Councilman Backtracks Over TMZ's Brown Story

9/11/2009 5:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Chris BrownThere is a controversy regarding the story we ran about Chris Brown's hard labor duties in Virginia -- the City Councilman who gave us the information claims we got our facts wrong, even though we called him and got his approval on the story before we published it.

During that call, Councilman Doug Conner -- of the South Central 9th District, Richmond City Council -- had us make one correction regarding his responsibilities with the hard labor program.

Now, he's released a statement attacking the information in our article. We have tried to contact him about his accusations, but he has yet to respond.

Here is his press release:

"The statements and information ascribed to me yesterday in the article on the celebrity news website TMZ regarding singer Chris Brown are inaccurate and untrue.

I have no personal knowledge of, or information regarding, the singer Chris Brown. In speaking to a TMZ reporter, I simply related my experience with my own individual monthly District Cleanup Project in which I utilize the services of a community service program administered by the Richmond Sheriff's Office.

Some points I want to make very clear are:
I have no knowledge of any legal arrangements regarding Chris Brown.

Richmond, Virginia does not have a 'hard labor program.'

Virginia Commonwealth University does not have gang graffiti.

I have no knowledge of any clothing attire regarding the singer Chris Brown.

I have no knowledge of any times or schedules regarding anything to do with the singer Chris Brown.

I have no knowledge of any purported duties regarding the singer Chris Brown.

I have no knowledge of any purported management or supervision regarding the singer Chris Brown.

Richmond does not have a 'Department of Corrections.'

I am unaware of any purported transportation arrangements regarding Chris Brown."

chris brown rihanna pictures

kay

# 8 lulu, there you go, God is in control

#10 Carrie, worry about your racist people into every thing committing al kinds of horribly crimes, check the news every day is another story, Chris going to be ok Jesus forgave him and thats all that matters, he owe you nonthing worry about your crazy folks.

# 12 big daddy,people like you hates him, but guess what God got is back he ask God for forgiveness and thats all that matters, how many mistakes you and your loveones have made, i bet you won't tell the truth, Chris going to be ok ,Jesus got his angels all around him, to keep hurt,harm and danger away from him because so many of you want him to fail, but Jesus said not so.

kantreal

dude's superior probably got on his ass for divulging all that info cuz you know like tmz said a bunch a females would be stoppin on the side of the roads to take a pic of c. breezy.

DonnaLA

OMG, I'm soooooooo over the Chris Brown of it all.

MOVE ALONG TMZ.

BJean

TMZ take your camera to Richmond and video what kind of hard labor Chris Brown is doing. Seems to me that Brown just might be getting VIP treatment. Maybe the judge need to have a look after you complete your video of this woman beater. He really should be doing hard labor in the State System!!!!!!!!!!

gypsy214

Or in other words: "I got my ass kicked for talking to TMZ, so now I'm denying I ever said what I DID say." What a tool.

Yaya

I think Rihanna and Chris need to get back together.... I think she is as guilty as he is.... I wonder if he was drinking that night because liquor can cause people anger to explode in ways that it shouldn't....She hit him before, so Rihanna needs to help Chris.... He can do what is mandated by the courts.... Rihanna needs to have counseling along with Chris.... Couples counseling and anger management.....

Razzie

It's time to get off his back and give this sh@t a rest! He's paying for his mistake, and all you haters and hypocrites can kiss his azz. Grow up. This ain't the first or last time that a domestic situation got out of hand.

La Toya Jackson

Its obvous .. chris brown bought his way out of hard laber .. no one knows anything about anything ... mean while he's at the bar doing hard laber with his homeies

LUPE

# 3 are you retarded or what dude? Don't you read the councilman statements, that they do know nothing about Chris community service? He is going to do it in LA. To the people badmouthing Chris, about self defense, that girl is craizy according to news. She started attacking him first. So for a woman is self defense if she attack a man, but not for a man? She is taller than he is and older. She was punching him, too. About TMZ clearing a descripancy, guys you are Super.

an oppinion.

Renee

LOOKS LIKE TMZ IS FINANALLY GETTING WHAT THEY DESERVE. YOU ARE LIARS AND IM GLAD PEOPLE ARE STARTING TO FIGHT BACK. YOU WONT LAST NO MORE THAN A YEAR MORE. HELL AWAITS TMZ. SEE WHAT YOU DONT UNDERSTAND IS WHEN THE DEVIL USE YOU AND YOU LET HIM USE, HE USE YOU AND THEN TURN ON YOU, STUPID HARVEY HERE COMES YOUR MUCH DUE ASS KICKING , ALL YOUR STORIES WILL BE UNRELIABLE FROM NOW ON.

STARTING WITH MICHAEL JACKSON STORIES YOU USE AND OTHER CELEBRITES WILL SOON FOLLOW.

Carrie

Kay #18 and #29 Where did you take english classes? It is great to be in a country of free speech but you really come off ignorant in language skills. Also Kay is it I will say whatever I want whenever I want. If you dont like my opinion don't bother with it. I have extensive knowledge on domestic abuse and I am proud to put as many black checks on a person who wants our money to keep him in his lifestyle. Before you say he does not yes he does the Larry King forgive me interview and the website apologies he is trying to improve his marketing to make money. Also alcohol does make some people mean but a true abuser the alchol will hide who they really are and they are much worse when not drinking. I hope that I am wrong on all of my opinons because that would mean he would never hurt anyone again but I don't believe so. Chris Brown get real help and then do an interview.

roy the boy

He should have his ass kicked, And maybe a few kicks to his face
To let him see how it feels.

streetdude

It has'nt been a month since this Convicted Felon has been charged.And it looks like he has to stay in the lime light, Well I believe your lifesyle is going to break your probation. Then you will go to prison with the rest of the Convicted Felons, And we won't have to look at you picture anymore. Serve your time POS Looser. Just a clue for you.Life in prison is very fragile, You will become Prey like Rihanna was your prey. Is this the the 3 rd time you beat here. It's a violent cycle thats needs to be broke, Maybe Bubba will help you learn to control your problem.

streetdude

This is the 3rd seperate time Chris Brown has attacked Rhianna. He' is developing an unhealthy patern,,GOOGLE IT and you will see

kat

As a VCU student, I can tell you that there is INDEFINITELY gang graffiti on campus.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments