Randy Jackson: Don't Air Footage of MJ's Funeral

9/4/2009 10:27 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Randy Jackson is furious footage of Michael's funeral at Forest Lawn is being broadcast all over the world, saying it was a private event and not meant for the public to see.

Jackson just released a scathing statement condemning those who violated the no-fly zone over Forest Lawn last night -- asking all media organizations to refrain from airing any more footage of the event.

Here's Randy's full statement:

"As a family, we are all aware of how Michael's life, and his death, touched so many around the world. It is why we held a public memorial in my brother's honor.

And it is the reason we chose to release a small amount of footage leading up to yesterday's ceremony at Forest Lawn.

I was dismayed last night and again today at the coverage I saw on television of our ceremony for Michael. We had asked the media to respect the privacy and the sanctity of this event; to give us one moment of privacy to mourn as a family out of the public spotlight.

Unfortunately, despite a no-fly zone around Forest Lawn, many media organizations decided to ignore our wishes. They employed helicopters that not only surreptitiously recorded our private family ceremony, but also severely disrupted it.

I therefore ask today that media organizations airing helicopter footage of the ceremony we held for my brother immediately pull that footage from their air and refrain from airing it in the future
."

Ben

That's not Randy, that's Jermaine...come on, TMZ!!

Blah

Ya good luck with that

Simone

I agree he's most likely upset that it is some sort of infringement on a TV exclusive deal...bottom line it's messing with their money. No other reason.

He can be angry cause it was on TV!! They gave rights!!!

If they wanted it to be private, it could have been.

GO AWAY CRAZY FAMILY!!! The only one we cared about is gone!!!

Joe

They could have put latoya up there instead, i wouldnt have known the difference, they all look the same. OBAMA HATES BLACK PEOPLE

Barakuda

For once someone in this family is coming to their senses and putting their foot down. BTW #4 MJ paid for his own funeral so how can his eastate money be your tax money. I agree with Randy even if they are going to air the footage of the funeral on special or release it on dvd that their decision the media. I think it time for everyone to leave them alone. Cover more on Klein and Murray maybe by doing so this case will not slip under the rug..

Barakuda from canada

Hates Conan like crap

Hey Randy. Blow it out your ass. Or are you under the stupid impression that the Jackson royal family owns the airspace over everywhere they go?

You make me f***ing sick. Go make some more dough off your dead brother.

bb

This is the silliest! The footage I saw this evening had the camera on the end of a jib arm, craning all over the family sitting at the service. And if they really didn't want all the attention, why the mile long parade of cars down the freeway with a police escort?
I'll be so glad when this is all over and we can all singly focus again on Jon & Kate...not!!

What about the kids??

Why hold the funeral outside and WHY in the world did Joe Jackson
have to keep announcing when MJ would be laid to rest?
If you wanted it private then WHY didn't you have it inside? The world loved Michael Jackson & he loved the world.

RIP.....Michael Jackson..Gone Too Soon

Ben

If this family wanted 'privacy and decency' they should have laid that poor man to rest LONG before 70 days. And who was at the front gate last evening waving to fans and chewing his gum with his 'bling' on trying all he could do to get on camera. And the being late thing; well, that was just plain wrong, too. They love the media and the attention, but try to cover it like it's so intrusive. I think, IMO, Michael would have loved knowing his fans were bidding him farewell in the only way we were able, which was through the eyes of the cameras; albeit, some are obnoxious azzholes.

alien75fr

Hi,
I can understand what the Jackson Family asked for (regarding footage) but as told before, MJ was not an ordinary man, we love him and we share the pain with his children and the fact is here in Paris (france) a tribute for MJ happened on 29 august and there were 3000 fans sharing their sadness while watching the best events of his life.
Remember that the last words said by Michael were to his Fans while annoucing his This is it tour : You have to know this : I love You, I really do.
We love you too Mike forever

rs

When media cant even get the pictures right what makes us think the info is correct. HELLO THAT IS NOT RANDY GET A CLUE

scrapyard

Who cares

rs

I DONT CARE ALL THEM DAMN PICTURES OF BLANKET CRYING ARE AWFUL, THE MEDIA SHOULD NOT BE TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF A CHILDS GREIF "SICK" "SICK" "SICK"

mjacksonfan777

I understand the Jackson family being upset. BUT, they have to understand that Michael Jackson was the GREATEST Entertainer that ever lived, us fans remain interested. Michael himself knew that he couldnt go out into the public eye without getting swarmed with ppl. It comes with the Territory....Who better than the Jacksons would know this?

Brian

Wow... His family didn't give a crap about him while he was alive. Now that he is dead they try and be protective of him. This whole Michael Jackson saga makes me sick. The only thing his family cares about is making money off him. If Randy got paid by the helicopter that took photos of the "private" funeral, then I am positive he would not mind.