKES.

He is the most unfunny ventriloquist out there... I wouldn't go near anything with him in it.

Whatajoke

I'd do him.....but not the puppets

SianP

I love Jeff Dunham. I don't usually like ventriloquism as a genre, but Jeff is truly funny, and in spite of what some clueless person up above me claims, his material is always fresh and he keeps up with what's going on in the news. And even the parts that he does sometimes repeat, it's always just as funny as it was the first time.... better, perhaps, because you know what's going to happen (such as with Achmed's foot bones).

I hope he fights back hard and wins. Montivagus isn't known for their ethics, so You Keeel Them, Jefffafarr!

jill

I agree I think Jeff is hilarious. He comes up with different stuff in his acts like the blue prius! Plus no matter how old it is, if it can still make people laugh their butts off then keep using it! Silent

amber

SianP,

Clueless, eh? Thanks. I would rather be clueless than follow a hack. Dunham VERY RARELY varies from his original material... from the 80's.

Watch some Doug Standhope, Louis CK or old Mitch Hedburg (R.I.P.). Those are truly funny talented people. Jeff is a joke... but not a funny one.

mittelfrueh

#4 Amber sounds like she works for the company being sued. The puppets have more brains than she does.

amber

I don't work for that company. I wouldn't work for a company interested in such no talent acts.

Don't be so naive

If he's so worried about the company diverting attention from the other ventriloquists, how about dividing "any damages" from the lawsuit among them, instead of to charities? I doubt any of them make the kind of money he does (unless the AGT winner is in it too!)

goldieok

sue the bastards!

Isabella

And THATS why Terry Fator is the BEST!!!!!!

mizz redneck chik

hell yea jeff fight back * jeff dunham is awesomei dont care what yall think

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments