Janet Jackson -- If the Glove Fits

9/8/2009 2:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Janet JacksonJanet Jackson has been busting her butt rehearsing for a Michael Jackson tribute at the MTV Video Awards this weekend -- and it promises to be a nipple-free affair. We think.

Ms. Jackson is set to put on a huge MJ-honoring performance featuring 20 backup dancers -- which is being put together by some of the best choreographers in the world, including Frank Gatson and Travis Payne.

According to one of the dancers involved, some rehearsals have lasted 15 hours a day.

Once Janet is finished honoring her brother, we're told, "there won't be a dry eye in the house."

La Toya Jackson

The whole jackson family are has been loosers... go away

Speechless

Mj was about love, kindness and compassion. He would love all of these tributes. As long as people are celebrating his life, they are keeping his memory alive and loving him. Janet I thank you for loving your brother and sharing his memory this weekend on MTV. This can't be easy for you. Germaine, thank you for The Tribute that will take place in Vienna. I hope it will be televised. Love you more, MJ! No, love you most!

why?

Money$$$..It's a hit, Don't give me that do goody goody Bull sh$$.

a fan

Michael Jackson would be horrified to know that his death was being used by his family for personal gain. I was 100% in their corner until I found out that they were going to include his funeral in their reality tv series and that they invited a convicted felon to participate in his tribute. They took advantage of him his whole life and he had to avoid them to get them to stop. Now he can't stick up for himself so his fans are doing it for him.

Speechless

Have your tissues ready for The Tribute in Vienna. I just read that Germaine is going to sing with MJ. MJ will be projected on the screen. Most of the money is going to charity. Let's keep MJ's memory alive!!

ahem

Gil Duldulao is doing the choreo.. get it together tmz

puppi

HAY PEOPLE'
I LOVE JANET TOO, I AM GLAD SHE IS DOING A TRIBUTE TO
HIS BROTHER THE MAGNIFICENT MICHAEL JACKSON.

WE ALL LOVE HIM SO MUCH. ABOUT 7 BILLION PEOPLE LIVE ON
EARTH, ABOUT 90% OF US HUMAN LOVE LOVE...MJ.

SO THAT IS A LOT OF PEOPLE FOR THE REST OF YOU HATERS

WE HATE HATE ...YOU TOO. LIKE THAT BITCH LADY REPORTER

DIANE SAWYR,AND THAT EDIOT BASHIR PAKI GUY (THEY BOTH

WORK FOR ABC.) WE SHOULD ALL STOP WATCHING ABC. WE

SHOULD TEACH THEM A LESSON, THOSE EDIOTS. MICHAEL JACKSON

LOVED LISA M. PRESLY, I THINK SHE CAVE IN TO HER MOTHER

TO DIVORCE FROM MJ.AND AFTER THAT SHE NEVER LOOKED

HAPPY AS MUCH AS WHEN SHE WAS WITH MJ. SHE ACTUALLY

GLOWS AT TIME OF HER MARRAGE TO MJ, HE MUST HAVE

REALLY GIVEN HER GOOD LOVE. POOR MJ.AFTER THEIR

DIVORCE HE WAS STILL WEARING HIS WEDDING RING FOR A COUPLE OF YEARS
YOU COULD SEE IT ON HIS VIDEO"BLOOD ON THE DANCE FLOOR".
IT IS A BEAUTIFUL MUSIC VIDEO SEE IT.MJ. WE LOVE YOU,RIP.
OF YEARS,YOU COULD SEE THAT IN HIS "BLOOD ON THE DANCE FLOOR"

pl

Surrounding himself with children was perhaps one way for him to get a little love because young children love unconditionally. He says that when he looks at children, he sees the face of God. God is unconditional love. What he was seeking was unconditional love, because his whole life, love was only granted to him conditional upon his success - from his father, from his fans, and not least from those around him who only “loved” him for his money.
-----------------------------------------------------------
I really believe he loved LMP and she loved him. I think they still loved each other to his dying day.

Layla

Too bad Janet did not work on helping her brother overcome his drug addiciton for 15 hours a day. Love you Michael!!

diana

Micheal and the #7. John Lennon and the #9, The Beatles' remastered CDs to be released on 09/09/09 & The Beatles: Rock Band Drops Into Stores 09/09/09. Wow, was this planned or did it occur naturally?

ashcraft

TMZ you really should hire a REAL photographer! The pictures on your site are horrible! What are you using - a disposable digital camera with jpegs of about 1 megapixel? They ALL suck!

mimi

# 65 I am an American and I loved MJ. We just ignore the haters on this site. You are right though....that's why he loved to be outside of his own country. If they had to post their real names, they wouldn't even bother commenting ,so just ignore them!

just sayen

Look Michael himself said Janet out of all his siblings was the most like him, that they even thought alike. Why they have worked together on projects & he said he was VERY proud of her & all of her gifted talented work. He said he would think of something a new move & talk to Janet & she would either be working on the same move, type of lyric/song or something very much as each other as if of one mind. So above all of the brother's & sisters I would support Janet & I have supported her all of her life just as I have Michael being he and I are near the same age, Michael being 1 1/2 years older, I have always believed as well supported him & her 120%.
She also wasn't in Michael's pockets either but rather totally his heart as he is in her's. She is a outstanding amazing artist in her own right & I feel the best is yet to come from her as in Michael's yet unreleased work..

Peace & Love!
Janet though I know it will be very emotional Rock us hard & soft love, for I know you above all can & will! My only regret is not witnessing it in person, but witness it I will.

anniam

this will be worth watching janet will put her heart and soul into this go girl make michael proud

Layla

#129

Michael was born in 1958.
Janet was born in 1966.