« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

D.A. Rejects Tequila/Merriman Case

9/11/2009 7:46 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The San Diego District Attorney has declined to prosecute Shawne Merriman over accusations that the NFL star choked Tila Tequila and refused to trapped her in his mansion.

The San Diego D.A. just released the following statement:

"After a thorough review of the investigation into the Sept. 6, 2009 incident at the Poway home of Shawne Merriman, our office has determined there is insufficient evidence to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that any crime was committed. The case is now closed."

UPDATE: The General Manager of the San Diego Chargers has issued the following statement: "It's really good news for Shawne. We're happy things worked out for him on the legal front."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Peter Schute

LOL!

lila

losers hahahha

Trixie

They probably threw it out because of the way Ms. Tequila conducts herself in person and on television. Mr. Merriman is quite a large individual and I think personally that if he "choked" her that he would have left enormous deep bruising. JMO

If TMZ had the whole story....you would understand

GOOD!!!!

I HOPE HE NEVER SEES THAT SKANK AGAIN!!!! I hope I don't have to see her either, when did being dirty start making you famous?

Nuts

Go away now biatch.Talentless whores need not apply.

upchuck21

On to the next media event...back to kissing girls...

Amazing

In your face biatch!

Barakuda

I was wondering how do you choke someone by holding their biceps? I always thought that girl was always a little odd.

edgar

YEAH! Now lets DESTROY THE RAIDERS!

liz

I agree with you Trixie.... He "photo op" showing off her bruises looks like she is posing. BTW I know for a fact you can get those kinds of bruises from bumping into things and falling down drunk. Tila is a loser.

CC

"choked Tila Tequila and refused to trapped her in his mansion." Wow, nice grammar TMZ.

Carl

Sounds like she blew the incident out of proportion. Not surprising given her personality/background as a fame whore. Heck, the Celebrity Twitter on this page shows her tweeting about being in a meeting looking for her new date (probably her VH1 show) and laughing about it.

CB

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks." - William Shakespeare (Hamlet)

JOrdyn

GOOD!!!!

Whack assed B**tch..I've seen her at parties and she is always drunker than anyone else. I laughed my ass off at this one and just maybe it'll teach Shawn to quit picking up on every crazy ass skinny hoe that looks good in a kini.

Hell, I'll date him if he likes normal chicks, but that's the problem, these big players love the crazy b**ches and all they do is get into trouble with them.....they never learn until they go to jail ROTFLMAO

Freddy

It's a sad day in America when a woman can get beat up and bruised and they don't press charges.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments