Lawsuit: 'Real Housewives' Violated Me

9/4/2009 5:57 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It's not just diva drama on "The Real Housewives of Atlanta" -- a man featured on the hit series says the show made him look like a big 'ole dork ... and now he's suing.

George Page
says a clip aired on "Housewives" of him on a five-minute speed date with Sheree Whitfield in Atlanta. In the clip, Page is seen telling a really corny joke to Sheree while equally corny music and sound effects play in the background.

In the lawsuit, filed last week in State Court in Chicago, Page says he never gave permission to Bravo to plaster his face all over the tube -- and was even assured by producers that he would be edited out of the show.

Page is suing Bravo and NBC for at least $50,000 for infringing on his Right of Publicity and for causing him "emotional distress."

Still in Shock

20. uh-oh, read the story. He DIDN'T give permission, i.e. didn't sign a waiver.

Posted at 8:42PM on Sep 4th 2009 by Mary P

------------------------------------------------------------

I did read it. He said "he never gave permission to Bravo to plaster his face all over the tube -- and was even assured by producers that he would be edited out of the show".

If he thinks just telling them is good enough, its not.

He had to have signed paperwork, or they would have blurred out his "likeness" (meaning his face).

Producers do not "edit", so they just told him that to shut him up.Anytime you go on a reality show they are going to show the most outrageous clips to make it more appealing to viewers.
More Viewers = More sponsors = More $$$$$

NBC owns Bravo, their lawyers cover all their bases, and they know what they are doing.

Joann

If he didn't want his face shown on TV why did he agree to come on the show at all. It's not like it was a "real" dating session.

Serra

I wouldn't want to be on that retarded show either, good for this fella to sue them!

s jules

Let's throw him and his lawyer in the dungeon for FRIVOLOUS LAWSUITS. As Bugs Bunny would say, "What a ma-roon." I miss Bugs...wish he were on television.

TERESA GEICO APE

I'd be upset too if I were the guy, people are bound to think he's gay for being seen speed dating with Sheree Whitfield. She looks more like a man than he does. The times I have seen the show I keep waiting for the big reveal where Sheree admits she is really a he!

mia

That TV show is broadcast into homes in Cook County, over and over and over again. Page is a resident of Cook County. I think the Cook County Circuit Court has jurisdiction.

The TV show people handed Page consent forms and he REFUSED to sign them. He demanded that they edit him out of the program and they agreed to ... but didn't. He's got a case. This is a total invasion of his privacy.

dog

did he not see the cameras?

allrise

George Page VS. Real Housewives - See what the people say in AllRise court http://bit.ly/AllRise251

MacConvie

lol, he's just mad because his corny a** was plastered all over national tv. He was corny and so was his "joke."

River Phoenix

Give a TOOT, Don't Pollute

///////////////////////////////////////////////// B O I N G !!! ///////////////////////////////////////////////// B O I N G !!! /////////////////////////////////////////////////

B O I N G !!! B O I N G !!!

Posted at 2:07PM on Sep 5th 2009 by KOOKY OWL

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YOU NEED HELP. JUST SAY NO!!! The same thing that happened to me I don't want to happen to you.

mia

Page DID NOT sign a contract! I think some of you people just post your blather and don't bother to read.

Page was given a contract but he refused to sign it. He explicitly instructed the producers to not put him on the show. Don't criticize him, he has every right to complain.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2